Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] WildStar: Latest Beta Patch Brings Chua Changes & Female Breast Reduction

Comments

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    I enjoyed the article, but I'm confused about something. Where did Carbine publicly publish these patch notes? Seems that the content discussed here is outside of the Level 1-15 NDA embargo. I wasn't aware that press was allowed to post content from the beta forums, unless I'm mistaken. While breast reduction and chua changes are apparent within the level 1-15 levels, the info here seems to be far beyond what would be observed by simply logging in and playing. I guess what I'm getting at is this: are all press sites allowed to talk about unpublished beta patch notes or did MMORPG receive special permission? Just wondering.

Was wondering the same thing.  Been searching for these latest patch notes myself and can't seem to find anything.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    I enjoyed the article, but I'm confused about something. Where did Carbine publicly publish these patch notes? Seems that the content discussed here is outside of the Level 1-15 NDA embargo. I wasn't aware that press was allowed to post content from the beta forums, unless I'm mistaken. While breast reduction and chua changes are apparent within the level 1-15 levels, the info here seems to be far beyond what would be observed by simply logging in and playing. I guess what I'm getting at is this: are all press sites allowed to talk about unpublished beta patch notes or did MMORPG receive special permission? Just wondering.

Yep, MMORPG.com got permission to write about the patch notes.

Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.
  • TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Well if they wanted to make their female models be less attractive, thats probably the best way to do it.
  • SunnymashSunnymash Member Posts: 13
    Well I'm glad my post was funny and at least it made some people laugh, I'm sorry though,  because it was not a joke.

I am honestly disappointed by the way things turned out.

I was eagerly waiting for some sort of options like http://oi41.tinypic.com/1t6mjd.jpg
    And I liked the old models better, there I said it. And that is what I wanted to play for years.
    No shamming can change  that.

I'm disappointed at how Carbine acted, suddenly removing them without a warning. Not telling the fans if and when we can expect  some sort of customization, or if that customization will give us access to the original designs.

And I've also been reading reports that CM's in the official forums are being quite aggressive with the posters that have voiced  similar opinions in favor of options or the older models.
    That's quite sad to hear and it offends me as a fan  that has been loyal and skipped other MMO's  waiting for WildStar because Carbine always said that Devs are listening and now it does not seem like they are listening to us at all.

I don't want to play an MMO if the developers are going to treat the players that way.
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by darkthund3r

Some people apparently like huge silicone-enhanced breasts. I for one do not, as do many others. And i'm a 100% heterosexual male, thank you very much.

And FYI to all you "smaller breast haters": Body sliders may eventually become a post-launch feature. If you decide not to buy the game because of "too small breasts", you won't be missed.

I love how people qualify that with 100%, like you can be 93.8% straight or something?!

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Originally posted by Sunnymash
    Well I'm glad my post was funny and at least it made some people laugh, I'm sorry though,  because it was not a joke.

I was eagerly waiting for some sort of options like http://oi41.tinypic.com/1t6mjd.jpg
    And I liked the old models better, there I said it. And that is what I wanted to play for years.

I'm disappointed at how Carbine acted, suddenly removing them without a warning. Not telling the fans if and when we can expect  some sort of customization, or if that customization will give us access to the original designs.

And I've also been reading reports that CM's in the official forums are being quite aggressive with the posters that have voiced  similar opinions in favor of options or the older models.
    That's quite sad to hear and it offends me as a fan  that has been loyal and skipped other MMO's  waiting for WildStar because Carbine always said that Devs are listening and now it does not seem like they are listening to us at all.

I don't want to play an MMO if the developers are going to treat the players that way.

NO NEED TO BE ALARMED CITIZEN! I ASSURE YOU THAT THE BREASTS ARE STILL OF GLORIOUS SIZE AND ALL IS WELL IN THE UNIVERSE!

With that said. If this is your reason, allow me to introduce you to something called Google. There you will find what you are looking for.

• KirinRahlKirinRahl Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    Originally posted by darkthund3r

Some people apparently like huge silicone-enhanced breasts. I for one do not, as do many others. And i'm a 100% heterosexual male, thank you very much.

And FYI to all you "smaller breast haters": Body sliders may eventually become a post-launch feature. If you decide not to buy the game because of "too small breasts", you won't be missed.

I love how people qualify that with 100%, like you can be 93.8% straight or something?!

I'm about 86.5% straight, myself.

To wit: I almost universally have an unusually large armored lady somewhere on my account.  Brienne of Tarth is super cool and being totally unable to have a relatively sizable, not-hugely-attractive girl rolling around in eighty pounds of armor is a thing that I find unfortunate.

I'd like for you guys to be able to have your matchsticks-and-melons also, if that's what floats your boat, but tank girls are adorable and I like playing 'em.

• jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    I think the breast size things is kind of strange.  When I played during the stress test, I thought they were more on the realistic side of things(for a cartoon) already if anything I thought they could be a little bigger.  I don't suppose it is a big deal, but I am curious what brought on the change.  
    Originally posted by Bruhza

NO NEED TO BE ALARMED CITIZEN! I ASSURE YOU THAT THE BREASTS ARE STILL OF GLORIOUS SIZE AND ALL IS WELL IN THE UNIVERSE!

With that said. If this is your reason, allow me to introduce you to something called Google. There you will find what you are looking for.

That's not enough.

I want the old ones. I feel cheated otherwise.

That's not enough.

If google isn't enough. I've got nothing.

I would recommend only to play with a microwave. They are loads of fun. I however wouldn't recommend climbing inside.

• AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

That's not enough.

I would recommend only to play with a microwave. They are loads of fun. I however wouldn't recommend climbing inside.

It's not a microwave, it's a Science Oven.

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

I find the breast reduction decision to be out of place with the art style of the characters.

So much of the character art is hugely exaggerated, from the massive muscular granite Granok , to the super skinny and nimble bunny-eared Aurin, that the breast reduction fiasco just leaves us with a visibly awkward attempt at being politically correct in a very single, very specific portion of the artwork. Why not tone down the broadness of the shoulders or muscles of some of the men? Why not prevent characters from picking a skinny body type, in case that also is looked upon negatively by a vocal minority? Some of the female characters walk too gracefully or too provocatively. Should the animations be redone? Voice acting?

I can easily see a lot of people wanting to boycott the game for this decision - not because the boobs are smaller, but because Carbine Studios tore out a piece of their original artistic vision to please a vocal minority, and after having done it once, can continue to do so again. Will we see characters with more weight? Men with less muscles? When does it stop after you've made the first "nerf" to your fictional world to bring it closer in line with reality?

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Boobies nerfed, due to whining of the itty bitty titty committee.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Yeah, ok. I hope this game finds its audience and entertains the for the next 20 years.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by Denambren

I find the breast reduction decision to be out of place with the art style of the characters.

So much of the character art is hugely exaggerated, from the massive muscular granite Granok , to the super skinny and nimble bunny-eared Aurin, that the breast reduction fiasco just leaves us with a visibly awkward attempt at being politically correct in a very single, very specific portion of the artwork. Why not tone down the broadness of the shoulders or muscles of some of the men? Why not prevent characters from picking a skinny body type, in case that also is looked upon negatively by a vocal minority? Some of the female characters walk too gracefully or too provocatively. Should the animations be redone? Voice acting?

I can easily see a lot of people wanting to boycott the game for this decision - not because the boobs are smaller, but because Carbine Studios tore out a piece of their original artistic vision to please a vocal minority, and after having done it once, can continue to do so again. Will we see characters with more weight? Men with less muscles? When does it stop after you've made the first "nerf" to your fictional world to bring it closer in line with reality?

They could have delivered a few different body options for each sex and race that were fitting the the overall art style and felt right.

The new models are not polished, gear does not look well and they don't look right in motion because they didn't change  everything about them, they just reduced the breasts. So that threw them out of balance.

Body options is what they had promised before but now it is unclear if the game would ever really get them.  They compromised and delivered  rushed unpolished results.

It's just so disappointing to see this from Carbine. It was a rushed overreaction and not a well done move.

Now they are being mean to the fans, locking up threads and banning anyone that didn't like the new models in the official forums. They are not letting people express their desire for options either. I swear I'm having Starwars flashbacks from this.

There's still time to set this right if they are honest and put some effort into it.

Originally posted by Andraxx

That's not enough.

....This...This changes everything for me. I know how I'm spending this weekend though.

--

On another note. As a new "Active" poster to MMORPG I am honestly suprised by what people are "Offended" by and what they feel is a "Game Breaker". I am all for logical conversations and reasoning ( The post by Denambren uses some reasoning anyways and I can agree with certain parts), but this is almost joke worthy.

The only thing I can come up with to this is that they have already been looking for reasons for a game to "fail" and that it wasn't high on their list to begin with, thus taking the opportunity to take their "shot" at the mmo. Gaming takes up most of my free time and it pains me to say this, but if breast size is your biggest concern. You REALLY need to go outside.

This is an mmo and more than likely it was already in the developers minds to change this. I find it very difficult to believe that it was only a very small minority. As for armor sizes not "Fitting" the breasts. It can be changed and probably will be if they decide to keep this.

TL:DR - It's beta, they can change things to see how they work out without guaranteeing the change to be in the release. Be happy they are this open with information before the NDA is even up.

Originally posted by Andraxx

That's not enough.

