Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Greed, OMG the Greed

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by bobdole1979

Define proper space  Does he mean SWG style?  Because that kind of sucked.  If you ever played SWG the space combat was bad.  Nostialgia makes people think it was amazing but it was horribley balanced.  and often very boring as you wouldn't see anyone else

well I am biased because I prefer sandboxes > themeparks so instanced railed content is not my idea of fun, like in SWTOR.

Space content in SWG sucked, and yes, I have been there, was a SWG beta player myself till 2005, but you could do what you wanted, space content in SWTOR is just another warzone instance between a handful of players.

Large scale PVP in SWTOR:

well, I got a I7 CPU, 32GB RAM (which doesnt do anything for games btw lol), game+OS on SSDs, glass fibre internet, and Geforce GTX780 SLI and without any other programs running it still runs *insert negative insult here* when on Voidstar when ppl start spamming aoe and on Fleet at the trade terminals. Seeing the game on other machines with other players showing the same results I come to the conclusion this is simply the wrong engine for a MMO.

The Swtor engine simply is not made for mass pvp, and there have been numerous articles on the Net about it.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• bobdole1979bobdole1979 Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by Muke

Define proper space  Does he mean SWG style?  Because that kind of sucked.  If you ever played SWG the space combat was bad.  Nostialgia makes people think it was amazing but it was horribley balanced.  and often very boring as you wouldn't see anyone else

well I am biased because I prefer sandboxes > themeparks so instanced railed content is not my idea of fun, like in SWTOR.

Space content in SWG sucked, and yes, I have been there, was a SWG beta player myself till 2005, but you could do what you wanted, space content in SWTOR is just another warzone instance between a handful of players.

well, I got a I7 CPU, 32GB RAM (which doesnt do anything for games btw lol), game+OS on SSDs, glass fibre internet, and Geforce GTX780 SLI and without any other programs running it still runs *insert negative insult here* when on Voidstar when ppl start spamming aoe and on Fleet at the trade terminals. Seeing the game on other machines with other players showing the same results I come to the conclusion this is simply the wrong engine for a MMO.

The Swtor engine simply is not made for mass pvp, and there have been numerous articles on the Net about it.

my stats on my laptop and pc are worse then yours and I have never had a problem. 

Honestly it might be because you are using SLI.  Some games have problems with SLI.   Point is its not the engine as we know there are tons of people that stream or put up youtube videos that have no problem.    In fact if the majorty of players had the same problem as you then guess what?  People wouldn't play the game. 

But they do and there are videos of mass pvp 

But again they didn't advertise it as Mass PVP.  However there is Mass PVP and it runs fine on most systems otherwise it wouldn't happen.   Check out twitch tv if you don't beleive me

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Single card here and never had issues in the game. Only weird lag spikes since GA
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Single card here and never had issues in the game. Only weird lag spikes since GA

SHHHHHHH don't say that here they will burn you for being a fan boy 

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Originally posted by simplius

"good" is subjective

its surviving, Theres an element of succes in that, too

did they improve? of course, if they hadnt, they would have shut down

this is the story-driven mmo, that couldnt continue the stories-FAIL

this is the mmo, that boasted large scale PVP, but couldnt handle it-FAIL

this is the STAR WARS mmo, without a proper Space part-FAIL

no matter, how much paint , you slab on the rust, you still wont get rid of it

the very concept of the game is flawed

hint: the Company , that made it, got hit by severe cutbacks

AND, they stopped  the expensive VOs

that wouldnt have happened, if the game was a SUCCESS

Apparently this poster is the single source of truth when it comes to 'success / failures' in MMOs and we should abide by its definition. /Sarcasm

nope. but the market is

will you say, that the market accepted this game? will you call it a success?

look at the raw stats, and tell me, that you do..

my stats on my laptop and pc are worse then yours and I have never had a problem. 

