Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is end game for YOU?

Comments

• blacksun23blacksun23 Member Posts: 6
    New content, but not necessarily a whole new set of dungeons to farm or higher tier gear to grind(which I'm not a fan of). New zones or areas to explore would be nice, incredibly huge ones to give oneself a renewed sense of adventure as the one when you were getting to cap. I guess a higher lvl cap may accompany it, if they do release a new set of gear to aim for I hope it won't be hellish to grind or just a higher level cap can suffice by way of just upping the required level of  the current end gear.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    PvP is the easiest way to give a MMO solid end game content. That and raids are all you need before the next expansion.
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

My concept of a strong endgame is about player influence and the ability to shape the world. Be it through PvP and political dominance, crafting unique and customizable gear that people will want, building and shaping a home/castle, creating content like quests and dungeons, and so on.

I guess something like EvE is the closest, so it's too bad I can't stand the basic gameplay and the absolutely dreary nature of being all alone in a spaceship with point and click controls.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

end game is...euh....the end of the game, time to quit.

I enjoy the journey of what others just call getting to max lvl.

THAT is my whole game......the journey to the end.

In UO back in the days......it was my virtual life and had nothing to do with lvling or pvp or raiding.

i just want fishing or gathering herbs or shopping or whatever i damn felt like doing.

mmo(rpg's) are realy different these days.....

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359

End game is when I stop playing.

if I wanted endless, pointless PVP I play a dedicated PVP game where skill matters.

I don't see the point in a gear treadmill.

the only games I play where I have reached max level and continue playing are those that have RP because that is engaging me  on another level other then progression.

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004

Endgame to me is try to conquer the world or become famous in the server.

Honestly I think conquering the world sounds easier to do. image

Ah, but OT I don't think I have a singular goal for "endgame". I just go until there's nothing left to do and I get bored. Problem is that seems to happen a lot quicker than it should.  /shrug

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Endgame for me is anything without the word RAID in it; or in the case of 99% of theme parks, time to quit and move on.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    End-game to me is player-driven content, e.g., player cities, territory / resource control etc.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Originally posted by Dauzqul
    End-game to me is player-driven content, e.g., player cities, territory / resource control etc.

Ditto this.

I would add that end game is evolution.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

I guess it depends on what you are looking for and the design of the game.  Some people like to grind a dungeon or two repeatedly (not me).  Some people like to have no levels and just have a world that mimics the real world.  Others might like a PvE experience in the mold of dungeons and dragons (which does have an end game). 

I prefer the journey to the raid, but only if the journey is has challenges like exploring to find places and quests with no GPS.  For this reason I don't mind to much if it takes a long time to level up, but I don't really mind a skill system like Ultima Online either.

I don't find the leveling process/journey enough of a challenge to be interested in it these days.  It's not just that you level fast, but there isn't much thinking required.  You just follow a GPS from place to place and defeat easy mobs for a reward.  In Everquest I had to figure out what classes could be effective in a solo capacity, what mobs were safe to fight solo, and how to break up groups of mobs.  This is probably a dead horse, but you also had to learn to coexist with others in the game.  Something you don't have to do now.

• Originally posted by Dauzqul

Originally posted by DKLond

My concept of a strong endgame is about player influence and the ability to shape the world. Be it through PvP and political dominance, crafting unique and customizable gear that people will want, building and shaping a home/castle, creating content like quests and dungeons, and so on.

I guess something like EvE is the closest, so it's too bad I can't stand the basic gameplay and the absolutely dreary nature of being all alone in a spaceship with point and click controls.

But think about it for a second.  Why should I wait around for these.  Either these are part of the game or they aren't.  I am not criticsizing you features lists.

But I would seriously seriously urge you to consider that any "feature" that only appears during "end game" is a cop-out by the devs to give you half-ass shit.

Either its part of the game design or it is not.  Accept no less.

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

What is end game to me? 

Start leveling another alt I guess... :)

Seriously end game is about knowing the world and the game, helping new players, grinding, crafting stuff, building house, helping my guild, building guild city, improving my main in small incremental steps and of course

LEVELING ALTS

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    as soon as the uninstall is finished that's end game :)

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    I dont play games with "endgame"
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Build castles open world pvp sieges.

open world territory control

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    To be the only player left when the game shuts down.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I like exploration, gear and skill progression and PvP.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by plat0nic
    as soon as the uninstall is finished that's end game :)

Were you cryogenically frozen? You changed your name since you started posting this weekend after 11 years. I am curious....Jail? Secret Agent?  Fathers account? What's the deal? I am curious...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I'm not suggesting you should wait around for dynamically conquerable content, etc... merely suggesting that at some point the game becomes focused on what cohesive sets of other players are doing, which continuously evolves. I consider this to be "end game" as I've experienced it (this is not so much true of "WoW clones" or what have you).

In fact, the game I play the most *has no level cap*. That magic point at which dynamically shifting group objectives become available happens very early on, and these objectives grow gradually more focused on an individual basis as time passes in a player's career.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Endgame = moving on to another game, which happens whenever a game is no longer fun for me.

That's pretty much what I do now it seems. I'd like to have something other than grind gear or do dailies....someone just needs to be a bit more creative than the current devs have been I guess.

Yes you do. Play a new game. That is what i do.

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

Endgame for me?  Raid / PVP, no... never.

• Roll an alt, learn a different class
    • Max out a crafting
    • Help friends level
    • Go exploring

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

when i reach endgame i move on to the next game because that one literally ended. I am not grinding points for higher tier gear. I play to move the story forward, not to grind the next piece of gear. If only that "endgame" gear grind was actually tied to exploration and crafting instead of mindlessly repeating dungeons/raids for currency points and random loots.

Also, i love rolling many alts but i expect then to start at a different location and quest at different leveling zones so i dont do the same thing again. If thats not the case then i jump to the next game without rolling alts.

• LeonardoMystLeonardoMyst Member UncommonPosts: 11

Endgame for me would be my character dying a perma death,

I don't concern myself with endgame content as I think it ruins MMOs.

• AratakiArataki Member UncommonPosts: 239

I prefer the raiding style of endgame. Perhaps I am an oddity on this site. I like banging my head against a pixel wall with other folks trying to defeat the latest tier of raiding. I like min maxing my character and being someone my raid leader brags about to other guilds. I like being on the raid leader  boards.

I am not interested in fluff. Pets or mounts of whatever. I usually end up getting quite a few of them anyway. FFXIV gets massive props from me for being the ONLY MMO I have ever maxed out a crafting skill in and I wasn't bored doing it either. Kudos to SE.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

End game to me should be unattainable in an MMORPG.

I should never be able to complete everything.  I should always be able to make my character better in some way otherwise the game was poorly designed.  (Which most are).