Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon Kickstarter!

Comments

• UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339

I want a pantheon farm and i will grow lots of cool crops!

I hope we get that stretch goal

• CeythosCeythos Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by DefectorSaryrn
    The strech goals are what they will promise to get into game for launch.  They intend to meet all the strech goals, even if the kickstart doesnt get them funded - they just may not be in for launch.  - I heard this directly from Brad in another topic.

This is spot on. While some of the unfunded stretch goals may not make it in for launch, we're still going to have to design the world, classes, systems, etc with those goals in mind - otherwise you just end up with them tacked on, and they end up feeling tacked on (which would be a huge no-no). So we'll be doing a good bit of the the work on those things regardless, but the full implementation may come later after launch depending on funding.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Ceythos
    The strech goals are what they will promise to get into game for launch.  They intend to meet all the strech goals, even if the kickstart doesnt get them funded - they just may not be in for launch.  - I heard this directly from Brad in another topic.

This is spot on. While some of the unfunded stretch goals may not make it in for launch, we're still going to have to design the world, classes, systems, etc with those goals in mind - otherwise you just end up with them tacked on, and they end up feeling tacked on (which would be a huge no-no). So we'll be doing a good bit of the the work on those things regardless, but the full implementation may come later after launch depending on funding.

Glad to hear this. 

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776
    Originally posted by yila

once they reach their 800k goals, It will be easier for them to get private investors to back them which should push them over their stretch goals.  

Private investors?  You mean SOE?

We all know that Brad and Smed have a long history.  SOE is going to end up being both the publisher and investor/funder of this game if by some miracle it should manage to hit the 800k mark.

• UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339
    That certainly is an interesting conspiracy theory. 
  • Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Already paid. Yes I got burned on Vanguard launch, but between EQ and Vanguard, the man knows how to tell a story. Hopefully this time around he'll leave the business aspect of the company to someone more qualified and stick to what he knows....namely making a challenging, fun game, that has a great story and requires players to co-operate. Despite my frustration with the lack of soloability in EQ, I do miss working with others.  The MMO's of today are really just single player games with the odd multiplayer quest for phat lewt! Gets really boring, really quick! Bring it on Brad, lets have a look!

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Well, I did it, backed my first kickstarter, I hope it works out.  If it doesn't I promise, you will not see me on here crying about it, because I know their are no guarantees.

I loved EQ and VG, so hopefully we can get another great mmo.

• jagd241jagd241 Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by Ceythos

Wow a dev.  :p

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404

Sounds interesting but I am kind of wary of kickstarter and all the pledge 500$ and receive XYZ. 

Dunno but all those pledge "rewards" feel wrong to me and I am not talking about one game in particular but the whole concept in general.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• jagd241jagd241 Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by Asm0deus

Sounds interesting but I am kind of wary of kickstarter and all the pledge 500$ and receive XYZ. 

Dunno but all those pledge "rewards" feel wrong to me and I am not talking about one game in particular but the whole concept in general.

I just got the $45 Alpha entry + digital copy.  Cheap!  $500 is too much for me too man :D  Alpha entries tier is almost gone though.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476

so i want to donate to either shroud or this, and it would be a good deal of money but ia m not sure and i am not wiling to donate to both as I will only want to invest in one both financially, mentally and time usage. 

so i guess the question is what sets them apart?

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by Hellidol

so i want to donate to either shroud or this, and it would be a good deal of money but ia m not sure and i am not wiling to donate to both as I will only want to invest in one both financially, mentally and time usage. 

I was really interested in shroud, but it wasn't UO enough for me personally (not talking about pvp, just play style), I do wish them the best though.

Shroud is closer to release I think, but it all depends on what you want to do, and what you like. 

I think what will make it easy for me is player housing, I think that is a must in a MMO.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

If it actually is a "good deal of money" don't take some forum posters sales pitch. Fans can sometimes be worse than kickstarter devs for posting bulllshit about these games. You're always better to read up on each game as much as you can before you trust your money to any of them.

You'll probably find your question answers itself the more you read about them. The one you end up thinking about the most is probably the one you're most interested in.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    I've been praying for an updated EQ since 2004.  EQ and VG are my two favorite MMO's.  Someone else mentioned in the thread if this game fails to get funded, we won't be seeing any traditional MMO's in the future.  I fully agree and have backed the project.  If this turns out to be successful maybe other devs will take inspiration from the game and have the confidence to develop other MMO's tailored for a specfic player base.
    Originally posted by DamonVile

If it actually is a "good deal of money" don't take some forum posters sales pitch. Fans can sometimes be worse than kickstarter devs for posting bulllshit about these games. You're always better to read up on each game as much as you can before you trust your money to any of them.

You'll probably find your question answers itself the more you read about them. The one you end up thinking about the most is probably the one you're most interested in.

I would not just go off of what people say here but it is one of my factors, getting a  different angle of things is always important when doing this type of research. The few things I have consider are the people making the game and the game type. There are many other factors but i wont go into detail.

