Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeagesource.com getting DDOSed after attacking Trion Worlds

Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91
What is this, a fanpage or an open rebellion?

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

..or they are bugged out..  The timing is unusual though, since I've not yet seen that happen.  (I noticed the issue before reading your message)

http://archeagesource.com/

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Good, they were complete dicks in that Rift chat.  I don't even like or play anything by Trion and I still thought it was rude.
  • Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91
    Unacceptable behaviour!
  • InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    SNIBETI SNABS x--------DDDDDDDDDDD

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

Hey guys, here's what's going on with AAS right now. It's really inane but will take a little while to fix. My server literally ran out of HDD space, so the MySQL server had nowhere to put things. I'm upgrading that now and the server needs to be shut down, capacity added and then booted back up.

Originally posted by evilastro Good, they were complete dicks in that Rift chat.  I don't even like or play anything by Trion and I still thought it was rude.

Specific members of the ArcheAgeSource.com community may misbehave during Trion's weekly livestreams. Don't go thinking that their behavior is officially sanctioned. The only Twitch account that is sanctioned by ArcheAgeSource is "ArcheAge". Twitch.tv/ArcheAge is where I'll be streaming once I finish building my new computer.

Thanks for your patience. :)

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

And the website goes poof again ! It's a Trion conspiracy I tell you !

Originally posted by Kumapon

And the website goes poof again ! It's a Trion conspiracy I tell you !

This is the shutdown and reboot I promised might take a little while. ;)

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by MarkJW
    Originally posted by Kumapon And the website goes poof again ! It's a Trion conspiracy I tell you !
    This is the shutdown and reboot I promised might take a little while. ;)

Come on you got to blame Trion for something, at least that is the cool thing to do these days...lol

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Originally posted by evilastro Good, they were complete dicks in that Rift chat.  I don't even like or play anything by Trion and I still thought it was rude.

Specific members of the ArcheAgeSource.com community may misbehave during Trion's weekly livestreams. Don't go thinking that their behavior is officially sanctioned. The only Twitch account that is sanctioned by ArcheAgeSource is "ArcheAge". Twitch.tv/ArcheAge is where I'll be streaming once I finish building my new computer.

Thanks for your patience. :)

That's good to know, but that's not the perception and impression most people got and probably still have. Those players look like they're your users and that they speak for the community. I thought it was pretty rude myself.

If there was some way for me to moderate the comments on Trion's Twitch.tv streams, I would do so. Unfortunately I haven't been afforded that opportunity. I have no direct control over the off-site behavior of ArcheAgeSource.com's users.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

If there was some way for me to moderate the comments on Trion's Twitch.tv streams, I would do so. Unfortunately I haven't been afforded that opportunity. I have no direct control over the off-site behavior of ArcheAgeSource.com's users.

Of course you have the ability to curb this behaviour. Penalise them on AAS.com for making your website look so disreputable.

I hadn't heard of it until I read the comments, and now I have a very poor opinion of you. I highly doubt I'm alone in that regard.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Darwa

Of course you have the ability to curb this behaviour. Penalise them on AAS.com for making your website look so disreputable.

I hadn't heard of it until I read the comments, and now I have a very poor opinion of you. I highly doubt I'm alone in that regard.

Yeah I agree, any of the members of your community that act like retards on official streams etc should get sanctioned on your website. I can guarantee the whole thing was organised on aas.com.....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Good, they were complete dicks in that Rift chat.  I don't even like or play anything by Trion and I still thought it was rude.

Thats because you don't know the history between the "fansites of AA" and Trion, otherwise you might have given them support.

For this to be feasible, I would need at least these two things:

1. Infallible proof of misbehavior. Screenshots could work but can also be doctored easily.

2. Infallible proof that someone who purports to be a member of AAS on Twitch.tv is actually a member (matching email addresses, IPs, etc.). I don't have access to Twitch.tv's admin backend and I doubt the users in question will voluntarily give up this information.

If these are not available, I cannot selectively admonish users on my fansite. I would have no ground to stand on.

I can post a news thread petitioning AAS users to exhibit good behavior offsite, but I cannot enforce that behavior. I don't have the power or access to confirm identities and activities. Merely having the moral high ground is not enough.

Do not misconstrue my reluctance to act as unwillingness to act. I would like to enforce constructive behavior of ArcheAge fans worldwide, but I am not in the position to do so. Elrar, ArcheAge's community manager, was let go last year and a replacement was never named. ArcheAge fans have no designated, singularly devoted point of contact at Trion.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

For this to be feasible, I would need at least these two things:

1. Infallible proof of misbehavior. Screenshots could work but can also be doctored easily.

2. Infallible proof that someone who purports to be a member of AAS on Twitch.tv is actually a member (matching email addresses, IPs, etc.). I don't have access to Twitch.tv's admin backend and I doubt the users in question will voluntarily give up this information.

If these are not available, I cannot selectively admonish users on my fansite. I would have no ground to stand on.

I can post a news thread petitioning AAS users to exhibit good behavior offsite, but I cannot enforce that behavior. I don't have the power or access to confirm identities and activities. Merely having the moral high ground is not enough.

Do not misconstrue my reluctance to act as unwillingness to act. I would like to enforce constructive behavior of ArcheAge fans worldwide, but I am not in the position to do so. Elrar, ArcheAge's community manager, was let go last year and a replacement was never named. ArcheAge fans have no designated, singularly devoted point of contact at Trion.

Well said! I feel for you, it's terrible that your site is getting a bad rep because of a few jerks. I hope Trion doesn't blame your site directly.

Originally posted by Fendel84M

Well said! I feel for you, it's terrible that your site is getting a bad rep because of a few jerks. I hope Trion doesn't blame your site directly.

No, aas got rewarded!

Some customer service lady talked to the members there.

http://archeagesource.com/topic/2439-archeage-protest-1-at-trions-livestream-10-1-2014/page-10#entry40702

http://archeagesource.com/topic/2449-hartsman-speaks/?view=findpost&p=40698

http://archeagesource.com/topic/2449-hartsman-speaks/?view=findpost&p=40704

• KeksXKeksX Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Informer80
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

No, aas got rewarded!

Some customer service lady talked to the members there.

http://archeagesource.com/topic/2439-archeage-protest-1-at-trions-livestream-10-1-2014/page-10#entry40702

http://archeagesource.com/topic/2449-hartsman-speaks/?view=findpost&p=40698

http://archeagesource.com/topic/2449-hartsman-speaks/?view=findpost&p=40704

Look, I know you are upset. But you can't judge a whole community because of a few. I can't even recognize most names I saw on the Trion stream trolling, maybe 3-4 thats it.

You people are way too judgemental about this stuff.  ArcheAgeSource was and is THE international ArcheAge community with all the info you need of the game. And the guys responsible for this are most often than not not the guys dicking around in Twitch chat. Of course they poke at Trion, and imho they have every right to do that, but I can assure you that those trolls on Twittch are definitely not all from ArcheAgeSource. At least not active members.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

You guys know that Trion is just distributing the game right?  And Hartsman said 6 months ago that they were waiting to hear back from XL games, but XL games had other priorities ATM (namely Russian client.)

please tell me that people aren't that stupid to blame Trion for no communication because up to this very recent news, there's been nothing to report.  Why would they waste money on a community manager and forum moderation when they know for a fact that the date of AA coming to the west is completely in the hands of another company.  

Just wow...

Archeagesource down for 12 hours now.

Looks like the DDOS attack after the latest news regarding the hate from this page against Trion Worlds was successful.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Or the fact that the site has had too many new visitors past few days since Russian obt started.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube