Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

armor details look a bit like bodypaint

2»

Comments

• aspectofgoreaspectofgore Member Posts: 17
    I guess ESO looks alright, but this post really made me remember how nice looking AoC was when it was released. Still looks good

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352
    To me, this is one of the most off-putting things about the game. My "vision" of the Elder Scrolls has now been so influenced by Skyrim that I find ESO's graphics and art style rather lacking. I think I will get over this after playing for a while, but at the moment this is one of my biggest barriers. 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by Terminus-Est
    To me, this is one of the most off-putting things about the game. My "vision" of the Elder Scrolls has now been so influenced by Skyrim that I find ESO's graphics and art style rather lacking. I think I will get over this after playing for a while, but at the moment this is one of my biggest barriers. 

I can assure you that it has a very lush and beautiful landscape, artstyle and barely noticeable "Bodypaint" armour, only clearly visible on cloth armour.

The last part about the stretchy-thingy could already be seen in the first leaked gameplay of TES:O back in April the 19th where we saw the Soulshriven robe.

My problem with the armor is its all dark and cryptic. Works ok for me but my wife says there was no thought taken into account for women playing. She would like to look pretty and I think not enough MMOs take the woman factor into account. Also I am not talking about skanky looking clothing, just something a woman would want to wear in a fantasy setting. 

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    [mod edit

Elder Scrolls doesn't really do "pretty" and the armor is suppose to be functional. No offence but this statement is going to get flamed since there are many stylized mmo's that appeal to a female eye.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    [mod edit]

My problem with the armor is its all dark and cryptic. Works ok for me but my wife says there was no thought taken into account for women playing. She would like to look pretty and I think not enough MMOs take the woman factor into account. Also I am not talking about skanky looking clothing, just something a woman would want to wear in a fantasy setting. 

I beg to differ, really. I feel as if the armour can be both colourful as well as complimenting to a female body.

Albeit the following picture is somewhat dark and not pretty in the sense of beautiful flowing dresses pretty but it is very well adapted to the female body. [mod edit]

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

I can assure you that it has a very lush and beautiful landscape, artstyle and barely noticeable "Bodypaint" armour, only clearly visible on cloth armour.

The last part about the stretchy-thingy could already be seen in the first leaked gameplay of TES:O back in April the 19th where we saw the Soulshriven robe.

I beg to differ, really. I feel as if the armour can be both colourful as well as complimenting to a female body.

Albeit the following picture is somewhat dark and not pretty in the sense of beautiful flowing dresses pretty but it is very well adapted to the female body. And if you look at the Bosmer heavy armour I think that it provides a nice, colourful cascade of beauty. I can't show you any pictures of it though.

Wish I could say more or I would be breaking the NDA =- As for that pic ya its not bad at all. But fitting the female form is not all that is required to make some women happy in a MMO. Heck most of the time women are dressed like a whore. My guess is because there are more men gamers cleavage sells lol. I am sure if the devs sat down with some female gamers they could come up with ideas that would make them happy and fir the art theme of ESO.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

Albeit the following picture is somewhat dark and not pretty in the sense of beautiful flowing dresses pretty but it is very well adapted to the female body. And if you look at the Bosmer heavy armour I think that it provides a nice, colourful cascade of beauty. I can't show you any pictures of it though.

Wish I could say more or I would be breaking the NDA =- As for that pic ya its not bad at all. But fitting the female form is not all that is required to make some women happy in a MMO. Heck most of the time women are dressed like a whore. My guess is because there are more men gamers cleavage sells lol. I am sure if the devs sat down with some female gamers they could come up with ideas that would make them happy and fir the art theme of ESO.

There is no cleavage. This game is more respectable to women than it is to men. The even the thinnest of characters would still have bigger pecs than their heads. Whilst women will have natural bodies as well as realistic sizes. This can be gleamed from screenshots alone.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Originally posted by Nemesis7884 it just doesnt look "next gen" to me or 2014 material...it looks like 2008 at best. Which is a real shame cause at least the art style looks a lot better than those weird first tries at armors and the environment really looks beautiful imo they nailed it with that! but the armors...meh - they should really hire the age of conan guy, he is a genius. besides the armor it seems while the environment is as said stunning, everything placed in it looks rather 10 years old...for example props. In one video they showed a basket with apples, and the apples were basically a flat surface with apples painted on it  - i mean cmon, thats not 2014...
    Graphics and mass Pvp events dont go hand in hand.... Its allways a trade off...  

