Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best sand box game

please ty.

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

DAoC pirate servers really? your like some dodgy drug pusher hanging around a schoolyard. image

Eve online though, is the best one, but you might want to look at the list of games here on MMORPG, each is pretty well reviewed, give or take image

• Mr_WolfxMr_Wolfx Member Posts: 176
    Hands down, Eve. Even if you don't like the game, it's one of the only complete and still populated sandbox's around.

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    in last 10 years it is Eve , in next 10 years it is Eve
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

EVE ofc, nothing comes close.

If you dont want complexity or space theme of EVE, you can try Age of Wulin or Fallen Earth (both are not real sandbox games, but offer many sandbox features)

• btraillbtraill Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I do agree Eve is a good sandbox, however; to say it is the only one is a little far-fetched... Runescape is also a sandbox.
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    EvE, hands down. Nothing comes close.

• cronos1013cronos1013 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Scagweed22
    please ty.

The only viable sandbox game on the market now is Eve Online, but this year will see the release of TheRepopulation, and possibly ArchAge from Trion

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Wurm Online, this has been said numerous times.
  • ShezziShezzi Member Posts: 126

Well, Eve is interesting but complicated in a gameplay sense. I think some aspects of the game have too much grind, and I don't like the way characters train. It's a gimic to keep players subbed.

In the game, the politics are over the top and narcissistic. Also, CCP's plex microtransactions make the economy a bit of a joke, and though the Eve economy is touted as being realistic, it wouldn't surprise me if it gets secretly tweaked or assisted from time to time by CCP.

Eve's mining and crafting systems are super boring. On the other hand, the Pvp is great. So like I said, it's complicated. I wouldn't go back to Eve personally. It's too time-consuming to do right.  I get the feeling that there are a lot of players with multiple accounts, and that the multiple account benefits are the reason for Eve's sub numbers being healthy. Dust didn't turn out as well as I hoped either.

I'm hoping that new types of sandbox game will do well. I'll give EQ Next a go, and see if they give sandbox a new spin. Also, I'm hoping that Sony's coming SWG-type MMO will be interesting in a sandbox way.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Eve.  It's the only good sandbox game that exists.