Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of Content would you like to see as an Expansion in ESO as an ES fan?

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

I'm curious what kind of Expansions this game will have for its future.    So looking forward to all the ideas ahead for types of expansions and content you would like to see in this game from an Elder Scrolls viewpoint.

Would you like to see an Empire City zone that's part of a future Elder scrolls timeline.   Would you like to see them put in a future SKYRIM that is the actual  Dragon Born Timeline  that overlaps these current zones?    How about a NEW continent, any ideas of what another continent would look like?     Perhaps Secunda and Masser in the Nirn SKY as a RAID area?     More Daedric Princes Areas and storylines?    Where you get to Raid Each Daedric Prince at the end of them?

The amount of ideas is limitless,  try to put in a timeline or lore or zone or housing,  or even MODS that you would like to see as an expansion!    I think mine would have to be a Future Cyrodiil after the war, and having housing in it, being able to see the streets below from your balcony and a fully functioning city with the new emperor after the war.

Don't know the lore of ES games?  START HERE!  http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Lore  a good Keyword to start on is "Nirn"

Comments

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

Maybe underwater areas to explore where you need water breathing potions or be a argonian or you drown (heavy DoT) after a while

Housing would be cool even if it was just a instanced room in one of the main cities of the game.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Cougan

Maybe underwater areas to explore where you need water breathing potions or be a argonian or you drown (heavy DoT) after a while

Housing would be cool even if it was just a instanced room in one of the main cities of the game.

I agree. I would also like to see them add some random events to the world that are not quest based and make it feel more alive to supplemental the fantastic PVE questing you already have.

There Is Always Hope!

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by keithian

I agree. I would also like to see them add some random events to the world that are not quest based and make it feel more alive to supplemental the fantastic PVE questing you already have.

They seem to have this in here already.   If you look at this video here, at minute 6:07    you can see that you come up to a village and an event is already happening, so randomized events will be in the game.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/videos/411 minute 6:07  shows you the types of random events you will encounter.   This was an early video, so you can bet there is probably a TON more of these they put in,  SKYRIM had these a lot when you would walk through the wilds and some person would come up to you and talk when you neared a point of instrest, or when a dragon would swoop out of nowhere.   All random events that will be in ESO.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by fistorm

They seem to have this in here already.   If you look at this video here, at minute 6:07    you can see that you come up to a village and an event is already happening, so randomized events will be in the game.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/videos/411 minute 6:07  shows you the types of random events you will encounter.   This was an early video, so you can bet there is probably a TON more of these they put in,  SKYRIM had these a lot when you would walk through the wilds and some person would come up to you and talk when you neared a point of instrest, or when a dragon would swoop out of nowhere.   All random events that will be in ESO.

Why would you assume that is random and that it doesn't just happen to everyone as they approach the village for the first time?

I haven't seen any information about any kind of randomly occurring or dynamic events. other than the PvP stuff.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I would definitely not like any cameo appearances from the other games just to have cameos, no thanks.

A good expansion always builds inward as much as it builds outward imo. So by that I mean making the combat and general experience better or actually changing the existing game world over the course of the expansion.

Aside from that, Daedric planes do seem like a good idea. Except some of them have been quite boring in previous TES games.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Aside from that, Daedric planes do seem like a good idea. Except some of them have been quite boring in previous TES games.

A beta walkthrough somewhere explained there were already Daedric/Oblivion planes in the game. You even start in one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJOPoXUiko

Edit: It's on this very site, Crow's Wood. It's like a Public Dungeon.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    The continent of Akavir and the Akaviri, of course!

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Vannor

Why would you assume that is random and that it doesn't just happen to everyone as they approach the village for the first time?

I haven't seen any information about any kind of randomly occurring or dynamic events. other than the PvP stuff.

Then you haven't been paying attention at all.  They already announced there will be RIFT-esque dynamic events where Molag Bol(sp?) will drop his 'dark anchors' down in an attempt to pull the mortal world into his daedric plane.  I'm not sure how similar it is to the RIFT system after that, but it is definitely in the game.  Not much is known about server wide events though, as far as I know.

Originally posted by DAS1337

Then you haven't been paying attention at all.  They already announced there will be RIFT-esque dynamic events where Molag Bol(sp?) will drop his 'dark anchors' down in an attempt to pull the mortal world into his daedric plane.  I'm not sure how similar it is to the RIFT system after that, but it is definitely in the game.  Not much is known about server wide events though, as far as I know.

Actually, they haven't said whether or not the Molag Bol events are random, scripted or dynamic. They haven't even said if they will be reoccurring.. like they might only happen a single time during certain quests, once the quest is completed your character might not see them in that place again.

EDIT: I'm wrong according to the wiki: Dark Anchors

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

A beta walkthrough somewhere explained there were already Daedric/Oblivion planes in the game. You even start in one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJOPoXUiko

Edit: It's on this very site, Crow's Wood. It's like a Public Dungeon.

Yes I know :D

But aside from that, I mean if they wonna put in complete new expansion zones, they could do it in one of those planes. Except that some of those zones were not that great in previous games, like the Soul Cairn for example (boring as hell imo).