Honestly it might be because you are using SLI.  Some games have problems with SLI.   Point is its not the engine as we know there are tons of people that stream or put up youtube videos that have no problem.    In fact if the majorty of players had the same problem as you then guess what?  People wouldn't play the game. 

But again they didn't advertise it as Mass PVP.  However there is Mass PVP and it runs fine on most systems otherwise it wouldn't happen.   Check out twitch tv if you don't beleive me

the majority ISNT playing this game

1 mio players out of  2,5 mios is a MINORITY

speciallly, when half of them are F2Pers

facepalm you really do fail at reading comprehension don't you.

Majority of Players is the majority of people playing ie the 1 million players.  

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    if you sub you get all your hotbars anyway, swtor is way too restrictive but thats EA for you. other F2P games have it right, swtors model is not right at all

by that defintion, any game will have 100 % of the market..always

because , all of those, who  wants to play, WILL play

in wows case , 100%= 7 mio subs

in swtors case , 100%= 500k subs

there is a difference

i see the problem, too

you focus, solely, on the 1 mio HAPPY players

but, forgetting the 2 mio UNHAPPY ones

the MAJORITY of those, who PAID for this failure

the Money is lost ..big deal

but, no GOOD  SW mmo?  for the next decade?

its not SWG2, but its close..at least, in performance

by that defintion, any game will have 100 % of the market..always

because , all of those, who  wants to play, WILL play

in wows case , 100%= 7 mio subs

in swtors case , 100%= 500k subs

there is a difference

i see the problem, too

you focus, solely, on the 1 mio HAPPY players

but, forgetting the 2 mio UNHAPPY ones

the MAJORITY of those, who PAID for this failure

the Money is lost ..big deal

but, no GOOD  SW mmo?  for the next decade?

its not SWG2, but its close..at least, in performance

what? No we are talking about people who are currently playing the game that are having problems with it.  

But to address your little hissy fit you don't know if its 2 million unhappy players.  There are plenty of MMOs and games in general that I dont' play anymore.  Not because I was unhappy with them but because I moved on for any number of reasons.

To assume that every single person who isn't playing SWTOR is unhappy is just down right stupid.   Hell you can't even assume why anyone but yourself isn't playing the game. 

what..most swtor players are  haunted by real life incidents, that require them , to drop the game?

youre wrong...Again...i can ASSUME, pretty much, what i want, doesnt make it a fact , though

the fact  is still this: they HAD many paying customers, for a very short while

now , they dont have them anymore

people bought it, tried it, and found it wanting

now, they cant even SELL the game anymore. they have to GIVE it away

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Welcome to 2-3 years ago, and welcome to F2P in general. Nothing but disappointment.
  • CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Lol at fans/defenders of this crap game. Only players in this game are some in starting zones and some afk in that central station. After lvl 20 the game is empty.  All planets are empty, with no players. The game is like a single player RPG with an online poor auction house.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

what..most swtor players are  haunted by real life incidents, that require them , to drop the game?

youre wrong...Again...i can ASSUME, pretty much, what i want, doesnt make it a fact , though

We get you don't like it, honest.

But your just one person. kind of reminds me of the hate people have towards WoW tbh, rumours of that games demise abound, and with even less substance to back up their arguments, which is inevitably, none at all. I have no doubt the exact same arguments/statements will be being made this time next year, only probably a bit more desperate because, it didnt fail this year after all. Just goes to show though, give something away for free, and somebody will complain its the wrong colour or something image

• hg2012hg2012 Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by CIB3
    Lol at fans/defenders of this crap game. Only players in this game are some in starting zones and some afk in that central station. After lvl 20 the game is empty.  All planets are empty, with no players. The game is like a single player RPG with an online poor auction house.

That was the case before 1.5, not now though as the levelling players are generally F2P ones.

