Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Divergence; Online) - Do you support a third indiegogo campaign? :POLL:

Comments

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by Torgir
    Your dedication to publicly humiliate the guy sure is...impressive. What's next, "Failures in the Game Industry: Ethan's Story"? In your own words: I find his crusade admirable, but just overall foolish.

Your post pisses me off.

Please logout and take a vacation.

Everything said is simply updating those interested in (D;O) at least my crusade is significantly more honorable and just, I'm not trying to be that guy- who wants to humiliate another human being. I don't have to do anything but write words, Ethan himself will do the rest, as I sit back in my chair. ;)

Don't be that asshat who makes that sort of reply, to discredit my posts. It's very disrespectful and highly unwelcome here, or anywhere on any thread. Overall, hopefully this will have an impact on peoples decisions, to not support Divergence; Online third indiegogo campaign.

He just cant handle money, it's a sad sight to behold and makes me slightly sick inside. Maybe I should make a campaign about "Failures in the Game Industry: Ethan's Story." Crowdfunding campaign, maybe that will raise $15,000 to pay my bills?

I do not have an agenda/crusade/vendetta against Ethan J. Casner - I apologize to anyone to assumes that, but it is simply not the case. Please refrain from making incorrect posts claiming that I do have one against him.

Please keep on topic, thanks!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

Why do I support him, then? For the lulz...For the lulz. Entertainment like this just should not come free. I am glad someone else paid their money for this entertainment and I hope someone continues to pay so the entertainment level will increase to historic proportions.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

Why do I support him, then? For the lulz...For the lulz. Entertainment like this just should not come free. I am glad someone else paid their money for this entertainment and I hope someone continues to pay so the entertainment level will increase to historic proportions.

I do not have an agenda/crusade/vendetta against Ethan J. Casner - I apologize to anyone to assumes that, but it is simply not the case. Please refrain from making incorrect posts claiming that I do have one against him.

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

Did i hear TITANIC. Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

So, what you're upset about is that people invested in an incredibly risky venture, with no guarantee of success, and not surprisingly there hasn't been any success yet? Is that pretty much it?

People do this all the time. There are people spending much more money on things that are just as worthless or even harmful, from people who are much better at taking money than Ethan. Why is this one thing such a sore point?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

So, what you're upset about is that people invested in an incredibly risky venture, with no guarantee of success, and not surprisingly there hasn't been any success yet? Is that pretty much it?

People do this all the time. There are people spending much more money on things that are just as worthless or even harmful, from people who are much better at taking money than Ethan. Why is this one thing such a sore point?

Are you talking about me being upset? or the pissed off people who already donated? I'm not upset at all, and it's just one of those entertainment topics you just love reading about. Quickly pass out the drinks. Let's just watch everything unfold, from our front row seats. 

Id be lying if I said this wasn't made to stir the bottom of the cauldron a little bit, talking about Ethan is just always interesting. Let's all gather-round and sing some songs about ethan.

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

dont be so tense. people just trolling b/c they are bore.

whatever ethan dude and other people do is up to them to decide, not the other.

Originally posted by squalleonaha

dont be so tense. people just trolling b/c they are bore.

whatever ethan dude and other people do is up to them to decide, not the other.

/Agree

Everyone is treating my thread, as if im really trying to bring ethan's empire down or something. But...I find it just as enjoyable as reading ethans blog updates.

Lol. Most seem to not be focusing on the topic at hand too- which is his third crowdfunding campaign, but the poll results say people do care, and are against it. o_O

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Rigitdog

Originally posted by lizardbones So, what you're upset about is that people invested in an incredibly risky venture, with no guarantee of success, and not surprisingly there hasn't been any success yet? Is that pretty much it? People do this all the time. There are people spending much more money on things that are just as worthless or even harmful, from people who are much better at taking money than Ethan. Why is this one thing such a sore point?
    Are you talking about me being upset? or the pissed off people who already donated? I'm not upset at all, and it's just one of those entertainment topics you just love reading about. Quickly pass out the drinks. Let's just watch everything unfold, from our front row seats. 

Id be lying if I said this wasn't made to stir the bottom of the cauldron a little bit, talking about Ethan is just always interesting. Let's all gather-round and sing some songs about ethan.

BTW - Support Ethans Third Crowdfunding Campaign! Lelz. ;) Be sure to vote, it's important!

It seems weird that after all this time people are suddenly interested in this project. A couple of threads and some posts in forums are the first I've ever heard of it and it really does seem to have rubbed some people the wrong way.

I mean, he's gotten what, less than $30k, yes? Judging by the videos on youtube, the game runs better than Earthrise ever did, and Masthead went through millions of dollars. I haven't played it, but there are people playing the game. It's actually running. It's possible that it looks better than Earthrise ever did too.

Here's a video from August, 2013. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KnEutVyx20

Is it great? No, not really. It is better than anything that any other single poster on this forum has ever come up with? Yeah, pretty much. Except for that one guy who said he had a couple million dollars, but I've never heard back from him.

All I'm saying is that compared to the really colossal f*ck ups in the history of MMORPGs, this seems relatively minor and it's weird that people are suddenly interested in it given the teeny, tiny scale of the investment and the game.

