Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give SPELLBORN a new live! (Sign the new Petition!)

freeyoupifreeyoupi Member UncommonPosts: 20

Greetings everyone,

Just noticed today that someone started a new petition to get Spellborn resurected.
Please help by singning the petition at :

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/959/862/164/give-spellborn-a-new-live/

Sincerely,

Freeyoupi

Playing: The chronicles of Spellborn
Server: Deiquonril
Main Char: Acid-Burn (Ancestral Mage, L50, Born 10/12/2008)
Ex-Guild Master of "Origin Born Killers"

Comments

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288

I sure miss that game. A bit late, but I guess crazier things have happened. They brought back Hellgate: London, after all.

Who would you get to run it though? They would have to not only pay its server costs but buy the rights from Acclaim.

• freeyoupifreeyoupi Member UncommonPosts: 20

Hi ,

Some of the members of communty members would be interrested in running the servers.

The only trouble is first knowing the exact specs required for them.

Also some of the ex-players are still trying to rebuild from the client and have gathered quite some knowledge about the workings of the engine.

If the source was available they might be able to port it to a newer version of the engine.

As for the rights of acclaim, they only purchased the rights to publish it. They don't own the game. Additionaly Acclaim no longer exists so the owners are still free to find new publishers.

Let's just hope it comes back one way or another... :)

• ThrennieThrennie Member UncommonPosts: 107

Heh. I know someone that was one of the programmers of that game.

Very fun game and it's a shame it was closed down. So guess I'll sign.

• freeyoupifreeyoupi Member UncommonPosts: 20

It was indeed a very fun game.

The combat system was to me the most dynamic of all MMO's of it's type.
    The Art: a real master piece I would even pay tickets to see it in museum.
    The sound: a perfect blend to each environment.

It had potential. New features were added with the patches but needed some more work. (for example the trade system)

Some quests were bugged but if the dev-studio hadn't gone broke, they would have had the chance to solve them easily.

The way the game was build could simply be expanded to add more areas, dungeons, ...

The community was the most friendly I have seen in any MMO, and suitable to all people.
    When the EU servers closed most of my guild members +- 100 people followed (but progressively left due to the server problems at Acclaim and the lack of new patches)...

• MikailaMikaila Member UncommonPosts: 45

I really miss this game. There was no other like it, and still nothing has arrived that compares. The ambience was so extremely good. And the combat system was just pure fun.

It's no surprise it went under, though. Their distribution system sucked like mad. And they had some gamebreaking bugs (like the bug that stopped certain classes from proceeding their main quest line at like level 15 orso) that took forever to finish.

Either way, I would gladly pay a monthly fee for a proper rebirth of this game.