Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online

mohleradmohlerad Member Posts: 1
So recently, it has come to my attention that the developers for Elder Scrolls Online are considering allowing players to have a playable Daedra race. Currently,  Zenimax has only released nine races in which are playable for the game. While nine seems like a good number, I am sure that there are a number of Elder Scrolls fans who have always wondered about the myth/ lore of the terrifying planes of Oblivion. One could say that the books go far enough to describe the lore, but if given the chance to experience the life/quests/powers/etc. of the Daedra first hand wouldn't you ? Haven't you always wondered what the different Daedric princes look like? Maybe cause a little mischief in the world of the other empires? Not to mention all the cool missions and potential for PvP. Personally, I think playing as a Daedra should be something you unlock after reaching the level cap (because let's face it, everyone would choose this race), but I think this would be an amazing addition to the game. What do you think ?

Comments

• FerritinCROFerritinCRO Member Posts: 9
    i would like to
  • MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I think it could work in pvp, u could pick them as a faction or something. But pve i doubt it, but who knows:)
  • logan9alogan9a Member Posts: 3
    Interesting OP.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

it doesn't  make a lot of sense based on the faction system.  If they did it like SWG did with Jedi originally where you had to earn the race (and not just level cap because everyone will get there in two months)  and you could be killed any time and it was a permanent death then sure.  Maybe as a "beast race" or monster race like LOTRO does.

How would you make that race work at first level. . would they not be a little powerful. . would you have a daedra cleric?  How would it fit into the class system.  It would have to be its own entity race/class etc.  Not a fan of the idea. . some things should be left to NPCs..next we will have players as dragonborn or dragons.  Nah. . stick with the classic.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

OP, if this was a TES game I would say yes. However since this is a DaoC game with the TES name...no.

The game is not open ended and is locked into a small design box allowing for little movement thanks to race/faction locks. How would they implement it? Give all factions the race? What about the lore? Not that lore actually matters in this game seeing as how its being twisted to fit the DaoC format anyway but still...how far can they go to twist the IP before trashing it enough where they push out those already on the edge of not playing it at all?

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by jtcgs

OP, if this was a TES game I would say yes. However since this is a DaoC game with the TES name...no.

The game is not open ended and is locked into a small design box allowing for little movement thanks to race/faction locks. How would they implement it? Give all factions the race? What about the lore? Not that lore actually matters in this game seeing as how its being twisted to fit the DaoC format anyway but still...how far can they go to twist the IP before trashing it enough where they push out those already on the edge of not playing it at all?

You haven't paid much attention to the lore books in the single player games if you think it requires twisting to build a three faction conflict.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by Mpfive
    I think it could work in pvp, u could pick them as a faction or something. But pve i doubt it, but who knows:)

I have the same doubts about pve

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)