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776
    Originally posted by UOlover
    That certainly is an interesting conspiracy theory. 

C'mon, we all know that Brad needed Smed's help to get Vanguard: Saga of Bad Code released, and it will be the same for this game.

I have a Vanguard collector's edition gathering dust on my shelf as a reminder of Brad's last attempt at 'crowd-funding' an MMO.  Brad should make a free Pledge Level for those of us that bought the CE, maybe call it Once Bitten, Twice Shy.

• yilayila Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Maquiame
    Originally posted by Maquiame

I believe that Brad is asking for way to much as far as a kickstarter. I mean seriously

These are extremely high cost goals in comparison to other companies who've asked for significantly less while producing a similar amount of features in return. Seriously if we don't reach these goals could you all imagine how empty this game would be?

No housing

No crafting

No PvP

No UI mod functionality

Fewer armor and weapons

1-3 Fewer Zones "Adventure, Sky, and water"

1-4 Fewer races "Gnome, Halfling, Elemental, and Reptile"

1-4 Fewer classes "Ranger, Druid, Monk, and Bard"

If you don't meet the extremely high goals it seems you'll get very little returns for your investment. 

The big picture returns out weigh any of these. I invested due to wanting to see more of these types of games being developed. Its not about Brad in  the long run, its about the industry recognizing that our playerbase is viable and start making more of these types of games.

I'm sure that is easy to understand.

I think you've missed the big picture, it's about the game possibly missing so much content unless we make enough to meet these  outlandishly high price requirements.

So lets hear your better investment. I'd love to know what mmo you would suggest is a better one.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/therepopulation/the-repopulation-a-sandbox-mmorpg

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

In a quick couple minutes these two come to mind. You're getting much more for your returns.

Guys don't get caught up in the stretch goals.  If this game meets their 800k goal,  it will show private investors that their is a market for this game and funding will work its way out.  focus on reaching the 800k and they should have no problems reaching their stretch goals :)

Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

I pledged $45!

2017, hell I'm only turning 47 then. What's another 3-4 years. hehehe

Exactly

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• ConvoConvo Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by DMKano

I only support games that have playable alphas, I have to be able to try it out immediately after I pledge.

Without any kind of playable anything - no cash from me, it's just pure hype IMO.

Alpha going to cost a lot more $$ when you try to get in later.. $45 for the game and alpha is nothing but to each their own.. We got to get this thing funded first before an alpha can happen.

• cmorris975cmorris975 Member UncommonPosts: 207
    I finally put my money where my mouth is and funded this with $45.  Good luck Brad, make an awesome game!
  • CarreraCarrera Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by Wellspring

^^^ apparently, some people don't quite get it. And that's fine, unlike other MMO's, Pantheon isn't trying to target everyone.

Those who have experience EQ1 and VG, know what Brad is capable of, and what the possibilities are with him at the helm of another MMO.

Anyone who has played on an EQ1 progression server knows there is still a huge demand for the way MMOs used to be.

You took the words right out of my mouth. 

• ConvoConvo Member UncommonPosts: 160
    The plan is to to add all that stuff post launch if it doesn't hit those strech goals so the content will be there it just might not be in right away.. Also there will be 50 levels worth of content in at launch even tho they will probably only have 20 levels.. So plenty of content in right away.

Lets continue to get the word out, come one folks! Put your money where your mouth is. If you are tired of small worlds,rush to endgame, content locusts, getting to max level in a month, dumbed down everything invest in this game and get the word out on other sites and to your friends! 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen

Lets show that there is a market still for TRUE mmo RPG's! Especially on the PC! And lets show that fantasy rpgs need their EvE as well!

• jons000jons000 Member Posts: 13

I finally made my first Kickstarter pledge today.  $45 to show my support of a game that sounds like the type of niche game I've been dying to see.. Sign me up! If this doesn't materialize then we know that pre-POP Everquest days will never reemerge. But I want to at least do my part to give Brad and Co. a shot to show investors that this can be successful.

I have kept a close eye on several KS campaigns and this has very realistic awards for it's pledges.  Keeping everything digital is genius.  Money can also stay focused on digital content which benefits players far more than a fancy box.  Also the Stretch Goals aren't, "We either hit it or it's not there." It is goal to make sure it is there at launch without worrying about the whims of large investors.

Those who have concerns over Brad's past transgressions have every right to do so, but remember we are all human and we all err from time to time.  The guy makes a great game and if he's sticks to that while letting other guys more experienced in management run the management end of things then we have the makings of a game that I hear many of us yearn for all the time on these and other forums.  Everyone deserves another chance and this game is that chance for Brad.  If the supporters of this game are wrong about him then it's a shame, but we still have shown the industry that we want something different than the cookie-cutter garbage that has been produced so often before this.

At the end of the day I am proud to support the genre that I used to enjoy and that I want to enjoy again.  Hopefully goals will be achieved and exceeded.  It would absolutely be a huge eye opener for the industry.  Good luck!