Quizzical's game might be better, but I don't think his game is a full on MMORPG, and he's doing some really squirrelly stuff with math and the game engine. His game is almost in a different class of games.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by mayanking
    this game is fun to laugh at and read for lolz. i feel bad for anyone who puts money into this game

Let's not allow a couple of negative individuals ruin the ongoing party, however It really is baffling me how some people actually seem to be coming to his defense. Are these people just uneducated about Divergence; Online? or maybe some really do want to give him another chance? I think some people are trying to find a deeper topic than the one presented. If you have not noticed, not much has been going on over at Divergence;Online except for the backers threatening to sue, and backers who are raising hell against ethan.

Does anyone read? - Can't we all just get along, and put aside our differences!?

Also the reason why I created a thread, and sparked interest in the game again. Is (If you read the main page post) which alot don't seem to be doing at all.) The thread is about ethan pulling down his poll options for his third crowdfunding campaign, disallowing anyone who previously donated on D;O. Thus upsetting many people and sparking outrage. Although I wanted to talk about all things Divergence; Online. Bringing up his two previous campaigns, and his shady inferno development of D;O.

Meanwhile- It seems i'am receiving a bit of flak for 'attacking' being 'aggressive' and 'humiliating' him. When really I'm just sparking a new discussion for the new year #2014. I'm no villian, and I'm not trying to be. He made around $15,000 while thousands of $$$ bounced, and those who loaned money to him to make sure his crowdfunding passed the threshold was pulled out too. Leaving him with very little to work with, sadly.

Anyway, Iv edited my posts- apologized for no reason, changed the title- for specific users in this thread. (Well then reverted it back, due to being on the offensive and standing behind all of my words.) I'm not going to go on a big campaign crusade to ruin his third funding, I'm not that low. But....with his previous shadyness....it just doesn't sit well with me being quiet. Thus another reason for making this thread, plus it's just entertaining to talk about D;O. Many others would agree.

Hope this clears some things up, for many misguided individuals who have posted. I'm playing the troll only just a bit- maybe it's my defense in trying to loosen the mood if only a bit. or rather the flak against me. :p

He made a new song which I really like and put on my favorites yesterday. Pretty good. IMO Music wise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEZFdd-9LOA

Maybe one day ethan will prove everyone wrong, who knows. As far as I know he simply is not updating his project enough, and from my point of view does not come off as professional. But as one user said in here indie-developers are not all too professional, and are like that by default.

I have not supported that many indie-titles so I was sort of in the unknown about that, really it's everything he says that just rubs off me on the wrong kind of way. He may have not gotten lots of money, but he still got peoples money, and he wants even more money. Does he deserve more money? Don't toss flak my way- I'm just asking. He just does not update his backers on the development of D;O all to well, everyone is in the dark about what is going on.

I'll yet again change the title, because I don't think it's right to use his full name in a title- but it was a fun hot topic discussion for the first 8-hours its been up all morning. Thanks for participating everyone, and I'm sure more will give an opinion on his project.

Hopefully avoiding tossing flak my way, when I didn't really mean to come off all too aggressive. But it is what it is, and I still believe in all of my words. His crusade is foolish, and I still dont think anyone should give a dime to him.

but I hope he proves me wrong in the future, truly.

deep down.... very deep...down.. in mah-soul.

- - -

Someone needed to give em some shit his way- 2014 after all. Again here is the link to the very important topic about the POLL: if you don't read it or have not read it, you don't really deserve to post. :p http://www.divergence-online.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=441&sid=1924284da6dd9f962c9c37f1be42ee7d&start=10

I'm off to bed, been fun. Later! ;D

Main page updated for the last time, I swear to god this is my last post about this topic for today.

Hopefully all month! xD Please don't throw grenades at me, cause those hurt. ;(

Villian Out!

It seems weird that after all this time people are suddenly interested in this project. A couple of threads and some posts in forums are the first I've ever heard of it and it really does seem to have rubbed some people the wrong way.

How is it weird or sudden? Talk only started up again when he resurfaced with his campaigns and videos, but many of us have been around for the previous episodes of EthanC and Divergence, both here and on the various game engine forums over the past... is it eight years now? 

With his resurface, he put a real neat star on the blackboard next to his name by coming here to call our community a cesspool and ask for our money in the same post. Lately, he's been in trainwreck mode, and when have we EVER turned a blind eye to those? image

It's business as usual.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

How is it weird or sudden? Talk only started up again when he resurfaced with his campaigns and videos, but many of us have been around for the previous episodes of EthanC and Divergence, both here and on the various game engine forums over the past... is it eight years now? 

With his resurface, he put a real neat star on the blackboard next to his name by coming here to call our community a cesspool and ask for our money in the same post. Lately, he's been in trainwreck mode, and when have we EVER turned a blind eye to those? image

It's business as usual.

The asking us for money is out of line but the cesspool was pretty spot on don't you think ?

Originally posted by DamonVile

It's business as usual.

The asking us for money is out of line but the cesspool was pretty spot on don't you think ?

