Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Such a great game, but to many hackers.

WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

So I been playing PS2 and I have been having a blast, no lag running at 60 FPS , very engaging combat, great looking world and lay out, I love it all but one thing killed it for me.

I come across god dam hackers, like an army of them, those loser no life bastards that need every tooth knocked out of there mouth come and ruin the game for me, at first I thought well maybe its just one or two hackers, but then I see like 10 hackers over the coarse of a days play time, I mean aimbot, speed hacks some other shit I never knew even existed, I even saw a dude make his character move so fast in one place that his image looked like some sort of hologram  making it hard for people to him hit.

This is the problem with free games, cheap low lives come with hacks with no worries because all they do if they get caught is create another email, and the funny thing is all the hackers I saw were rank 5 - 10 so you know those characters were remakes due to being ban before I bet.

SOE needs a Pay to Play server, a $10-15 a month server to keep hackers away, well at least the smart ones, dumb hackers will pay, get ban and lose money.

I was going to sub just for the perks but after the hacking and having to be put on the same free servers, no way in hell now.

Anyways after this experience I am not looking forward to any free to play games, I will only invest in games that are buy to play or pay to play from here on out, and yes I saw hackers in pay games before but not 10 in one night nor did those hackers last more then a few days before getting perma ban.

Anyways what are your thoughts on the subject?

Comments

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

/report 'name'

I've seen GM's on that will broadcast to send them tells if you see any as well. While I have seen some they are by no means rampant enough to make me stop playing and obvious enough to get banned pretty quick. Your right tho they can just keep coming back.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Been playing PS2 (off and on I admit) since Tech test and have seen maybe 2 legitimate hackers.

We all know the reason people scream hacker. Very seldom is it a verifiable reason. Oh the two hackers I did witness, lasted about ten minutes, one less than 2 minutes. SOE takes care of hackers and they are in no way as rampant as you are trying to say here.

At the Risk of insulting you, which is not my intent, you have not been playing the game long enough to understand how it works, the hologram thing sounds like an Infil to me. Anyway, get better at the game before you come here and try to convince people it is full of hackers. Just advice, take it or leave it.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Hatefull

Been playing PS2 (off and on I admit) since Tech test and have seen maybe 2 legitimate hackers.

We all know the reason people scream hacker. Very seldom is it a verifiable reason. Oh the two hackers I did witness, lasted about ten minutes, one less than 2 minutes. SOE takes care of hackers and they are in no way as rampant as you are trying to say here.

At the Risk of insulting you, which is not my intent, you have not been playing the game long enough to understand how it works, the hologram thing sounds like an Infil to me. Anyway, get better at the game before you come here and try to convince people it is full of hackers. Just advice, take it or leave it.

You're right I only been playing for 2 days, im only rank 9, I do know about the Inf stealth, this was not it, this looked like hologram but the guy was moving so fast in one place that bullets went though him, it was strange I never seen anything like it.

As for hacks, i know aimbot when i see it, i been around the block lol I even admit to using aimbot before just to test it out, I know it's shameful, another hack was this one dude hit me with a rocket launcher and took out my bird when i was pretty much at the top of the maps air space, no other plains around just a kill from a heavy Arti luncher, after my death i could of swore this dude was flying without a aircraft lol, looked like Ironman or some shit lol.

Another hack is the hack that lets you see though walls, this sniper head shots me from a mile away with just my eye ball peeking around the corner, now im sorry no man alive is that skilled, he knew I was behind the wall and shot me with a perfect shot, now it could of been a one and a million chance but then i saw i wasnt the only victim, so lol

Also this one Sniper mind you, took 4 hits direct hits from my rocket launcher and took no damage, i get killed by this dude after i run out of ammo he stealths up to me and knifes me with one hit, BAM, dead, I then saw he had full shields and health, so this was a hack as well, mind you this all happen today as i pretty much played all day, I had nothing better to do today, no work, no kids just me and my games, mainly Planetside 2 and like I said i feel in love with this game, so much so that i was going to sub and commit to this as my go to FPS shooter mmo, but i will not due to the hacking i seen, I will still play but subbing is out of the question until i see something done with the hacking, I seen more hacking in one day playing PS2 then I saw in my 7 years of WoW.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    Originally posted by Warjin

You're right I only been playing for 2 days, im only rank 9, I do know about the Inf stealth, this was not it, this looked like hologram but the guy was moving so fast in one place that bullets went though him, it was strange I never seen anything like it.

As for hacks, i know aimbot when i see it, i been around the block lol I even admit to using aimbot before just to test it out, I know it's shameful, another hack was this one dude hit me with a rocket launcher and took out my bird when i was pretty much at the top of the maps air space, no other plains around just a kill from a heavy Arti luncher, after my death i could of swore this dude was flying without a aircraft lol, looked like Ironman or some shit lol.

Another hack is the hack that lets you see though walls, this sniper head shots me from a mile away with just my eye ball peeking around the corner, now im sorry no man alive is that skilled, he knew I was behind the wall and shot me with a perfect shot, now it could of been a one and a million chance but then i saw i wasnt the only victim, so lol

Also this one Sniper mind you, took 4 hits direct hits from my rocket launcher and took no damage, i get killed by this dude after i run out of ammo he stealths up to me and knifes me with one hit, BAM, dead, I then saw he had full shields and health, so this was a hack as well, mind you this all happen today as i pretty much played all day, I had nothing better to do today, no work, no kids just me and my games, mainly Planetside 2 and like I said i feel in love with this game, so much so that i was going to sub and commit to this as my go to FPS shooter mmo, but i will not due to the hacking i seen, I will still play but subbing is out of the question until i see something done with the hacking, I seen more hacking in one day playing PS2 then I saw in my 7 years of WoW.

Hmm, while it is reasonable to expect some hacking in an online game, especially one which uses client-side hit detection, I believe you're exaggerating....

1) The "hologram" man is actually a display bug, sometimes death animation does not play properly and the flickering image of the player slides across the ground at huge speed (or still, depends on how he died). If you look closely you'll see "death" model at the feet of the frozen "living" one.

2) The heavy who got you might have been using a air-lock-on launcher.. Did you get a lock message flashing on your screen? Or maybe it was just a very lucky shot from an unguided launcher? I'd report such a thing only if it happens at least twice in a row..

3) Sniping... There is a thing called tagging enemies. That's what the pros do. Press q before you start to fire. This places a small triangle right above the head of the enemy for all your allies to see - invaluable in low light conditions such as night and smoke. Maxes who can't cert vision enhancement scopes, tank snipers and AV turret engis will adore you for using it (and you'll get a nice xp bonus for each kill you tagged). Anyways I've made quite a few actual headshots using an AV turret, in the dark, at 200+ meters, by first tagging the enemy as he ducks for cover and than waiting for the telltale triangle to appear. Anyway, it is possible that the sniper who's been killing you was using just such a technique (and a 12x scope) -Solution? Never stop moving. Never. Especially in a sniper infested area. All bullets in the game have hefty travel times and this has a huge impact on sniper play. Sniping a stationary target is ridiculously easy.. sniping a moving one (especially if erratic) at more than 100-150m is almost impossible. Long range snipers are not some death gods in PS2 - they're here to pick off afk-ers, noobs, turret engis and rival snipers.

4) The unkillable sniper.. well it does sound like a hack, tho I've never seen anything like it... He might have been using the medikit tho I don't know how he could have survived the hits.. Maybe you've been using an AP launcher, not hitting directly but just the wall behind him? The ap launchers have miniscule splash damage.. I know this might be a stretch but this in combination with medikit might explain it. Anyway, you should have reported him and let SOE sort it out.

I've been playing PS2 for the past 2 months and I can't say I've seen much hacking (if any). The only instance I recall is when I got headshot 2 times  in a row while behind my AV turret... by a guy using a SMG. He might have been aimbotting or just incredibly lucky. Dunno. Anyway IMO you should give PS2 a bit more time cause it really is a fine game; it being a F2P is in no way a reflection of its quality - its an AAA title through and through. Try out all the classes and vehicles, get a bit more of a feel of things and you'll see that most of those hacks are just skilled players. (My specialty is sniping with an AV turret - I'm sure there are dozens of enemy snipers who firmly believe I'm a hacker cause i know exactly which pixel to hit right under the little red triangle...)

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

The problem with hackers is less that it's rampant and more that you can never quite be sure. We've all had those situations of being headshotted at a full run from a distance off and thinking "no way anyone could make that shot". But sometimes they can.

When I'm suspicious of someone for aimbotting I tab over to my browser and go to players.planetside2.com to look up their killboard. Sometimes they are and it's obvious. But sometimes he's just been sitting there waiting for the shot and you asked for it.

To get better at making that determination, you need to know a lot about how the game runs. For example:

• Your camera is mid-chest. So you might think you're barely poking out but your head or shoulder are revealed a lot more.
    • Due to natural latency, others see you 0.2 - 0.4 seconds behind where you see yourself. That means you think you're behind cover while they can still shoot you.
    • Positioning is controlled client-side. So if one of you gets a lag spike you'll get bouncing, spinning, impossible movements. (Personally I've had major issues with Waterson for the last day and got to watch a tank ballet as they spin through the air. Can't imagine what people saw me doing.)
    • Damage in is NOT client-side. There's no hack that can make you immune to damage. However, a server-side bug could. (This happened a few times to ESFs.) But no hack could trigger that.

So the problem is less that there's a lot of them and more that there's enough to make us all insecure. That might be unavoidable though. And learning the technical details will help you figure out how, and play better too.

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

I'm level 65 and am playing since release and I'm only "sure" of 1 guy aimboting me in all this time.

I've played many many other FPS games during last decade or two and this one is for me on top when it comes to hack free gaming.

I'm not saying there are none, I'm 100% sure there are cheaters, like I'm sure you can find a cheater in every online game out there. But undercover cheaters are nigh impossible to spot as a gamer, and if you're any good you would know that a day in an FPS game is full of OH LOL moments when you manage to do wierd shit, kill streaks, suicide runs and blind shootings and such that could easily perceive as cheating for the one on the wrong side of your bullet.

In massive PS2 battles this is even more so because there is simply too many people, too many ways and too many factors that you could all control at one time.

And even than if you are mad and think someone is cheating on you, you swap zone and probably never see that guy again. That's another beauty in PS2.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Hacking in pvp generally means the other guy won.
  • KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Have not played ps2 for a few months now but i never noticed any hackers during my time. Might give it a blast tonight.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Yep, and if you win, you're the greatest player ever :D

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

So I been playing PS2 and I have been having a blast, no lag running at 60 FPS , very engaging combat, great looking world and lay out, I love it all but one thing killed it for me.

I come across god dam hackers, like an army of them, those loser no life bastards that need every tooth knocked out of there mouth come and ruin the game for me, at first I thought well maybe its just one or two hackers, but then I see like 10 hackers over the coarse of a days play time, I mean aimbot, speed hacks some other shit I never knew even existed, I even saw a dude make his character move so fast in one place that his image looked like some sort of hologram  making it hard for people to him hit.

This is the problem with free games, cheap low lives come with hacks with no worries because all they do if they get caught is create another email, and the funny thing is all the hackers I saw were rank 5 - 10 so you know those characters were remakes due to being ban before I bet.

SOE needs a Pay to Play server, a $10-15 a month server to keep hackers away, well at least the smart ones, dumb hackers will pay, get ban and lose money.

I was going to sub just for the perks but after the hacking and having to be put on the same free servers, no way in hell now.

Anyways after this experience I am not looking forward to any free to play games, I will only invest in games that are buy to play or pay to play from here on out, and yes I saw hackers in pay games before but not 10 in one night nor did those hackers last more then a few days before getting perma ban.

Anyways what are your thoughts on the subject?

You need to learn the game more :P  for example the hologram thing is a skill for the infiltrators which makes them close to invisable . Maxes get a skill that allows them to charge so run fast for a short duration of time,  i havant seen a hack in PS2 for a long long time personaly, the aimbot hack ur probaly thinking is the vanu guns those weapons have practicaly no recoil but they do lower dmg.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

As for wall hacks, infiltrators get motion sensors to see location on minimap, also shooting reveals urself on the mini map aswell, u can see bullet projectiles aswell so u can narrow the location down that way if there firing aswell (hip fire realy easy to pinpoint their location before entering trhe building)

As for flying without aircraft, light assults get acess to jet packs

As for aim bot on snipers or anyother gun for that matter, if your using a aimbot with a sniper ull will never get a head shot due to bullet trigonomty, Rockets also get affected by gravity so aimbots usless there aswell there are some people that are good aiming rockets and can hit players at a good distance aswell but thats just practice.

if u miss by a small amount with rockets it wont 1 shot especialy if they are using flak armor also knifes dont 1 shot anything. if he had full hp still i would assuming ti was another infiltrator cming up from behind or somthing.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

I'm too busy fighting the hit detection, bugged out syncing and other FPS detrimental stuff to tell if someone is hacking. It's unplayable.  The game is probably amazing on LAN though.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

SOE, being the incompetents they are, still program games (and poorly) like it is 1999 and EQ is king.

On top of the many exploits, serious imbalances, and "oversights" found in most SOE games (do they even do QA testing before launch?), they put WAY, WAY too much stuff client side, because you could do that in 1999, before the birth of the "script kiddie" phenomenon and get away with it.

But guess what? It ain't 1999 anymore and there are dozens of client side hacks available for PS2 (do a 10 second google search) made all too easy by SOE itself. Other companies put most of the critical calculations server side, but not SOE!

Plus, SOE, by their messed up F2P business model, give people EVERY INCENTIVE to cheat.

The OP assumes it is just "low lifes" that cheat in PS2, but the fact is the more people you kill in game, the less real money you have to spend on things, so people don't just cheat for the fun of cheating, they do it to save money!

SOE is incompetent on many levels, and what you are seeing here is simply a reflection of that.

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179

I saw a few instances of the flying superman hack when I played.   It's not a light assault or Lock-On Launcher.  I can confirm, plenty of people saw and confirmed it during a battle.   Warping around and flying after aircraft with a rocket launcher.    Another time it was simply a guy teleporting around assassinating people repairing a base turrets and such.  

There's been a few aimbots.   Sure, there are plenty of skilled Snipers, but aimbots are very possible as well.  I don't think it's fair to just dismiss the dudes claims saying he doesn't know the game.    It played no part in me quitting, but I definately saw some hacks, nothing as rampant as all that in a day, just over the course of playing.    

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

All Points Bulletin was P2P and if im not mistaken it had aimbots way before it became F2P.

F2P isnt the reason for cheaters to be in a game. Call of duty has hackers/cheaters even on console. Max Payne 3 has an amazing multiplayer and the PC version is disgustingly plagued with hackers and cheaters. Those games arent F2P, you need to purchase them to play, and still have cheaters.

I havent seen any cheater on Planetside 2 but ive seen people complaining about them and that really sucks. SOE needs to do something about it.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    i play a  PS2 a lot, and i have to say, there doesnt seem to be as many hackers lately as there have been in the past, whether its because SOE are cutting them down or not i have no idea, but they are still there, i encountered one today just before the servers went down for maintenance, but that was just one in the last 5 days (that i'm aware of!) its not that big a deal, as their really just annoying more than anything else, i don't know what satisfaction hackers get out of it tbh, as hacking is not a replacement for player skill, thats something that everybody knows. But yes, whenever know for sure someone is hacking, their reported en-masse by the whole outfit, i don't know how quickly SOE deal with it, but compared to 3 or 4 months ago, there are nowhere near as many of them. image
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    I dont find that many hackers are in the game really. Besides theres nothing one hacker can do against a full platoon outfit so why dont you join an outfit and keelzor?
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by DamonVile

I was trying to say this, but gently. So it wouldn't shock the poor lad too hard when he realizes, GAH! I am JUST NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!

So anyway, yeah.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Alpha squad here. I've only seen 2-3 maybe, in the past year and a half. Now, I hear some one say "that guys a hacker!" atleast twice a week.  Most the time it's the same 2 or 3 guys saying it lol. 

Some people are reeealy good and sometimes people get lucky. I think this accounts for 99% of alleged hackers.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Been playing since Tech test and to be honest there is not as many hackers as you make out. I have seen a total of 6 hackers in 1 year playing and all 6 where removed from the game 24 hours after reporting. The game is not as bad as you make out I am not sure if it is the server you are playing on but Mattherson I have never really seen that many hackers at all. Yeah sometimes I die to questionable things but after checking stats on the person in question they usually have terrible stats making it more like they just got lucky. 

In short SOE are pretty active against the hackers and they do try and prevent it. This is a MMOFPS and you will get people troll hacking but on the server I am on it is not very often you see this at all. For me there is nothing more rewarding than killing someone trying to ruin others experience of the game. 

The best thing to do is /report ignore them do not send them tells and move to another location. If it is really as bad as you make out then move servers to one that has less trolls hacking the game. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Wicoa
    I dont find that many hackers are in the game really. Besides theres nothing one hacker can do against a full platoon outfit so why dont you join an outfit and keelzor?

that might be the case in Planetside 2. That reminds me the hackers in Max Payne 3 multiplayer... a few  people (me included)  with shotguns and dual pistols unleashing hell on one guy and his health bar didnt even move and he one shot everyone with a single pistol.

EDIT: edited to say that after seeing that many times in many matches i uninstalled and have regretted buying anything with multiplayer on PC coming from Rockstar.

Originally posted by Burntvet

SOE, being the incompetents they are, still program games (and poorly) like it is 1999 and EQ is king.

On top of the many exploits, serious imbalances, and "oversights" found in most SOE games (do they even do QA testing before launch?), they put WAY, WAY too much stuff client side, because you could do that in 1999, before the birth of the "script kiddie" phenomenon and get away with it.

But guess what? It ain't 1999 anymore and there are dozens of client side hacks available for PS2 (do a 10 second google search) made all too easy by SOE itself. Other companies put most of the critical calculations server side, but not SOE!

Plus, SOE, by their messed up F2P business model, give people EVERY INCENTIVE to cheat.

The OP assumes it is just "low lifes" that cheat in PS2, but the fact is the more people you kill in game, the less real money you have to spend on things, so people don't just cheat for the fun of cheating, they do it to save money!

SOE is incompetent on many levels, and what you are seeing here is simply a reflection of that.

There is no current tech to make it server side I am glad you do not work for SOE the game would be unplayable if hit detection and everything else was server sided. And you think F2P is done wrong? Go play some of the Asian MMO's where you spend close to $1000 for a PvP weapon that 1 shots people while the free players have to hit the person for 2 mins to take them down then come back here and complain about the F2P model. 

And by the way Mr do a 10 second google search to find hacks. DC comes up first. Guess what they discontinued it because SOE detected it and mass banned all people with the client. 

Next one that comes up is AA - Guess what it got discontinued also same reason mass detection and not enough clients paying to hack and the fact these small patches SOE was throwing out made the person getting the values had to spend too much time remaking the hack. 

There is 3 others that are discontinued also for other reasons. 

There is currently 2 that are supposed to be working but are detected due to something SOE added last patch. One of them uses custom drivers to hide the hack but there is an issue with their driver set that someone tipped SOE off about making that also detected and enabled last patch.

Do your research before you post. I would like to know these imbalances you talk about as my K/D on all 3 factions is pretty consistent.

Also this one Sniper mind you, took 4 hits direct hits from my rocket launcher and took no damage, i get killed by this dude after i run out of ammo he stealths up to me and knifes me with one hit, 

That is a Sync issue that SOE does need to fix. It is not a hack the server does it to some outfit members sometimes. When someone is out of sync they can not shoot people dead they have to knife to kill. Most people actually notice they are out of sync and redeploy so that they do not get a bad name from it. Lucky it is a rare issue but either way does need to be fixed.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    [mod edit]
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Between having toons on Connery, