Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some of the exploits in eve

KrenusKrenus Member Posts: 26

The ability for players to follow you into your missions causes problems.

In 3 missions i was followed in 2 of them last night.

i am writing this because the day before that i was followed into a mission and while i was in combat with 7 battleships a full group of pvp'ers  follow in and pawned my ship.

I believe that EVE DEVS  are  even helping the pvp'ers find you.

i know you can scan down a mission gate  i have done it myself. But with me its like they are to correct in where i am. almost like they waiting for me to start a mission so they can do 2 things.

1. get me killed by Concord.

2. just loot my stuff

the other thing is  kill you easy while you are in fight with a hard level4 mission,

I believe that the .4 and below missions given to you by your agent.  Is being alerted to the .4 mision system pvp'ers by the dev's or the devs themselves are the ones in the .4 systems waiting for you to come in.

I guess the devs need fun too.

also with this problem i can see that if you trying to run level 4 mission to make anough isk to fund 1 account it is possible, however if you got almost anough to buy your next plex,  then you need to be extra carefull about  that  dude following you in your missions.

Be careful. 

One more thing since if you running  missions (NEVER EXCEPT A LOW SECURITY MISSION) 

have a good day

Comments

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    You need to learn the game. They are not expoiting. It is a well kNown way to make easy isk. You are an idiot for falling for it.
    If you do a lvl4 mission solo, don't be suprised if somebody scans you down and warps to you and starts looting. There are whole corps that do this, mine included. The smart thing for you to do is to just leave the room. Do not shoot the looters, that is what they want.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_(online_gaming)

An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

What you are referring to is not an exploit as far as gaming is concerned.  It certainly can be considered exploitation of someone's lack of knowledge of actual game mechanics though.  =)

As the poster above stated - do not shoot at them.  If they shoot at you first then CONCORD will get them.  If you don't want them looting your wrecks then just warp out and hope the NPCs target them - otherwise let them have it!  It's very rare that the loot is worth more than your ship!

You also mention .4 and lower Missioning.  Low Sec Level 4 Mission systems and their surrounding area have been watched over by opportunists looking to gank a silly Solo Missioner foolish enough to attempt to run them in their space since the beginning of time.  It's typically a bad idea to travel through unfamiliar Low Sec as a solo person.  Solo L4s there moves from a bad idea to just plain crazy.  =)

I'm not naysaying anything you mention about Devs, etc. cause how the hell could I know if they're doing such things.  That said, it is much more likely just folks that live to see a mission gate pop up on scan in a low sec system.

GL HF Fly Safe!

k

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Just leave the mission and don't use MTU's or they can shoot them to suspect bait you. Mission griefing is probably one of the worst ways to earn isk, it is only mildly sucessful at times due to people that don't understand game mechanics, and unfortunately you were one of them. Learn with your mistakes and it won't happen again.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Welcome to EVE.

It's a dangerous world out there.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    I think you do not understand the meaning of "exploit"...
  • KrenusKrenus Member Posts: 26

i read you guys comments and thank you all.

even the one that trolled me.

now it been about 3 days in eve online since my big mission ship was lost.

just mining in high security space my miner was attacked and blewup

by  low skilled players they haven't been in the game month.

their ships cost all 5 of them  would have be less than 10 mil with all their mods

my miner  200mil

eve online has become to unbalanced

a eve online new player with 3000 Skill points can make a 85mil Skill Point player not even want to come out of the station.

REASONS

1. The Mackinaw is really a weak ship there is noway it can last the damage done it from 5 small frigates. before it blews

even with rank 5 skills.

there are utube videos to prove what i said.

okay

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    so when 5 agressive ships enter the belt why didnt you warp off? If you were afk i have no sympathy

i expected an answer like what you gave

maybe one day it will happen to you and you answer the question

however it was 1 frigate in front of me and what i notice was the fact that you can't warp through another ship it blocks you from warping.

here is what was done

ship 1 get  in front of your ship

he then tells his team  to warp to him.

all 4 frigates warp to him

and you can't warp cause he is in front of you

now since the Mackinaw is so weak your ship is blew before concord can kill those ships

that makes it to easy for a low Skill Point player (working in a team to take out costly ships)

anyway i am taking the advice of  one of the trolls and quit playing eve online

i may even play WOW since if you die there there is no lose

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246

Judging from the content of your post OP and your annoyance I'd say, like a lot of Eve players I've spoken to, you're in denial. Eve is probably not for you. It took me quite a long time to realise that myself. I desperately wanted it to be a complex space sim where a player could do a lot of things and stay interested indefinitely - relax mining whist watching you tube, explore casually, do missions for a change grinding faction rep and then pvp if the fancy took me (who knows the occasionally unexpected skirmish out and about in low sec keeps things interesting).  Imo options on play style are what makes the best MMOs great. However, I was fooling myself, all the other stuff is fluff and the devs have been edging it towards making anything else but pvp next to futile over time. The recent changes dramatically reflect that. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the game engine, the way it looks, the complexity of the ship design, the massive scale - there is so much that's great about the setup besides the execution and where it's gone and I can't make it be what I want it to be, f*** knows I've tried many many times! Hoping star citizen is going to be that kind of multilayered space sim experience.