But it's OUR CESSPOOL, you vile Damonperson!!!11ELEVENTY

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

yes I'm going to back this again

this gane has a ridiculous budget and still looks great to me

give this guy 1% of Star Citizen budget and the game is probably finished in 3 months

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by DocBrody

give this guy 1% of Star Citizen budget and the game is probably finished in 3 months

I promise you, it won't. He'll just disappear then come back 3 years from now like he did the last 3 times he tried this.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Backed Indiegogo 1,I think but getting doubts not to bothered 10 dollars in sterling is bugger all,but after this his detractors will multiply if we don't get something solid regarding Divergence and it's progress.
    p>
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Torcip
    Originally posted by DocBrody

I promise you, it won't. He'll just disappear then come back 3 years from now like he did the last 3 times he tried this.

Exactly.

I am in awe at anyone who looked into this and is actually defending this guy. Even his entire MOD team quit and expressed 'no confidence' and his Administrator actually posted on the forum that he CANNOT GET AHOLD OF ETHAN... He then also quit.  http://www.divergence-online.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=430

From the link:

So for a long time I've been really loosing faith in what is going on around here. I know we want to all believe but now that even the TS is down and no one has really heard a thing from the devs it's starting to get too much.

I am going to attempt my last time of trying to help communications get a bit more common around here between us and the devs and see if anything comes of it. Also to see if they will let us see what is going on with the game because it's been over a month since we last heard and even more so since we've seen anything new.

I know these words are harsh but it needs to be heard. If no communication is successful I will be resigning my position as I am no longer able to carry it out in the way it needs to be. The position of admin thus far has become pointless. 

I am sorry to those that this post disheartens and that is why I will do my best to make this attempt work.

-Helios

-This guys pattern is to have a crowdfunding event, get the money  and then disappear. 

Anyhow, the people attacking the OP are either not understanding the History here or just the same type of people who will defend the indefensible just to do it (I can respect that.) but no rational person who checks this out and does not already have money "invested" in this game could possibly come to the conclusion that things are on "the up and up..."

But again. You people bring me great entertainment. So long as its not MY money being used- PLEASE donate MOAR.

EDIT- I will also say that reading the forums over there I have no doubt he had some very smart , very cool people supporting him. This guy  Herko Kerghans should have been the community Manager. These people were keeping the forum alive (about 5-6 people) and volenteering their time and their money and had the patience of the Pope... Even their patience is out.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    VAPORWARE, just as it was 5 years ago, and the vapor resurfaced to milk crowd funding sites. Stay far away from this one, the developer isn't capable and is in denial. 3rd campaign with nothing to show from the first two. He simply keeps re exporting his tired artwork into multiple engines and runs around a non functioning world with zero gameplay intact.
  • ApollosWillApollosWill Member UncommonPosts: 82

My good man, Rigitdog,

You had me on the first post. Didn't know about the game, but for some reason I came to this thread (probably just clicked a random post from recent activities).

You fulfilled you initial intention, to advice anyone to not back up this project. I read your post, and decided that, this game, should stay hidden from my radar.

But than you continued....

I don't post normally. I lurk, I read, I used this amazing site to gather information and opinions regarding games. I often see something I don't agree with, but I let it rest.

But I just can't seem to do it with this. Maybe because I got some good advice in the start, and feel the need to give you some.

Stop while you are ahead.

One post was enough. Now, you just look like a media whore, that got a bit of positive attention and just can't stop yourself, to take this Ethan person down.

As someone else, very elegant said, this have become your personal crusade. No longer to advice people to not put money in to a potential failed project, but actually to make that project and the main developer look really, really horrible. And the only reason I can find for you to do that, is for a bit of attention or that Ethan have hurt you on some personal level.

I know, I'm not going to stop you. I also know, you so delinquent is going to call me an idiot, or tell me, I'm not adding anything to this thread.

Mate, gotta tell you, you have neither added anything of value beyond your first posts (and calling anyone that disagree with your opinion; idiots, add no other value, that showing what kind of person you are).

Take your own advice, log off and take a vacation, and perhaps your agenda can still be reached.

*sitting back in the chair to lurk and observe; using more time wondering why I even bothered posting, than caring about whatever insults is going to be thrown in my direction*

• polySurfacepolySurface Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by Retired
    VAPORWARE, just as it was 5 years ago, and the vapor resurfaced to milk crowd funding sites. Stay far away from this one, the developer isn't capable and is in denial. 3rd campaign with nothing to show from the first two. He simply keeps re exporting his tired artwork into multiple engines and runs around a non functioning world with zero gameplay intact.

Hit the nail on the head. Now he has the added bonus of the unity asset store, going to be fun to see how the new weather system UniStorm holds up server side. 

Feydikan sums up Divergence Online development.
    "OMG working so hard..pant pant... need sleep... pant pant.... and money... pant pant....keep faith"

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

So many years - 3 crowd funding campaigns - and nothing to show.

Vaporware at its finest.

Having said so I find it a real shame that this thread  started out as a good warning and turned into an idiotic gif thread.

This isn't 4chan - keep that filth off the forum.

Harbinger of Fools
This discussion has been closed.