Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enjoying this game but bring a friend!

PoachinatorPoachinator Member UncommonPosts: 80

I have been playing DFUW for about 3 weeks now. I do have a life, married, work 50 hours a week etc. I have spent my time in DFUW with a buddy leveling up our characters together. I have done things such as afk harvest and craft while cooking dinner, watching TV, or even playing another game to help build my toon.

The game is rather large, the thrill of going past the safe zones once you complete the initial monster feats and the danger of getting killed is something that drives me to keep playing. I have died a few times and pulled off some miraculous escapes during my time so far.

My character is now nearing completion of a first spec. I had joined a clan initially and watching/listening to their coms this whole time has been exciting. I finally grew up enough in DFUW to head out the Clan City and enjoyed a night of PvP. Everything from ships coming at us to various groups of other clans banding together against us. I engaged in the pvp, sat back and watched tactics and learned, and look forward to a whole lot more.

I think this game is for those who have patience and wish to enjoy it one step at a time. It took me just over three weeks to feel comfortable enough to join my clan mates and engage in some serious pvp and I do not regret one minute of it. I think this game does get a bad rap as people tend to rush into things and want to get out there and pvp within the first couple of days. This game just does not work that way. You gotta focus on building your character, interact with friends, and eventually you will be ready to take part in the real fun.

Playing with a friend really does help, gives you an extra set of eyes out in the danger zones, speeds up the spawn rates of spawn points, and gives you someone to talk with while you grind away and shaping your toon. Very impressed with this version of DFUW. I did play the original for a couple weeks but for a working man that just seems out of the ballpark to make up ground. Like I said this is a very good game for the patient at heart. Thrilling adventure so far!

Comments

• ZoltosZoltos Member UncommonPosts: 60

Good post!

Thats just the thing about Darkfall...it´s not your normal themepark mmo! Nope it´s more like a open (pvp) world with sandbox elements in it. And the experience new players get when they get in, can wary soo much! And for people that play it solo for a long time will quickly get bored.

The game still need a lot more contend and fixes... But as long as enough people is playing and the political conflicts are going on, the game still is pretty good!

Games Played: Anarchy Online,Star Wars Galaxies,WOW,Eve,Darkfall,Vanguard, Fallen Earth,SWTOR,GW2,Tera,ESO,Wildstar, Black Desert, Archeage & Albion Online
    Now playing: Conan Exiles & Rocket League
    Games looking forward to: Diablo 4! & Star Citizen?

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    What server you on NA or EU, what clan are you in, don't want to know your character name, by that I can tell what kind of experience your having with the other people in game.
  • indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    good post... what clan are you in?  I only ask because what clan you're in will tell me what your experience will be like in the game for the future.
  • PoachinatorPoachinator Member UncommonPosts: 80

Running with a clan called Zerg on the NA server. These guys are fun to be around and are very helpful. Don't get me wrong if your interested in the game and do not have a friend to start with its clans like this that do have veteran players who will offer to camp mob spawns and take themselves out of the rotation. There a few Clans that do this in DFUW on the NA server. Its unfortunate that the global community can be a bit volatile with internet tough guys but I have since buried that chat channel in a window that I hardly ever check.

Gotta love being able to queue up 99 items to craft and then go do a workout. Just got done preparing dinner, riding my bike while watching trailer park boys, and doing some strength training. During this time I would pop into the computer room and increase my crafting queue as needed. Gained about 800 prowess (DFUW version of XP). I killed two birds with one stone, worked to be less fat IRL and improved my toon in a virtual world! Love it!

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Glad you're enjoying the game. You're right, it's not meant to be played alone. Finding a clan or, as you say, bringing a friend is the way to go. IMO this game shines when it comes to small - mid scale pvp.
  • LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

I'm part of a small, tight knit clan. Every night, I play with the same 10 or so people.

I found that clans in Darkfall are closer, and tighter knit than any other MMO's I've played in years. That's because we have real enemies with names, instead of just a generic opposing faction who happened to queue up against us in a battleground.

It's not about your gearscore, or your DPS, or whatever metric the themeparks are measuring player value by these days. It's more about finding your place in a persistant world, and developing long term friendships and feuds with other players.

That's why I love the small community of Darkfall.

• KaosLegionKaosLegion Member UncommonPosts: 79
    I'm always watching this game but I'm very reluctant to pick it up without some form of trial. Especially being sub based. Maybe next sale on steam?
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by KaosLegion
    I'm always watching this game but I'm very reluctant to pick it up without some form of trial. Especially being sub based. Maybe next sale on steam?

I wouldn't expect any sales before the end of the month, AV has some 6 figure loans due this month.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Originally posted by Lustmord

I'm part of a small, tight knit clan. Every night, I play with the same 10 or so people.

I found that clans in Darkfall are closer, and tighter knit than any other MMO's I've played in years. That's because we have real enemies with names, instead of just a generic opposing faction who happened to queue up against us in a battleground.

It's not about your gearscore, or your DPS, or whatever metric the themeparks are measuring player value by these days. It's more about finding your place in a persistant world, and developing long term friendships and feuds with other players.

That's why I love the small community of Darkfall.

+1BILLION!! This is what I love about the game. Minus the internet tough guys in global, the clan community and no LFG, LFR, DPS, etc metrics! 

You missed the holiday sale it was $13.99 on steam which would have given you 30 days and the game. I think DFUW would do better if they dropped the sub down to $9.99 a month. Hell I would buy multiple accounts if that were the case, a trick to increase spawn rates and a way to have alts without having to overgrind on one.

• BaiameBaiame Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by Poachinator

You missed the holiday sale it was $13.99 on steam which would have given you 30 days and the game. I think DFUW would do better if they dropped the sub down to $9.99 a month. Hell I would buy multiple accounts if that were the case, a trick to increase spawn rates and a way to have alts without having to overgrind on one.

When AV was transitioning from DFO to DF: UW, they dropped the sub price to $9.99 (and eventually dropped the sub completely).  I had three accounts at that point.  It was only for a few months but I had a blast with my extra toon.  Hoping this game keeps on keepin on.  Hopefully, AV can drop the client price and get more people rolling in...perhaps try something similar to EVE.  $19.99 (or cheaper with sales) gets you the client and a month.  

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Watch the leader of Zerg op. He will use ya and lose ya. Seem him burn his own members in the past and is not above using his Zerg harvesting army to make him money irl selling clan assets.
  • BsSilentBsSilent Member UncommonPosts: 3

Welcome to darkfall. Which clan did you join or currently in?

Darkfall requires an open mind and you need to be willing to lose those pixels. This game really requires a team/can effort, if you plan on playing this game solo you may get bored quickly or very frustrated since most do not roam solo.

Enjoy!

Hope to see you in DFUW

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234

As it's on sale, I bought it! I've been wanting to give it a try for some time now, so... 

I'll play on Europe servers. Recommendations on a friendly clan?

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Join Imperium! Roleplay as a Roman style Empire, with great PvP action. Everyone seems to love their antics.