• TinkerBellCommandoTinkerBellCommando Member UncommonPosts: 25

What a boob. Weekends are heavy traffic. And starting areas i see at least 100 players at a time. I dont know what your smoking. Your just thoses hate boys

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159

dont know what the op is talking about but the game is far from emty there is lots of ppl every where. atlest on my server

• DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249

I know this a lame attempt at a troll post but just in case someone believes this person, on my server right now there are (keeping in mind the Who search cuts off at 100):

500+ people on the Imperial Fleet

350+ people on the Republic Fleet

100+ people on each of Tython, Ord Mantel, Korriban and Hutta

100+ people on Coruscant (levels 10-16) Republic Only

100+ people on Dromund Kaas (10-16) Imperial Only

200+ people on Taris (17-20 Republic and 33-36 Imperial)

200+ people on Nar Shadda (21-33)

200+ people on Tatooine (24-28)

200+ people on Alderaan (29-40)

200+ people on Balmorra (33-36 Republic and 17-20 Imperial)

50 people on Quesh (level 37)

160 people on Hoth (38-41)

120 people on Belsavis (42-44)

107 people on Voss (45-47)

112 people on Corellia (48-50)

166 people on Makeb (51-55)

There also 300+ PVPing, 400+ doing Flashpoints and 300+ doing Operations.

My server is currently listed at Standard population.  Other servers are currently listed at Heavy so they would be more populated.

Yeah, no people.

Originally posted by DaRoamer

I know this a lame attempt at a troll post but just in case someone believes this person, on my server right now there are (keeping in mind the Who search cuts off at 100):

My server is currently listed at Standard population.  Other servers are currently listed at Heavy so they would be more populated.

Yeah, no people.

How dare you bring facts into a forum thread here.  Don't you know the haters will skin you alive for speaking the truth.

Yeah, no people.

How dare you bring facts into a forum thread here.  Don't you know the haters will skin you alive for speaking the truth.

Honestly it probably wasn't worth my time counting for such an obvious troll but I was actually curious.  That's not everyone either, I didn't count places like The Black Hole and Oricon which have a few hundred players or space PVP or people sitting on their ships etc.

Yeah, no people.

keep going,, youre at, roughly, 4k players, Theres still  a LONG  way, to ½ mio subs

from my perspective, it looks like EVEs numbers

500k players- 50k online

Originally posted by Phry

We get you don't like it, honest.

But your just one person. kind of reminds me of the hate people have towards WoW tbh, rumours of that games demise abound, and with even less substance to back up their arguments, which is inevitably, none at all. I have no doubt the exact same arguments/statements will be being made this time next year, only probably a bit more desperate because, it didnt fail this year after all. Just goes to show though, give something away for free, and somebody will complain its the wrong colour or something image

i loved wow, subbed for 5+ years, sorry bud

swtor didnt tank? they didnt go F2P? okay, tell us , what DID happen?

let me guess...are they nr 1 now?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by DaRoamer Originally posted by CIB3 Lol at fans/defenders of this crap game. Only players in this game are some in starting zones and some afk in that central station. After lvl 20 the game is empty.  All planets are empty, with no players. The game is like a single player RPG with an online poor auction house.
    I know this a lame attempt at a troll post but just in case someone believes this person, on my server right now there are (keeping in mind the Who search cuts off at 100): 500+ people on the Imperial Fleet 350+ people on the Republic Fleet 100+ people on each of Tython, Ord Mantel, Korriban and Hutta 100+ people on Coruscant (levels 10-16) Republic Only 100+ people on Dromund Kaas (10-16) Imperial Only 200+ people on Taris (17-20 Republic and 33-36 Imperial) 200+ people on Nar Shadda (21-33) 200+ people on Tatooine (24-28) 200+ people on Alderaan (29-40) 200+ people on Balmorra (33-36 Republic and 17-20 Imperial) 50 people on Quesh (level 37) 160 people on Hoth (38-41) 120 people on Belsavis (42-44) 107 people on Voss (45-47) 112 people on Corellia (48-50) 166 people on Makeb (51-55) There also 300+ PVPing, 400+ doing Flashpoints and 300+ doing Operations. My server is currently listed at Standard population.  Other servers are currently listed at Heavy so they would be more populated. Yeah, no people.
    keep going,, youre at, roughly, 4k players, Theres still  a LONG  way, to ½ mio subs

500k players- 50k online

I think you've missed the point. They weren't trying to do the impossible and calculate the number of people playing the entire game, they were showing that there are indeed people in every area and every zone. It shows the difference between perception of something and what's really happening.