....This...This changes everything for me. I know how I'm spending this weekend though.

--

On another note. As a new "Active" poster to MMORPG I am honestly suprised by what people are "Offended" by and what they feel is a "Game Breaker". I am all for logical conversations and reasoning ( The post by Denambren uses some reasoning anyways and I can agree with certain parts), but this is almost joke worthy.

The only thing I can come up with to this is that they have already been looking for reasons for a game to "fail" and that it wasn't high on their list to begin with, thus taking the opportunity to take their "shot" at the mmo. Gaming takes up most of my free time and it pains me to say this, but if breast size is your biggest concern. You REALLY need to go outside.

This is an mmo and more than likely it was already in the developers minds to change this. I find it very difficult to believe that it was only a very small minority. As for armor sizes not "Fitting" the breasts. It can be changed and probably will be if they decide to keep this.

TL:DR - It's beta, they can change things to see how they work out without guaranteeing the change to be in the release. Be happy they are this open with information before the NDA is even up.

I've heard this happened 3 days after an article online mocked the female models in the game.

They barely touched up the models, just changed the breasts, and it only affected 3 very similar races body wise, it hasn't even affected NPC's yet and gear and models were not changed with the new design. The size  values of something like the 3D breast models are something easy to change in code.

This is something  that looks like it was made in 3 days on a rush, they had never mentioned it before, it's like a reaction to the negative press but not something they had intended to do or something that the fans really wanted.

People wanted some choices for the most part.
    And Carbine is being very quiet on the matter.
    In the official forums they are now closing threads and threatening people with bans for even mentioning the issue, and they have completely changed their attitude towards community feedback very suddenly, I'm talking of civil focused feedback about the last patch.

People are just showing them how much they wanted some options and disagree with how everything was handled and they are being treated like trash. They were letting people give feedback on this matter for months before the patch and now that they got a lot of active feedback on the patch instead of engaging with it they are trying to get rid of it, and hide it all away.

The sliders had been talked about before and were also very unceremoniously dropped from the plans. The last interview says they were hard to implement but "we'll see". It doesn't go into any more details, it's just a no that tries hard to avoid sounding like a no but we can only assume that sliders won't be a thing at launch or the inmediate future.

That disregard of some opinions, the obfuscation of truth and their unwillingness the way they removed something just like that and won't give people any choice is just awful and very disappointing.
    I'm losing all faith and respect in Carbine if this is how they handle  the community when it disagrees with them or asks for something.
    Managing an MMO is harder than this and the game isn't out yet, and they are already lashing against their loyal fans.

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188

yay less choices...

If this is the crap they're focusing on - I'll keep my attention focused elsehwere

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Its a slight reduction guys, lets not get carried away, they aren't flat chested.
  • jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598

I agree.  The style is exaggerated.  If anything they already seemed somewhat small in game, but even smaller seems out of place.  What brought this on?  Why the sudden change?  Clipping or animation issues?  Feminazi nerd rage?  I am curious.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    They had to nerf that passive, since it gave way too much addition to a roll when you are raiding.  You /roll 1-100, and they give a bonus of 200 to that roll...Males don't stand a chance :P
    Originally posted by jbombard

I agree.  The style is exaggerated.  If anything they already seemed somewhat small in game, but even smaller seems out of place.  What brought this on?  Why the sudden change?  Clipping or animation issues?  Feminazi nerd rage?  I am curious.

Nobody knows for sure.

Their official version is that they wanted to do it on their own.
    But this suspiciously happened just a few days after an  opinion article gave them bad press.
    And they look very unpolished, they don't look right and gear doesn't look right  on them, they look weird compared to the male characters or the characters of other races.
    And they were closing threads and banning  people asking about it for a while in the official forums.
    There was a long thread that stoop in the forums for months asking for more size options too, but that is obviously not what they have delivered. And shortly after people began to come in floods to complain about it the thread was suddenly closed.

It's odd because people wanted options, not to have the breasts suddenly reduced. And the result isn't small, it's not an option, and it does not look good.

See for yourself, if Carbine tells us with a straight face that this is  considered a good design  that should make everyone happy they will be blatant lies.

They looked fitting with the art style before,  exaggerated but somehow they didn't stand out.
    Now they look laughable.
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/o3jbb

• JeauseoffJeauseoff Member Posts: 36

Let's make more of a mountain of this mole hill...

I'm more convinced than ever that people will justify ANYTHING to be able to complain zealously about something...

So, everything else about the game was PERFECT - but now; with this news - you may as well burn the building down and start over right?

Get some perspective people.  This is NOT an issue.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    Sigh...I liked the way they looked before -_- freaking whiners have to go and get things changed for everybody.
  • Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    As a large breasted woman I feel offended.