Thanks Volenibblets

You put it all in a nut shell for me.

I tried to pvp but i just could not pull the trigger.

even in a pvp group i never even shot my missiles

yep, after 9 years of game play

you are the one that says it all nice comment

thank you.

Maybe one day CCP will make a new mmo for PVE

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

You played EVE 9 years and never fired your missiles?

Definitely not the right game for you, like others said, perhaps SC might be more to your liking.

On the other side, your thread convinced me to reactivate a couple of my accounts, want to see if it is as different/challenging as you are saying.

A Yin for every Yang I guess.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EvgireonEvgireon Member Posts: 71

You chose to play the role of the prey(deer/fish/mouse/miner) yourself and now complain that you were hunted by the predators(wolves/shark/cat/pvper)?

If EVE was a farm simulator and sheep could talk, this is how it'd look like...

The ability for wolf packs to follow you into your wooden gated pasture with huge holes causes problems.

In 3 pastures i was followed in 2 of them last night.

i am bleating this because the day before that i was followed into a pasture and while i was in fear with 7 alphawolves a full group of wolves  follow in and pawned my body.

I believe that EVOLUTION is even helping the wolves to find you.

i know you can sniff down a pasture soaked with sheep's by-products i have done it myself. But with me its like they are to correct in where i am. almost like they waiting for me to start grazing so they can do 2 things.

1. get me killed by Damaging-my-body-by-running-into-their-claws-and-teeth

2. just loot my meat

the other thing is  kill you easy while you are in fight with a hard corn cob

I believe that the woods given to you by your hypothalamus.  Is being alerted to the forest grass spots wolves by the EVOLUTION or the EVOLUTION themselves are the ones in the woods waiting for you to come in.

I guess the EVOLUTION need fun too.

also with this problem i can see that if you trying to eat corn cobs to make anough carbohydrates to feed it is possible, however if you got almost anough to give birth to your next lamb,  then you need to be extra carefull about  that  wolf following you in your pastures.

Be careful.

One more thing since if you grazing(NEVER EXCEPT A LUSH FOREST WITH LOTS OF GRASS)

have a good day

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Krenus

Thanks Volenibblets

You put it all in a nut shell for me.

I tried to pvp but i just could not pull the trigger.

even in a pvp group i never even shot my missiles

yep, after 9 years of game play

you are the one that says it all nice comment

thank you.

Maybe one day CCP will make a new mmo for PVE

Sorry, for the moment I understood that you play EvE for 9 years but that didn't really sound correct with what you said about those frigates. Obviously if you played EvE (or at least made some research to the role of miner) you would learn two things:

1. frigate warping to the belt is always suspicious (or for that matter anything below battlecruiser / cruiser)

2. ship aligning

Frigate comes to belt and is going your way? Just leave and be done with it.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Ahhhhh, I remember the times when I got my behind handed to me by stuff like that. I've learned a lot.

I should add a protip just for the heck of it: If pirates attack you, get you down to hull, stop firing and ask for a payout in exchange for your ship's survival: don't pay up. they''lle destroy your ship anyway.

Teeheehee. I was pretty stupid at times.......

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    There is no safe zone in Eve. There are very organized corps that prey on mission runners.  Its an illusion to think you are safe in Concord space. Eve appeals to this kind of player. They will eventually be a game full of predators and let them stay there. Eve is a prime example of how a game panders to scammers, "Lord of the flies" all around asshole behavior. Some call this a sandbox.  I am so looking forward to the new generation of space games.
  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Why did you choose to fly a mackinaw over a Skiff?

You saw a higher ISK advantage in flying the Mackinaw over the defensive advantage you would of seen with a Skiff.

Risk Vs. Reward is one of the corner stones to eve online.

I'm sorry for your loss but it is a good example of what makes eve online such a great game to play.

You took unnecessary risks for a higher gain and it didn't come out in your favor and that's not really a bad thing.

The ore that you mine is sold to a ship builder who makes mackinaws and sells them on the market.  If we didn't need new ships and related items who would need or use the ore that you are mining?

You're supposed to take risks for a perceived advantage and other players are supposed to take their own risks for their own advantages.  The players that attacked you saw an advantage, took that advantage, and won this time.