Perhaps it would be interesting to explore some locations outside Tamriel that have never been touched on, like Thras and the Sload or Akavir.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Wouldn't mind having oblivion gates in 50+ and 50++ zones as dynamic events :3

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Housing, done the EQ2 way
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Bloodaxes
    Wouldn't mind having oblivion gates in 50+ and 50++ zones as dynamic events :3

Not only that.. Including invasions...

and 50 +++ zones coop zones the same for all 3 factions where players have choice of a PvE, faction PvP, ffa PvP versions... With many dynamic events, where players could join both or all sides of these evnets... But all in all the zones should still be quest/ story driven..

and many many more important factions added, with new skilltrees...   Not only those allready announced to be added but also

- necromancy

- divine trees

- mellee fighting styles

and many many more...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SoulTrapOnSelfSoulTrapOnSelf Member Posts: 190

I would like Zenimax to add content in Black Marsh and unlock other areas not available at launch, let players select any race regardless of faction and add more hair options (the ones that move specifically), and be able to summon ghosts and skeletons a la Morrowind.

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208

Personally I dont really want new timelines or anything, I like if everything is kept cohesive.

What I would like is new kinds of skill lines and maybe also classes. Could also be like advanced classes, where you can evolve your primary class into a more advanced class, with a new skill line based on your choice.

I would of course also like new areas to explore.

More adventure zones.

More dungeons.

More reasons/system to incentivize exploration

More ways to progress my character

Maybe some kind of guild vs guild warfare, in more limited areas. Think Sieges in AoC, only working and perhaps with more things going on around it. Not sure if this is needed/usefull, given the whole Cyrodil thing going on, might satisfy the needs for this kind of gameplay.

More weapon types.

More mount variants

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    An open world faction based PvP server where every zone but the starter areas of the game are contested.   That would be a good start.
  • RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by rodarin

LOL game isnt even released yet and people want to know abut expansions and what they might have.

But then again that is the number one thing peopl eare saying is 'best' about ESO..."Future content".

You know a game doesnt have a lot going for it at release when these things are already being put out there.

Please provide evidence for future content being the number one thing people are saying about the game.. Its mentioned as a possible benefit to the game being p2p, but we will have to see if they deliver on it. 

the rest is just pure trolling, this is a internet forum, of course people will discuss various things related to the game, including how they will handle post launch.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by Rhazmuz
    Originally posted by rodarin

LOL game isnt even released yet and people want to know abut expansions and what they might have.

But then again that is the number one thing peopl eare saying is 'best' about ESO..."Future content".

You know a game doesnt have a lot going for it at release when these things are already being put out there.

Please provide evidence for future content being the number one thing people are saying about the game.. Its mentioned as a possible benefit to the game being p2p, but we will have to see if they deliver on it. 

the rest is just pure trolling, this is a internet forum, of course people will discuss various things related to the game, including how they will handle post launch.

Actually one of those stupid "10 ten best things" columns had future content as the number thing about ESO. As did some poll at one of the fan sites. Plus it is also a focuc on more than one of the developers logs as well as their 'ask us anything' video blogs.

And how many topics here about it? At least 2 on the front page and active right now. Not to mention the ones that have slipped by.

Basicvally more people are tlaking abut what is coming after the game is released than what it has AT release. 

The only thing theyre talking about now is PvP. At least 'officially'.

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by SoulTrapOnSelf

I would like Zenimax to add content in Black Marsh and unlock other areas not available at launch, let players select any race regardless of faction and add more hair options (the ones that move specifically), and be able to summon ghosts and skeletons a la Morrowind.

Well setting aside the cross faction thing (maybe too hot a topic with some people).  I like those ideas, I hope the include a lot of customization options for Argonians and Khajit.  Sometimes they get a little hosed in some games... or maybe I just wasn't feeling any of the options that I had in the previous games when I did make one or the other..

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I would definitely not like any cameo appearances from the other games just to have cameos, no thanks.

but they have to add M'aiq the Liar! He's been in the game since Morrowind!

As far as what I'd like them to add? new areas with elaborate dungeons to explore. Or just dungeons/mines/caves to explore whose only existence wasn't because of some quest.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    The wood elf homeland. I heard they live in treehouses. It would be cool to travel between vast networks of tall trees.

Oblivion gates.

More Akaviri.

Ayleid ruins and or dungeon.

Dragon taming?

Chocobos?

I think that's it... maybe...
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Sovrath

but they have to add M'aiq the Liar! He's been in the game since Morrowind!

As far as what I'd like them to add? new areas with elaborate dungeons to explore. Or just dungeons/mines/caves to explore whose only existence wasn't because of some quest. 

Other than the various Daedric Princes, there aren't a lot of characters who possibly could do cameos, unless the game includes either time travel to the future, or time travelers from the future.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

dark brotherhood and thieves guild for sure. i would also like to see dragons in the game at some point.

dragons in cyrodiil dive bombing large raids during a siege would be epic IMO.

A lot of people mentioning Dragons...

If there were Dragons in ESO wouldn't it totally ruin the lore set in Skyrim? They were killed off by the Akaviri and resurrected by Alduin in Skyrim. There were very few living Dragons at the time ESO takes place, something like 4 of them. Of course, Oblivion planes are another matter.. but they wouldn't really be dragons if they existed on a plane..

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

As a TES fan I would like to see the following in an expansion:

1.  A defection quest and the option to be neutral in the war and travel anywhere but Cyrodiil.

2.  Actual real-time combat with CD and Friendly-Fire (say, a hardcore version of Cyro Campaigns with FF on).

3.  Crossbows.

4.  Spears.

5.  Cloaks.

6. Mounts that are treated more like pets, not just travel objects that disappear when you're not on them.

7. Vvardenfell.

8. More Black marsh.

9. More Elsweyr.

10. Mainland Summerset.

11. Bard system like LOTRO.

12. Option to flag yourself for OPvP in PvE areas (dependent on #1).

13.  Robust crime and punishment system with player bounties.  This will likely be coming with the Thieves Guild.

14.  Dueling.

15.  An Arena (not like WoW, like TES).

16. Underwater swimming /exploration (NOT underwater questing)