Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Theme Park that isn't WoW or Rift

popezaphodpopezaphod Member UncommonPosts: 58

I am eagerly anticipating Wildstar, but for now I find myself jonesing for some MMO goodness.  I like theme park MMOs, despise PvP and looking for F2P but could be persuaded to pay for one.  

I played WoW back in the day from Open Beta through BC and then came back for some WotLK and left before Cata.  I have no desire to play Pokemon Pandas.

I played Rift for quite some time and enjoyed it, but I got burned out by it and am not interested in trying it again.

I played TERA Rising and, while I enjoyed the gameplay, the endgame was pathetic and easy.

I have also tried DCUO, SWTOR, LOTRO and Neverwinter and wasn't thrilled with them.

I really want to find a game to pass the time that has a decent population; there's no point in playing an MMO if there's no one to run dungeons/instances with until I hit level cap.

So, am I asking for the impossible?

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Since you are waiting on WildStar, nothing will help you.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    AoC Crom server.
  • RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    If you don't like WoW or Rift, you most likely won't like Wildstar.  It seems to be WoW 2.0 from what I am hearing.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• popezaphodpopezaphod Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Originally posted by Raventree
    If you don't like WoW or Rift, you most likely won't like Wildstar.  It seems to be WoW 2.0 from what I am hearing.

No, I loved WoW back in the day, and Rift was very good.  I'm just burned out on Rift and don't like what they've done to WoW.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Perfect World is a Chinese-fantasy-flavored f2p WoW-clone.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    I'm scratching my theme park itch with FFXIV at the moment and its solid.