It sucks that you lost but the game is working as intended and be thankful for it.

thanks again for your good comment and your trolled comments i liked them all.

this is good for me i have quit playing eve online i realized it wasn't for me.

however you guys that want to go in the game at a low Skill Point and kill all the mackinaws and hulks in the game with tech 1 mods and using any destorer class ship in the game. then go ahead .

its easy to do.

AS i was saying still is true. High Skilled Players in eve online with the new expac RUBICON .

Are now easy  prey to the new players coming in the game.

to me that is not exceptable

Now i left to by corp over 5Bil isk and a collection of battleships and miners should last them a long time.

Marauders, Orcas, haulers and macks and hulks they should be set for a while.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Odds are good those "new" players you speak of are actually EVE veterans who are well versed in suicide ganking mechanics, who have rolled alts in order to protect the sec status of their mains.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522

First rule of EvE: NEVER fly a ship you cannot afford to lose.

Second rule of EvE: There is no such thing as a Fair fight.

Third rule of EvE: If you get beat, don't complain about it. You'll get no sympathy and in fact might find more people tracking you down so they can troll you further.

In other words, complaining here is providing entertainment to those that enjoy stuff like this.

You don't want this happening again? See rules 1 and 2.  If you're cool with this, then chance flying solo.  Otherwise, find a good corp who's part of a great alliance who's part of a great coalition and group with them.  

There's strength in numbers....especially when you outnumber them. ;)

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Meh, CCP is run by the large player corps, and exploiting by both them and CCP staff is rampant in the game. What do you expect from a company which allows the online equivalent of beating someone up and taking their stuff (insofar as PLEX is concerned)?

I know the game itself is decent, and there are good people to be found, but in this case it's just not worth the hassle. You're better off waiting for something like Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, or tracking down one of the many excellent remakes / updates of Privateer or Freelancer out there. Perhaps even an Earth & Beyond... well, you'll have to do the legwork on that due to the draconian rules on this site. AFAIK PM's aren't disallowed though, just public discussion.

Take care, and good luck getting that itch scratched.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Kind of funny how much damage these little ships do when you self destruct.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Heh, EVE always had a exploit problem and the devs never really worked in to solving the problem. Like I said a few weeks ago, EVE-Online is all about scamming, which is sad because the game could of been so much more then that.  But worry not, cancel your sub and save your money for 2015.  With Novus Aeterno, Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous heading our way, EVE-Online will just perish.
  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

however you guys that want to go in the game at a low Skill Point and kill all the mackinaws and hulks in the game with tech 1 mods and using any destorer class ship in the game. then go ahead .

its easy to do.

AS i was saying still is true. High Skilled Players in eve online with the new expac RUBICON .

Now i left to by corp over 5Bil isk and a collection of battleships and miners should last them a long time.

No it was true, but a few expansions ago they gave us a mining ship with a great tank which would of survived your assault, but it comes at the cost of ISK per hour.

You chose a ship but didn`t take the precautions necessary when using that ship and you lost it because of it.

All the skill points on your toon isn`t going to save you if you:

1) fly the wrong ship for what you intend to do;

2) have the wrong fittings on your ship;

3) fly it wrong;

You failed on 1 and 3.

You should of been in a Skiff or you should of warped out as soon as you saw the first frigate.

These are also the reasons why skill points don`t really matter in space and yet another reason why eve online is a good game:  You don`t need to catch up to vets.

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by Hazelle

its easy to do.

No it was true, but a few expansions ago they gave us a mining ship with a great tank which would of survived your assault, but it comes at the cost of ISK per hour.

You chose a ship but didn`t take the precautions necessary when using that ship and you lost it because of it.

All the skill points on your toon isn`t going to save you if you:

1) fly the wrong ship for what you intend to do;

2) have the wrong fittings on your ship;

3) fly it wrong;

You failed on 1 and 3.

You should of been in a Skiff or you should of warped out as soon as you saw the first frigate.

These are also the reasons why skill points don`t really matter in space and yet another reason why eve online is a good game:  You don`t need to catch up to vets.

"Not AFK" for any amount of time. Should have it's own even though it falls under 3.  As long as one is aligned and not afk, doesn't have to be moving.  The attackers have some much going against them.  Still possible to get popped. Though they would have really wanted a person specifically and not just roaming looking for easy targets.

Some good points and comments you dudes are really great.

i can tell you all have played the game.

thanks for all the great comments.

I have quit the game and i hope i can stay away from it.

it was like something i looked forward some new something different.

but you guys can quit the comments i have decided to leave the game for good

i can use the monthly fee for another game like  SWTOR

you can fly in space there and if you get blew up just respawn back and start again.