Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Preview] ArcheAge: Finally Playable in English, Friends and Family Alpha Begins

24

Comments

  • LlexXLlexX HungaryPosts: 197Member

    Really? Again an interview with Trion where they DON'T give any significant info.

    And what is this 80% of the UI being translated? About 2 months ago Scott said that the localization to English is done, and they are working on some Lore stories, just more lies here.

    If they keep this pace and attitude towards the game, it's never gonna be done. Honestly i don't believe it will be released in the next 6 months.

  • DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,401Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by RelGn

    Im playing the russian version right now.I dont understand a lot russian and havent gone to far but the game is a blast

    It's a breath taker

     

    I was actually intimidated by the world size. I honestly forgot how games like SWG and Vanguard felt - walking into a gigantic and open vista....

    I was pretty shocked at AA. It was nice being to walk 100 miles from the main path as opposed to the typical 100 feet.

  • FappuccinoFappuccino ErgensPosts: 159Member

    The heck are they doing to the game? Are they "Westernizing" one word a day?

  • HrothaHrotha -Posts: 821Member

    Alpha? Why are they advertising the (Closed) Beta on their site?

    If this is the case and this not the CBT and rather the Alpha then we have to wait at least for April if not even May or June for the CBT.

    Playing an MMO in the summer? Definitelly not.

     
     

    image

  • TamanousTamanous Edmonton, ABPosts: 2,125Member Uncommon

    Finally!

     

    Yay and stuff.

    You stay sassy!

  • RelGnRelGn halalaPosts: 494Member
    Originally posted by 4bsolute

    Alpha? Why are they advertising the (Closed) Beta on their site?

    If this is the case and this not the CBT and rather the Alpha then we have to wait at least for April if not even May or June for the CBT.

    Playing an MMO in the summer? Definitelly not.

     
     

    I agree those stupid developers keep releasing games on summer.

    Who the fuck plays games on summer time.

    Summer time is for going out on the beaches full of alchohol and sluts.Who cares about mmos on summer

    Stupid developers

    image
  • RadooRadoo Reggio EmiliaPosts: 174Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Volgore

    Yay, Trion got a friends and family-alpha ready! Not bad for a title that has been released a year ago and has long dropped off the western player's radar.

    At this pace they could make it into the beta before the game gets shut down in korea some day.

    I actually laughed out loud while reading your post. Funny and you do have a point :)

  • collektcollekt Meridian, MSPosts: 273Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by RelGn
    Originally posted by 4bsolute

    Alpha? Why are they advertising the (Closed) Beta on their site?

    If this is the case and this not the CBT and rather the Alpha then we have to wait at least for April if not even May or June for the CBT.

    Playing an MMO in the summer? Definitelly not.

     
     

    I agree those stupid developers keep releasing games on summer.

    Who the fuck plays games on summer time.

    Summer time is for going out on the beaches full of alchohol and sluts.Who cares about mmos on summer

    Stupid developers

    I don't think most of the MMO market are the same kind of people that spend all summer on the beach with alcohol and sluts lol.. 

  • mcrippinsmcrippins Dallas, TXPosts: 1,069Member Uncommon
    Anyone at Trion wanna be my BFF?! 
  • ClippersNBAClippersNBA Los Angeles, CAPosts: 39Member
    Hopefully they are westernizing everything that is asian in the game, such as some of the creatures, the characters, some of the sounds, and some of the architecture.
  • cnutempcnutemp Fairfax, VAPosts: 229Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Fappuccino

    The heck are they doing to the game? Are they "Westernizing" one word a day?

    Have you worked in the video game industry?  If you work in IT especially the video game industry has the lowest pay and some of the highest hours.  If you are in the tech industry you only work for a video game company if you love video games.  I am sure their people are working around the clock.

    Besides think logically why would Trion want to pay their employees to work short hours?  How would they profit off of that?  They need to make money.  Every day this game isn't out is more $$$ that loses interest and isn't in their pocket.

    That being said they are probably making sure they do things right with a thorough change management process, and having their people work insane hours to make up the difference. (speaking from experience here :/ )

    It happens at any software development shop during product release. long hours.

  • MawneeMawnee Spring Hill, FLPosts: 197Member Uncommon
    I had that last screenshot as my desktop wallpaper like....3 years ago.........
  • raskull789raskull789 San Marcos, CAPosts: 22Member
    I really thought this game would never make it to NA. I'm excited to have it coming, but freakin 2014 is going to be hard to juggle. With Everquest Next Landmark coming to beta soon, Archeage being possibly available, Wildstar if it ever goes open beta.. those greedy bastards, I won't pay for this game if they don't do an open beta. 2014 will hopefully be a good gaming year for MMO. Games, don't disappoint!
  • cnutempcnutemp Fairfax, VAPosts: 229Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by raskull789
    I really thought this game would never make it to NA. I'm excited to have it coming, but freakin 2014 is going to be hard to juggle. With Everquest Next Landmark coming to beta soon, Archeage being possibly available, Wildstar if it ever goes open beta.. those greedy bastards, I won't pay for this game if they don't do an open beta. 2014 will hopefully be a good gaming year for MMO. Games, don't disappoint!

    I hear ya

    EQ:N

    Archage

    Black Desert

    The Repopulation

     

    whatever comes out first gets all my money.

