Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Why This game will be as successful as SKYRIM and past ES games.

Comments

• EladiEladi ArnhemPosts: 1,100Member Uncommon

Originally posted by squalleonaha i love skyrim. but when i see ESO, i saw neverwinter night. character and world scaled down , its look more cartoon than a real world like skyrim. i guess they had to do so so that they can run it as mmo. i dont hate EOS, but it not capture me. i hope they done with ESO quick and make ES 6 so i can have something better than skyrim.
    you be highly surprized at the detail this game offers,  and how smooth it runs on even low end systems 
  • UtukuMoonUtukuMoon ParisPosts: 1,066Member
    Originally posted by fistorm

Skyrim.   This is why ESO is going to be the next generation of MMO's.   Skyrim, the single player game is a game that pulled many MMO fans away from their MMOs and into a single player game.   I headed over to STEAM to see what other people were saying about Elder Scrolls games and what made them so great.  What I found was amazing amount of reviews.  http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/reviews/   

After reading many of these reviews, I looked at the amount of hours people played on this game.   I found people had played this single player game unrealistic ammounts of hours.   One gamer I found had even played over 4000 hours.   That's equal to 100 weeks of full time work,  just about TWO YEARS of gametime, IN just one OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER   Elder Scrolls Game!!!!!

Elder Scrolls not only has a huge base of RPG fans, but a lot of the gamers I seen on steam had ONLY ONE rpg game on their list...   SKYRIM.   SKYRIM has made so many fans elder scrolls game,  and even myself after playing MMO's for many years, SKYRIM is the only OFFLINE game that could ever take me offline.   It was amazing.    A lot of players knew that with SKYRIM, that games have reached a point of realism in gaming that was so real you never wanted to leave it.   SKYRIM was the new standard of not only graphics, but the new benchmark of ignoring all past games and wanting only games of that realism. 

Now that I covered the history of Elder Scrolls,  It has already proven to be successful and set a new benchmark for how good RPG's to follow are going to have to be to beat it out. Now take this game company and make them online.  This is why and how this game will be successful.   

Anyone whos ever played SKYRIM,  will atleast BUY or TRY ESO.   Because most of those players paid the box price for just SKYRIM, a single player game.   ESO is an Online game,  and will last longer then a single player game.   So if people loved SKYRIM to pay box price for it and love it and play it unbelievable hours, even up to 4000 hours, imagine how happy those people would be to play a ONLINE ES game that lasts more hours and gets NEW CONTENT for the whole next decade to come? 

Just because of the amount of gamers who bought SKYRIM, many new gamers to RPG will see this kind of RPG as the way games should be made in the future...   After years of ESO being the top game on the charts of all RPG fans, its natural a lot of teens of NEXT GEN gaming will be heavily indoctrinated with this type of game,  it will Solidify a new NEXT GEN just as a game like wow did,  to be the base benchmark of gamers for this type of old school/next gen RPG, at the very least, a SKYRIM quality or better game benchmark.

So after all of the above can you explain to me what makes ESO next gen?

I'm a beta tester since august 2013, i do think that it will be console players that make up most of the subs though.

It's a decent average mmo with an IP that won't allow it to fail.

• fistormfistorm Smalltown, WIPosts: 836Member Common
    Originally posted by Reklaw

OP: I wil say the game will actually suprise allot of naysayers.

If people watch what the dev team says and follows the progress of the game, and matches it up with the timeline of SKYRIM, and the history of ES games I think its very Obvious that this will be a SKYRIM ONLINE game, I don't understand why people haven't noticed this yet.  I think when devs say it WILL be a SKYRIM online, they find it easier to say that persons a liar, instead of having one thing I find you can do with all ES games,   HAVE TRUST in a game history that has never lied to you before, for OVER 10 YEARS.  Instead, we find people who have been locked up in solitary too long who start to overthink things and make deal breakers that seem almost insignificant to the entire reason we loved all the good things in SKYRIM that will now be put into a SKYRIM ONLINE game.  Its a game RPG die hard fans have been waiting for since the release of SKYRIM in an Online game. 

• immodiumimmodium ManchesterPosts: 1,578Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by karmath

Skyrim is a sandbox, albeit a lesser one compared to others in the ES series.

ES:O Is a themepark clone with the ES IP.

If you cannot grasp these two very simple facts you really should throw your PC out a window.

Skyrim, heck all ES games are not sandbox games. They are non-linear themepark games. All the rides are there for me to ride, I can just ride them in any order I want to.

• JJ82JJ82 Chicago, ILPosts: 1,177Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Adokas
    Originally posted by JJ82
    Originally posted by Torgrim

I'm not planing on playing ESO but your comment about 15 bucks a month are full of lolz.

If I chose to pay those 15 bucks a month I get a full month worth of entertainment while paying the same amount of money on the movies gives me lets say Hobbit, 3 hours of entertainment.

The fact that you think quantity is more important than quality isn't even worth a chuckle. However it does mean TESO could be the game for you.....

The fact that you seem to believe that your perception of value and quality is greater than others, is sad.