There are a lot of people playing SWToR. Of the Western MMORPGs, SWToR is #2, with WoW as #1. This isn't bad for a "fail" game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Yeah, no people.

500k players- 50k online

Well, actually, if you had bothered to read you would have seen that the /who cuts off at 100 search results so I listed places like Coruscant as 100+ but when I go there there are generally around 160-200 people during prime time.  Coruscant is one of the few planets that doesn't split into instances so you can easily see how many people are there.   For example there are currently 102 people on Dromund Kaas, at 10:30am EST on a Monday morning when the server is showing Light.  I also said in my follow up post that there were places I didn't search for and include in my list.  Oricon, the newest daily area, definitely had well over 100 people in it, closer to 200. 

So likely there were between 5000-6000 people on the server.  So let's carry that further, I went and looked and all the European servers were showing Standard since it was prime time there and the US servers were all showing Standard except 3 which were Heavy.   So since there are 17 servers with around 5000-6000 players each we're looking at 85,000-102,000 players logged in right at the moment.  Likely more since I didn't count Heavy servers.

Using industry estimates that between %5 and 10% of users are logged in at any one time were can see that there are between 1-2 million active players.  Those numbers falls in line with what Eric Musco said the active player population was recently which was over 10 million accounts and 1 million active monthly players.

Also, as LizardBones said, I was also trying to show that there were players everywhere doing all sorts of content.  The game is very healthy.

• Kicksave321Kicksave321 Member CommonPosts: 262

Yeah, no people.

500k players- 50k online

Well, actually, if you had bothered to read you would have seen that the /who cuts off at 100 search results so I listed places like Coruscant as 100+ but when I go there there are generally around 160-200 people during prime time.  Coruscant is one of the few planets that doesn't split into instances so you can easily see how many people are there.   For example there are currently 102 people on Dromund Kaas, at 10:30am EST on a Monday morning when the server is showing Light.  I also said in my follow up post that there were places I didn't search for and include in my list.  Oricon, the newest daily area, definitely had well over 100 people in it, closer to 200. 

So likely there were between 5000-6000 people on the server.  So let's carry that further, I went and looked and all the European servers were showing Standard since it was prime time there and the US servers were all showing Standard except 3 which were Heavy.   So since there are 17 servers with around 5000-6000 players each we're looking at 85,000-102,000 players logged in right at the moment.  Likely more since I didn't count Heavy servers.

Using industry estimates that between %5 and 10% of users are logged in at any one time were can see that there are between 1-2 million active players.  Those numbers falls in line with what Eric Musco said the active player population was recently which was over 10 million accounts and 1 million active monthly players.

Also, as LizardBones said, I was also trying to show that there were players everywhere doing all sorts of content.  The game is very healthy.

Oh you can't  be posting accurate up to date information on Swtor and think the ones who have been whining, crying and lying about a video game they don't play for over 2 1/2 years now will understand.

This site allows and encourages this depressing behavior not just with Swtor but any game.  It's well known this site caters to the haters.  You try to correct them bam your banned.  You call them out bam your banned,  you provide facts and make the haters look like fools they won't engage you in a discussion nope the have a macro set up for the report button.  Does this site care if the person reporting you spams every single Swtor post with the same lies, crys, and misinformation nope that's allowed here.  

Swtor or is a very healthy game the same 5 posters crying, whining, lying and posting misinformation and only accurate rants are always preluded by "at launch" "six months after launch" and "had". They have no clue or interest or ability to understand the current state of the game.