  • JabasJabas Caldas da RainhaPosts: 1,207Member Common

    yeah yeah, seams cool.....

    but what i really want is a release date for EU, just a f*****g release date. Its impressive Trion as a company dont make a plan with dates (alpha, beta and release) and share with us.

    So many years dont make sense, for more complex the translation might be.

  • TybostTybost Ill, WIPosts: 419Member Uncommon
     
     
     
     
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Niagara Falls, NYPosts: 3,436Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by BajsN3rd
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Originally posted by BajsN3rd
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Now we just need a supporter package for alpha access like they did with Trove :). I'd donate!
     

    I would never ever ever ever buy that. Because my expectations would be high and since it's Trion they would crush it.

    Sure alpha is alpha but if they would give a fuck about the community then I would defenitly buy alpha package if they would add such a thing, but they dont so why would we throw money at an alpha when they couldn't give any fucks to their community?

     

    My experiences with Defiance and Trove is that they very much do "give a !@#$" about the community. Sorry if you don't feel like they do.

     

    They handled it much better in those games but for ArcheAge im still trying to find all the fucks they are "giving"

    What exactly do you want them to do? They are doing what they can and releasing what they can. Seems like the community isn't giving two "fucks" about them, and they would have been better off not announcing their deal to publish it here at all.

    image
  • HanthosHanthos Antelope, CAPosts: 226Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Originally posted by BajsN3rd
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Originally posted by BajsN3rd
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Now we just need a supporter package for alpha access like they did with Trove :). I'd donate!
     

    I would never ever ever ever buy that. Because my expectations would be high and since it's Trion they would crush it.

    Sure alpha is alpha but if they would give a fuck about the community then I would defenitly buy alpha package if they would add such a thing, but they dont so why would we throw money at an alpha when they couldn't give any fucks to their community?

     

    My experiences with Defiance and Trove is that they very much do "give a !@#$" about the community. Sorry if you don't feel like they do.

     

    They handled it much better in those games but for ArcheAge im still trying to find all the fucks they are "giving"

    What exactly do you want them to do? They are doing what they can and releasing what they can. Seems like the community isn't giving two "fucks" about them, and they would have been better off not announcing their deal to publish it here at all.

    I keep looking for the punch-line to your joke here as you cannot actually be serious...

  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Fresno, CAPosts: 615Member
    No thanks, you can keep your shooting hanggliders and race cars in a supposed medieval setting to yourself. I'll pass.

    EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Wolcott, NYPosts: 671Member Uncommon

    Honestly, some of the newer videos out of Korea for this game make it look more and more like Aion. This is not what I am looking for in an MMO. I do like the sandbox elements, but the art style (especially if they are going the route of the flashy Aion gearing) is not my taste.

     

    On top of that they trusted Trion to bring it to the US and EU markets.... not a big fan of Trion lately.

    image

  • XiaokiXiaoki White Pigeon, MIPosts: 2,601Member Uncommon

    Considering what been going on with the Korean version of ArcheAge I can understand why Trion has delayed their release.


    I just wonder if Trion isnt bowing down to consumer pressure and release it before it is ready.


    People are too impatient, releasing AA 1.0 would be a disaster and rushing release to please fans would also be a disaster.

  • GoriomGoriom New York, NYPosts: 8Member
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    No thanks, you can keep your shooting hanggliders and race cars in a supposed medieval setting to yourself. I'll pass.

     

    If you actually knew more about the lore, you would know why Cars/Tractors/Subs/Hang gliders are in the game.  

     
  • BacchiraBacchira MalmöPosts: 50Member
    Originally posted by Fappuccino

    The heck are they doing to the game? Are they "Westernizing" one word a day?

    Indeed! 

    When a high profile novel is released in my country it only takes weeks before it is available in our language. Several authors working in parallel. 

    I realise that AA is a big game but surely the complete text mass can not be that great that it takes a year just to get to the 80% level?

     

    Now, if we only could get a Google translate plugin for the RU version we'd be all set!

  • MardukkMardukk Posts: 1,556Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Razephon

    Unless ESO terribly bombs at the 1 or 2 month since release mark...based on that timeline this game is REKT. It will probably have a small community at launch.

    If however ESO does bomb, then it comes out at an opportune time and does well

    If however Wildstar comes out before this launches.....welp....enjoy your small player community of weeaboos.

    TLDR - Things don't look too good unless everyone else fails horribly.

    Umm, I think people that want even the smallest bit of sandbox in their MMO would gladly ditch linear themeparks like Wildstar in favor of AA.  Not that AA is the ultimate Sandbox, but it's more sandbox than Wildstar and ESO.

     

    Good to hear.  I was really starting to wonder if the NA release was going to be delayed another year.

  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen USA, GAPosts: 2,451Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by cnutemp
    Originally posted by raskull789
    I really thought this game would never make it to NA. I'm excited to have it coming, but freakin 2014 is going to be hard to juggle. With Everquest Next Landmark coming to beta soon, Archeage being possibly available, Wildstar if it ever goes open beta.. those greedy bastards, I won't pay for this game if they don't do an open beta. 2014 will hopefully be a good gaming year for MMO. Games, don't disappoint!

    I hear ya

    EQ:N

    Archage

    Black Desert

    The Repopulation

     

    whatever comes out first gets all my money.

    I doubt we get Black Desert this year. That's the only mmo i've been looking forward to.

    image

    What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Sign In or Register to comment.