The fact that you are taking me saying "I wont pay $15 unless I get my $15 worth out of it" as "it isn't worth it for everyone" isn't even worthy of being called sad.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon UnkownPosts: 565Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by immodium

If you cannot grasp these two very simple facts you really should throw your PC out a window.

Skyrim, heck all ES games are not sandbox games. They are non-linear themepark games. All the rides are there for me to ride, I can just ride them in any order I want to.

Just stop, you have no clue what you're talking about

• AdokasAdokas KristiansandPosts: 217Member
    Originally posted by Torgrim

I'm not planing on playing ESO but your comment about 15 bucks a month are full of lolz.

If I chose to pay those 15 bucks a month I get a full month worth of entertainment while paying the same amount of money on the movies gives me lets say Hobbit, 3 hours of entertainment.

The fact that you think quantity is more important than quality isn't even worth a chuckle. However it does mean TESO could be the game for you.....

The fact that you seem to believe that your perception of value and quality is greater than others, is sad.

The fact that you are taking me saying "I wont pay $15 unless I get my $15 worth out of it" as "it isn't worth it for everyone" isn't even worthy of being called sad.

I pretty much just say it as I see it. These last few pages and your posts, seem to have been nothing but statements about what's valuable and how people are dummies for doing this and that. It's all fine that you think it's not valuable. Others might. No need to force it down others throats.

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

People who think ES games are sandbox games have no clue what they are talking about.

• spizzspizz BlackForrestPosts: 2,587Member

People who think ES games are sandbox games have no clue what they are talking about.

Which single player rpg games do you describe as a sandbox games ?

By the way on youtube recently some players did upload videos about the gameplay, wonder how long they will be visible until bethesda will delete them.

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon
    Disappointment incoming. I do agree that Skyrim is amazing though.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

I think as far as skyrim goes,  You do the first part of the game and kinda choose you faction.  They then have the rebellion path, or the empire path you can take.   Or you can choose NOT to be EITHER.   You can run around the game and do every single thing in the game and it WILL NOT affect the TIMELINE of the MAIN STORY.    I personally would call that sandbox, because you can do anything you want, indefinatly with no timeline consequences.   Others may have a different opinion on what a sandbox is, but for the most part I think doing what ever you want and not be forced to progress through Only one way would be Sandbox in my eyes.   What do you think?

I had bought the Prima Guide on Steam for Skyrim and it says in there also that you can do basicly anything you want after the town, but its advised to progress a few quests down till you get the Dragon Voice.  About a few hours worth of work to get the ability.   So read into that how you will.  I think there will always be a few mandatory goals in every game, including sandbox's, but for the most part I think this is a true sandbox from a lot of peoples point of view.  Which is another reason I think so many found SKYRIM to be amazingly great, and a key feature of the game one I truly think will be carried over to ESO because of how foundational it is and was to SKYRIM, after all the key features have to be in a game any dev would call SKYRIM ONLINE.

Originally posted by spizz

Which single player rpg games do you describe as a sandbox games ?

To my knowledge none.

Sandbox games are something along the lines of Simcity/Theme Park/Hospital/Roller Coaster Tycoon and the king right now, Minecraft to name a few.

If the game does not allow me to terraform, build/destroy all element of the game world it is not a sandbox.

If I could destroy/rebuild/re-design Riften in Skyrim, or even changehow the surrounding landscape looks it would then be a sandbox.

If I could manipulate water flow to power a mill I constructed to grind wheat to make bread to sell it would be a sandbox.

If ES is a sandbox then so is GTA, Farcry and any other open world game. Open World =/= Sandbox.

When an RPG let's me create/destroy the game world then it's a sandbox. The only real sandbox element to Skyrim was the Hearthstone expansion that allowed me to build a house. Even then it was very restrictive with where you could actually build.

I pretty much just say it as I see it in the way I want it to fit my opinion. These last few pages and your posts, seem to have been nothing but statements about what's valuable and how people are dummies for doing this and that. It's all fine that you think it's not valuable. Others might. No need to force it down others throats.

Fixed, cause the irony is rich enough to fund a nation.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster

• ViperDragonViperDragon LlandudnoPosts: 101Member
    Despite some of the negativity, I'm optimistic.  Anyone who can make Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim are a safe bet.

A great list of free games (mostly MMORPGs): http://www.mytop10games.com/

• HatefullHatefull Posts: 774Member Uncommon

Originally posted by -aLpHa-
    No I am dead serious, and I will stand by these words well after release, years into playing ESO when it comes out. I want you to read this post after release and then remember my name, I speculate on every game that comes out with high accuracy.  So in the future when you want to know solid speculations, just look for my name.   Many games I have posted on, and have all been right so far.  I trust myself pretty well.  I hope you can trust me too someday.  if you cant trust me, trust in this guy.... Matt Firor is a vetern of game design he's been around mmo desiging as long as I been playing,  I think he knows 100% what people want and has learned from failure when he first started, I think what he can do more then most game designers can do is make what people want, which is a SKYRIM ONLINE, which is the reason I think they picked him in the first place.   That's why I trust this game isn't some fluff or rip off and I believe it when the devs say this is SKYRIM ONLINE.  We look to the top of whos running things and this one has a long time old school designer who's A+ in my book.  Its like looking at a star quarterback really, and knowing whos going to win the game.If anyone can make a single player quality game ONLINE, it is this guy! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Firor

I already TRUST you explicitly, please show me the light MASTER! Please let me bath in your shadow so i can absorb all that EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE and maybe some of that CLAIRVOYANCE will rub off on me!

