Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] ArcheAge: Finally Playable in English, Friends and Family Alpha Begins

Comments

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

Really? Again an interview with Trion where they DON'T give any significant info.

And what is this 80% of the UI being translated? About 2 months ago Scott said that the localization to English is done, and they are working on some Lore stories, just more lies here.

If they keep this pace and attitude towards the game, it's never gonna be done. Honestly i don't believe it will be released in the next 6 months.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by RelGn

Im playing the russian version right now.I dont understand a lot russian and havent gone to far but the game is a blast

It's a breath taker

I was actually intimidated by the world size. I honestly forgot how games like SWG and Vanguard felt - walking into a gigantic and open vista....

I was pretty shocked at AA. It was nice being to walk 100 miles from the main path as opposed to the typical 100 feet.

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159

The heck are they doing to the game? Are they "Westernizing" one word a day?

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Alpha? Why are they advertising the (Closed) Beta on their site?

If this is the case and this not the CBT and rather the Alpha then we have to wait at least for April if not even May or June for the CBT.

Playing an MMO in the summer? Definitelly not.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Finally!

Yay and stuff.

You stay sassy!

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by 4bsolute

If this is the case and this not the CBT and rather the Alpha then we have to wait at least for April if not even May or June for the CBT.

I agree those stupid developers keep releasing games on summer.

Who the fuck plays games on summer time.

Summer time is for going out on the beaches full of alchohol and sluts.Who cares about mmos on summer

Stupid developers

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Volgore

Yay, Trion got a friends and family-alpha ready! Not bad for a title that has been released a year ago and has long dropped off the western player's radar.

At this pace they could make it into the beta before the game gets shut down in korea some day.

I actually laughed out loud while reading your post. Funny and you do have a point :)

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by RelGn
    Originally posted by 4bsolute

I agree those stupid developers keep releasing games on summer.

Who the fuck plays games on summer time.

Summer time is for going out on the beaches full of alchohol and sluts.Who cares about mmos on summer

Stupid developers

I don't think most of the MMO market are the same kind of people that spend all summer on the beach with alcohol and sluts lol.. 

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Anyone at Trion wanna be my BFF?! 
  • ClippersNBAClippersNBA Member Posts: 39
    Hopefully they are westernizing everything that is asian in the game, such as some of the creatures, the characters, some of the sounds, and some of the architecture.
  • cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Fappuccino

Have you worked in the video game industry?  If you work in IT especially the video game industry has the lowest pay and some of the highest hours.  If you are in the tech industry you only work for a video game company if you love video games.  I am sure their people are working around the clock.

Besides think logically why would Trion want to pay their employees to work short hours?  How would they profit off of that?  They need to make money.  Every day this game isn't out is more $$$ that loses interest and isn't in their pocket.

That being said they are probably making sure they do things right with a thorough change management process, and having their people work insane hours to make up the difference. (speaking from experience here :/ )

It happens at any software development shop during product release. long hours.

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    I had that last screenshot as my desktop wallpaper like....3 years ago.........
  • raskull789raskull789 Member Posts: 22
    I really thought this game would never make it to NA. I'm excited to have it coming, but freakin 2014 is going to be hard to juggle. With Everquest Next Landmark coming to beta soon, Archeage being possibly available, Wildstar if it ever goes open beta.. those greedy bastards, I won't pay for this game if they don't do an open beta. 2014 will hopefully be a good gaming year for MMO. Games, don't disappoint!
  • cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by raskull789
    I really thought this game would never make it to NA. I'm excited to have it coming, but freakin 2014 is going to be hard to juggle. With Everquest Next Landmark coming to beta soon, Archeage being possibly available, Wildstar if it ever goes open beta.. those greedy bastards, I won't pay for this game if they don't do an open beta. 2014 will hopefully be a good gaming year for MMO. Games, don't disappoint!

I hear ya

EQ:N

Archage

Black Desert

The Repopulation

whatever comes out first gets all my money.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

yeah yeah, seams cool.....

but what i really want is a release date for EU, just a f*****g release date. Its impressive Trion as a company dont make a plan with dates (alpha, beta and release) and share with us.

So many years dont make sense, for more complex the translation might be.

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by BajsN3rd
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Now we just need a supporter package for alpha access like they did with Trove :). I'd donate!

I would never ever ever ever buy that. Because my expectations would be high and since it's Trion they would crush it.

Sure alpha is alpha but if they would give a fuck about the community then I would defenitly buy alpha package if they would add such a thing, but they dont so why would we throw money at an alpha when they couldn't give any fucks to their community?

My experiences with Defiance and Trove is that they very much do "give a !@#$"; about the community. Sorry if you don't feel like they do.

They handled it much better in those games but for ArcheAge im still trying to find all the fucks they are "giving"

What exactly do you want them to do? They are doing what they can and releasing what they can. Seems like the community isn't giving two "fucks" about them, and they would have been better off not announcing their deal to publish it here at all.

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Now we just need a supporter package for alpha access like they did with Trove :). I'd donate!

I would never ever ever ever buy that. Because my expectations would be high and since it's Trion they would crush it.

Sure alpha is alpha but if they would give a fuck about the community then I would defenitly buy alpha package if they would add such a thing, but they dont so why would we throw money at an alpha when they couldn't give any fucks to their community?

My experiences with Defiance and Trove is that they very much do "give a !@#$"; about the community. Sorry if you don't feel like they do.

They handled it much better in those games but for ArcheAge im still trying to find all the fucks they are "giving"

What exactly do you want them to do? They are doing what they can and releasing what they can. Seems like the community isn't giving two "fucks" about them, and they would have been better off not announcing their deal to publish it here at all.

I keep looking for the punch-line to your joke here as you cannot actually be serious...

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

Honestly, some of the newer videos out of Korea for this game make it look more and more like Aion. This is not what I am looking for in an MMO. I do like the sandbox elements, but the art style (especially if they are going the route of the flashy Aion gearing) is not my taste.

On top of that they trusted Trion to bring it to the US and EU markets.... not a big fan of Trion lately.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Considering what been going on with the Korean version of ArcheAge I can understand why Trion has delayed their release.

I just wonder if Trion isnt bowing down to consumer pressure and release it before it is ready.

People are too impatient, releasing AA 1.0 would be a disaster and rushing release to please fans would also be a disaster.

• GoriomGoriom Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    No thanks, you can keep your shooting hanggliders and race cars in a supposed medieval setting to yourself. I'll pass.

If you actually knew more about the lore, you would know why Cars/Tractors/Subs/Hang gliders are in the game.  

• BacchiraBacchira Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by Fappuccino

Indeed! 

When a high profile novel is released in my country it only takes weeks before it is available in our language. Several authors working in parallel. 

I realise that AA is a big game but surely the complete text mass can not be that great that it takes a year just to get to the 80% level?

Now, if we only could get a Google translate plugin for the RU version we'd be all set!

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Razephon

Unless ESO terribly bombs at the 1 or 2 month since release mark...based on that timeline this game is REKT. It will probably have a small community at launch.

If however ESO does bomb, then it comes out at an opportune time and does well

If however Wildstar comes out before this launches.....welp....enjoy your small player community of weeaboos.

TLDR - Things don't look too good unless everyone else fails horribly.

Umm, I think people that want even the smallest bit of sandbox in their MMO would gladly ditch linear themeparks like Wildstar in favor of AA.  Not that AA is the ultimate Sandbox, but it's more sandbox than Wildstar and ESO.

Good to hear.  I was really starting to wonder if the NA release was going to be delayed another year.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by cnutemp
    Originally posted by raskull789

I hear ya

EQ:N

Archage

Black Desert

The Repopulation

whatever comes out first gets all my money.

I doubt we get Black Desert this year. That's the only mmo i've been looking forward to.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Public or no fucks given... why announce internal testing bs? Hype? The hype for this game died MONTHS ago. The only thing ramping up hype now is public betas or release.