Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PEACE, LOVE, ...AND DWARVES?

We all know LOTRO is 7 years old and has some rather frustrating changes made to it over those years, but there is ONE thing those of us who play and love the IP try to do and that is put on player events for a change of pace.

A good many of you have heard of Weatherstock, the largest player run musical event in all of MMOdom.  Here comes WINTERSTOCK, a musical event of even greater proportions.

Winterstock is to be a 4 day event with at last count, 21 bands signed to play. Hosted by The Lonely Mountain Band, we offer this extravaganza with NO competition and no prizes offered. A huge casual, laid back experience with rockin music to help you as you stare at your navel.  Listen to the best bands there are in Middle Earth.

We are in touch with Guiness world records in an attempt to mark Winterstock as the largest musical event in MMO history.

So,...if your tired of the grind and just want to chill, head to Thorins Gate for Winterstock. If your not on Landroval, roll a toon and within 30 minutes yer golden to attend. Attend in iron man mode so not to miss a thing, or drop in anytime for a refresh we welcome any and all.

As with Weatherstock there will be GM monitoring .

photo Lord-of-the-Rings-Online-Community-Organizes-4-Day-Long-Concert-Festival_zps95fb88f4.jpg

Comments

• MorrowbreezeMorrowbreeze Member CommonPosts: 141

photo winterstock_2014_schedule_1_friday_zps7b4d4317.jpg

photo winterstock_2014_schedule_2_saturday_zpsfdd11f56.jpg

photo winterstock_2014_schedule_3_sunday_zps1f1d309b.jpg

photo winterstock_2014_schedule_4_monday_zps77ae65a7.jpg

• geelgeel Member UncommonPosts: 93
    This is truly awesome :D With a slightly different f2p system I might be tempted to install. 

We will attempt to provide constant vending throughout the whole event. Free ale and Pipeweed!

photo 9d09b2cf-3752-4b8d-b9ce-89c3305c344b_zps609e6d9a.jpg

Vendors will be wearing bright yellow, so if you get thirsty seek them out.

photo ScreenShot00297-1.jpg

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

4 days in a row... awesome image

maybe I'll roll a dwarf this time (to avoid "sticking out" of the crowd... lol)

edit: Thorin's Hall is great for some wintry music, there was a Shades concert a few weeks ago at the Silver Deep Mine :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6102622#6102622

photo b17f693c-9107-42d6-9995-5aff42388249_zps30367857.jpg

Negotiations failed for this band.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Awesome! I'll have to see what level my Landroval alt is up to. :)

• ViperDragonViperDragon Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Awesome is the right word.  This event has just totally sold me on the game.  Count me in!  I'll be downloading later and attending the event for sure.

A great list of free games (mostly MMORPGs): http://www.mytop10games.com/

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    I am on the big E, but will roll a newb on Land for this....and awesome is the word.
  • JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251
    havent played lotro for ages, but im totally gonna reinstall it just to check this one out :D

Mighty glad to have you join! I will be vending as Tinki, so drop by and say hi when you see me.

We needed to contact Guiness World Records a little earlier it seems so no record attempt with this show. maybe Weatherstock in June?

photo 79478203-6661-4965-a46d-0839757bf072_zpsf9fbc800.jpg

photo 993389c6-e74c-4239-94ac-18d06dcd680c_zps92376c56.png

Originally posted by Morrowbreeze

We needed to contact Guiness World Records a little earlier it seems so no record attempt with this show.

They don't have a free person available to authenticate in such short notice? All they have to do is sit one of their intern in front of a pc :)  (or in case of Weatherstock there's the livestream on youtube)

Anyway, I catched the last glimpse of Yule with my new dwarf so he could learn the dwarf dance, and getting some warm wintry outfit from Frostbluff.

I can't promise I'll be there all the way (the evening ones are 1a.m. - 6.a.m local) but luckily my favourites will perform in the afternoon part - except RKO and the Winyards, I'll miss them probably.

Where is the Frodo tempting Sméagol flock? probably somewhere on the road towards Mordor... :)

Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by Morrowbreeze

We needed to contact Guiness World Records a little earlier it seems so no record attempt with this show.

They don't have a free person available to authenticate in such short notice? All they have to do is sit one of their intern in front of a pc :)  (or in case of Weatherstock there's the livestream on youtube)

Anyway, I catched the last glimpse of Yule with my new dwarf so he could learn the dwarf dance, and getting some warm wintry outfit from Frostbluff.

I can't promise I'll be there all the way (the evening ones are 1a.m. - 6.a.m local) but luckily my favourites will perform in the afternoon part - except RKO and the Winyards, I'll miss them probably.