I..I have to agree with -aLpHa- here. You like the game, good for you. A lot won't, a lot will. However, Your narcissism does not make your opinions fact.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

To my knowledge none.

Sandbox games are something along the lines of Simcity/Theme Park/Hospital/Roller Coaster Tycoon and the king right now, Minecraft to name a few.

If the game does not allow me to terraform, build/destroy all element of the game world it is not a sandbox.

If I could destroy/rebuild/re-design Riften in Skyrim, or even changehow the surrounding landscape looks it would then be a sandbox.

If I could manipulate water flow to power a mill I constructed to grind wheat to make bread to sell it would be a sandbox.

If ES is a sandbox then so is GTA, Farcry and any other open world game. Open World =/= Sandbox.

When an RPG let's me create/destroy the game world then it's a sandbox. The only real sandbox element to Skyrim was the Hearthstone expansion that allowed me to build a house. Even then it was very restrictive with where you could actually build.

Allow me to point you in the direction of either Nexus or Steams Workshop.

Wow, cant believe someone actually posted that as if people don't know about TESs massive sized modding community, one so large that Bethesda worked with the community and steam while making Skyrim to make sure there was a shop setup and tools out in players hands before the game was even released.

• HellidolHellidol TACOMA, WAPosts: 405Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by -aLpHa-

Skyrim and ESO are two completely different gametypes, i won't even dare compare them.

have you played the beta? The games are comparable, ESO does a lot of things right while leveling, beyond that none of us know. 

If they continue down this path I would foresee ESO doing very very well, good as skyrim not so much but time will tell if they have good end game beyond pvp.

This will be my go to game for sure tho, right now I am playing SWTOR and that game is pretty much crap compared. 

• killion81killion81 A City, MIPosts: 985Member Uncommon
    It should be pretty interesting to see how it all pans out.  I won't be there for launch, but I think the odds are on the side of something similar to a train wreck.  You know you shouldn't care or look, but for some reason you have the urge to witness the mayhem.

To my knowledge none.

Allow me to point you in the direction of either Nexus or Steams Workshop.

Wow, cant believe someone actually posted that as if people don't know about TESs massive sized modding community, one so large that Bethesda worked with the community and steam while making Skyrim to make sure there was a shop setup and tools out in players hands before the game was even released.

I know about mods. I play a heavily modded version of Skyrim.

I haven't played the game for months but if you could point me in the direction of a mod that turns Skyrim, a non-linear themepark game into a fully destructible world that also have the tools to rebuild structures.

A mod that turns Skyrim into Minecraft I would most certainly check out.

Hopefully that's what EQN is going for.

Dev video Minute 5:36  Proves that ESO WILL BE a SANDBOX, being able to do what you when you want and feel like it... isn't that the true definition of SANDBOX?

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/videos/411

• NephaeriusNephaerius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,539Member Uncommon

"Anyone whos ever played SKYRIM,  will atleast BUY or TRY ESO. "

Sorry but I stopped reading here because that's just a ludicrous claim.  For example I have every ES game released to date however I will not bother with ESO at all.

Steam: Neph

• NephaeriusNephaerius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,539Member Uncommon

Dev video Minute 5:36  Proves that ESO WILL BE a SANDBOX, being able to do what you when you want and feel like it... isn't that the true definition of SANDBOX?

Really?  You're going to start claiming that ESO is a sandbox now?  It's a themepark through and through. 

Steam: Neph

The thing is, no one on these forums can agree on what a sandbox is. I've had this debate a number of times. :)

• hammarushammarus minneapolis, MNPosts: 184Member

Ok I will admit it.  I am one of those guys on steam with several THOUSAND hours of game time into Skyrim.  Should I get a job? Sure, but while I look I can have fun too. 

Now, as to ESO being a success.  I'm not saying Im in beta or anything...  BUT ESO is NOT Skyrim!!! Not by a hair not by a mile. As the game stands now it is highly unlikely I will play it.  As its concentrating too much on pvp which is EXACTLY like Guild Wars pvp.  And not enough on the ES IP pve.  Which sadly includes exploration.  Not that there isn't some, its just incredibly limited and the pve plays like a generic mmo.

Its not likely that the game will change between now and launch so. I doubt I will play it.

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,461Member Uncommon

It's definitely not a sandbox. Even the mmorpg.com staff who reported on the game, wrote about it on this site indicated that it's a themepark.

I can't speak about beta but I can speak about my pax "hands on" and it was a theme park.

This discussion has been closed.