Fps shooters have it easy becuase they have much less different armors and much less people on screeen..

the game has to run fluently on older hardware too...  

There is a reason that mass PvP in Age of Conan is allmost unplayable...  And other developers have learned from this... So far only GW2 has had an engine to support fluent mass PvP..

Lineage 2 had huge PvP events and ran well. Planetside 1 and 2, massive Tps/fps shooter. DaOC had big sieges and ran well. There are several examples, GW is not breaking new ground for massive flowing pvp.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Ironic thread considering just how good the armor is in this game... best and most varied armor textures I have ever seen in an MMO.

And not over the top with silly embellishments like what you get in most Asian MMOs.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    You guys have problems if you just look at these small details....pff
  • fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

What your seeing with the picture your posting is GRAPHICS SETTINGS set LOWER then MAX.

I can tell because the TREE AND BACKGROUND look less then they do in the 1080p video FOOTATGE on other videos.

Take this video for example.  SEE how HIGHER QUALITY the trees and objects are compared to the OP PICTURE.

SET to 1080p when watching HD.  http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/videos/659 MiNUTE 1:30 is a great EXAMPLE of HIGH QUALITY, ELF HEAVY ARMOR when set to 1080p! 

HERE BELOW IS A FEW GREAT EXAMPLES OF HD QUALITY HEAVY ARMOR on MAX settings:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/screenshots/619

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/screenshots/577

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/screenshots/537

I'lll post more as I find them.

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592

Why most of the time they show first person view ? ungly animation

Armors are sticked to body fact ! actually more like growing from character . WOW older content armor are more detailed and look more dimensional. 200kk HAHAHA

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    Originally posted by spizz
    You guys have problems if you just look at these small details....pff

Actually a good game is full of small details witch in final make  and bring an amazing feeling about the game Morrowind was about small details not graphical other but it made it a great game ESO have no graphics no old amazing TES details.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by MikePaladin

Why most of the time they show first person view ? ungly animation

Armors are sticked to body fact ! actually more like growing from character . WOW older content armor are more detailed and look more dimensional. 200kk HAHAHA

LOL, you looked at ONLY ONE low graphics texture setting screenshot someone posted AND MAKE A CONCLUSION.......   look at the ones I posed above your post and see how dimensional that third one is.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

The ESO graphics are actually good, the world is gorgeous.

But I agree that the armor sometimes looks a bit too tight.

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352

I know which one I think looks better

imageimage

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884

it just doesnt look "next gen" to me or 2014 material...it looks like 2008 at best. Which is a real shame cause at least the art style looks a lot better than those weird first tries at armors and the environment really looks beautiful imo they nailed it with that!

but the armors...meh - they should really hire the age of conan guy, he is a genius.

besides the armor it seems while the environment is as said stunning, everything placed in it looks rather 10 years old...for example props. In one video they showed a basket with apples, and the apples were basically a flat surface with apples painted on it  - i mean cmon, thats not 2014...

Keep in mind this will be on consoles too. I know they have come a long ways, but if a few small cosmetics can be reduced to make performance better is it really that bad?

With regards to the armor... YES I think they need to make it better. Armor is important to me. I see it all the time as I adventure. I want it to look right and look good!

Right now what I really want them to look into tweaking is combat, jumping physics and animations.

• CannyoneCannyone Member UncommonPosts: 267

I have to disagree with the OP.  I think the armor in ESO is fine.  And whatever the case might be I don't want to ever see Huge shoulder pads like it WoW ever again.  Thanks very much.

And to say that ESO's armor is like "Bodypaint" is real exaggeration.  Its just not true!  And I have to say that after all the MMORPGs I've played with "Asian Art styles" ESO's armor styles are a welcome change.  Maybe not "perfect" but nothing ever is... yet its at least different.

Oh, and for the record, I don't remember AoC's armor.  Everything about that game was so painful that my mind has simply blocked it all out...image