Where is the Frodo tempting Sméagol flock? probably somewhere on the road towards Mordor... :)

They need 12 weeks lead time I understand. Hopefully more bands will sign, its pretty hard to contact all the different bands on different servers and get prompt replies:)

Winterstock is tomorrow! Thank you everyone for you kind comments. We all just want to have fun!

photo 7b848697-dc66-47b0-9548-49e326b0c3ed_zps9ff5b4cc.jpg

It was a great start :) I left before midnight (local) so I sadly missed Rock and a Hard Place, but I saw Bruzo in the audience, listening the other groups.

All bands were good, but if I had to name one, I'd pick Bara Bahau. As a dwarf, near the mines in Thorin's Hall, what else could be more precious than metal? :) http://postimg.org/image/kzea3w14h/  and their Whiplash... it was like "how the [bleep] they do it?"

The other could be the stand-up intermission from Les Chantesfables, man, those jokes... the cowbell one is still giving me pains :)

Yesterday evening (afternoon by servertime) three great bands from Weatherstock performed a 1hour long concert each, with Thorin's Hall in the background. http://postimg.org/image/uua2bpz8f/  Apologies to the Sunlit Sky, I had to leave before midnight so I couldn't hear them sadly...

Inbetween there was a fun special event held at the Gates, during that playing a 4th awesome band from Weatherstock, the Flock of Sméagols (without any Frodo tempting this time).

About the horse race and the fashion contest I wrote in the other thread, I just want to mention here, that the trivia in the end was hilarious. I couldn't posted any answers, because the fellow participants were way too fast ("oh, that's easy, mushrooms. Type '/shout mush...'  dammit, already at least a dozen answers shouted"), so instead I just sat by a fella who kept shouting wrong answers, from Lindsay Lohan to the only One direction... With the best of: "what was the name of the battering ram used at Minas Tirith?" he said: my mother-in-law :)

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I hope we can get a stream of some of this up on youtube!

Hopefully, maybe the organisers at LMB are recording, I'm just a simple audience member (but I do screenshotting a lot).

Weatherstock in the summer was livestreamed by LotRO reporter, and later it was uploaded to youtube, the whole almost 8 hours as a raw feed :) but this wintry one is 4 days, and 2 of those are longer than the whole Weatherstock was.

I think Whiteberry from toarda made some streaming (http://www.twitch.tv/talesofarda) but I don't know how long or how frequent will it be during the remaining two days.

edit: the concert is on, and it was announced a bit ago that Floradine is streaming:

Livestream from Winterstock: twitch.tv/floradine

Sadly I can't enjoy this last day of Winterstock tonight (starting at 2am local), but I must say, all 3 days were awesome, and a big thanks to LMB for organising the event.

Yesterday's performances were just as good (if not better) than the previous band's ones. The Philharmonic, as their name states played some classical pieces, with great accuracy (for some strange reason classical tunes are quite uncommon among the bands, maybe those are tougher to implement onto the game's instruments).

The Strollers made a great show with many Shire-themed songs and pointy hats, then they dropped the lag-bomb with their Bouncing song - and when the server survived without crashing, the following band, die Meisterbarden thought, "we could then Might as well Jump" :)  (I mean they played Van Halen's Jump, and everybody jumped up and down like crazy... but the server survived that too). Their best was though (imo) a funny song about a math-handicapped wizard (Hexen 1x1), I liked it especially since I was with a lorebrea... rune-keeper :)

After die Meisterbarden, LMB's Andune Ensemble followed the Philharmonics footsteps and played many classical pieces, it was great. There was a "local" one on the list too, which was amazingly performed, /hatsoff for that.  (not a dwarven one I mean, "local" as in hungarian, ungarischer Tanz Nr.5, Brahms)

And as a closure, more than 20 minstrels from different bands gathered to perform the Middle-earth version of an old, supergroup hit song from the mid'80s: We are the band, We are the minstrels. Great lyrics, it was a wonderful ending for the afternoon part, and for Winterstock as well. http://postimg.org/image/mcw0x33vz/

(I couldn't stay for the following band Under the starlit sky, since starlit sky means it's way too late already, if the next day is a Monday :) )

A detailed article about the mid-concert horse event on the second day of Winterstock, from Kiralynn of the Windy Acres:

http://windyacres.mymiddleearth.com/?p=4356

Looks like P_OGG has much input !  Thank you for your coverage!  Here are some links;

These, by no means covers more than a fraction of the total event. We eventually had 24 bands signed.

Since you kept updating the official forum, and I'm pretty often lurking around here, I just thought I update this thread instead. Tried to not filliing it with screenshots though :)

Great vids in your post! For those who missed the event, check at least the Bara Bahau one (second link from above, this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiVNiZXk9e4) nicely edited video about the scene, the audience, the band, and it was a great song as well - though their Whiplash was even faster... I'm not a performer, but I think that's pretty much the max. tempo you can squeeze out of the .abc system... (and they've played Slayer too, if I remember correctly) 

As the hobbit emoting in the beginning, they're crazy :)