Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

March release?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Could they be aiming to make a early mid march release...

Or anything to beat 4th of April, just to suck up some of the ESO crowd, before they can get their taste of ESO?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    I think they would probably leave it til June so everyone can get burnt out on Eso. Hard release dates are just a bad idea.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Nah they will need at least 3 months from the announcement to get pre-orders and early access crap sorted. I think June is most likely.
  • GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652
    I agree this looks more like June, July time frame.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Or anything to beat 4th of April, just to suck up some of the ESO crowd, before they can get their taste of ESO?

The game has a low publicity level that is being overshined by TESO.    There's also no room for pre-orders  to rev up estimated Day-1 sales for server set up.  

March is less than 1.5 months to go and when you want to set up pre-orders for an online only game you want to do a minimum of 3-4 months prior.  That gives 2 months to get most the orders in and another 2 months to stress the tech set up for that targeted population (most the time it's pre-orders x2 for Day-1 sales). 

If the game actually meets it's 2nd release target of Spring 2014 (April - June), then it would have to start taking pre-orders in February at the latest (having announced the launch date then too).

P.S. Added footnote about TESO, since it was brought up in the original topic, is that I find it completely baffling that the game has yet to take pre-orders with little over 2.5 months  until release.   No mention of a "collector's edition", no mention of digital specials, no GameStop commercials, no nothing.  I cannot be the only one to find that odd, right?

• LipstickpaddyLipstickpaddy Member UncommonPosts: 22

Let's first look at the evidence of another mmo that has a release date...

Elder Scrolls Online.  4th April 2014.

This game has no advertisements.  None in magazine, tv or on gaming websites.  Ha, they still have a NDA on the BETA.

Furthermore this game doesn't have a collector's edition announced yet, which is bizarre from a western mmo release.  So the lack of launch info on Wildstar doesn't fuel the fire of a summer or later release date.

So before we make predictions about Wildstar's release consider the following:

When the drip feed from Wildstar kicks back into action, it will have a consistent feed all the way to launch.  As the snowball starts rolling it can only get bigger or it may melt if left alone with the summer coming soon.  Timing is the marketing secret.

Guildwars 2 announced on 28 June 2012 the launch date to be 28th August.  Here they had 2 months to prepare for the launch and surely that was enough for the marketing team.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Siphaed
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

The game has a low publicity level that is being overshined by TESO.    There's also no room for pre-orders  to rev up estimated Day-1 sales for server set up.  

March is less than 1.5 months to go and when you want to set up pre-orders for an online only game you want to do a minimum of 3-4 months prior.  That gives 2 months to get most the orders in and another 2 months to stress the tech set up for that targeted population (most the time it's pre-orders x2 for Day-1 sales). 

If the game actually meets it's 2nd release target of Spring 2014 (April - June), then it would have to start taking pre-orders in February at the latest (having announced the launch date then too).

P.S. Added footnote about TESO, since it was brought up in the original topic, is that I find it completely baffling that the game has yet to take pre-orders with little over 2.5 months  until release.   No mention of a "collector's edition", no mention of digital specials, no GameStop commercials, no nothing.  I cannot be the only one to find that odd, right?

just because they aren't cramming the game down our throats doesn't mean they aren't preparing for launch.   every game seems to have little or no marketing,  at least compared to the hype train that was gw2.  that hype died soon after launch.  maybe zos is taking a different approach in hopes of having a better outcome than arenanet.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    If they were planning to release in March they'd have announced it already.  Pretty sure I heard Q3-Q4 2014 last time I looked.

Steam: Neph

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Launching 1-2 weeks after (or same day as...) WoD would be suicide - they better launch March-May or just wait until WoD has a release date.
  • ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    When a company uses a 3 month window as a target date they almost always mean at the end of that 3 month window which would be June 20th.  June 20th is likely the earliest. With all the changes and the comment by Frost tonight that they intend to release this year my bet is gets pushed back from that June 20th date by at least 2 months.  My guess is September-November is a realistic time frame for release.
  • Camulos4991Camulos4991 Member Posts: 10
    Don't think it will be that late because they would have enden up changing the date a second time, witch is bad. I expect the release date will be end of june or something close to it, ofc the sooner the better.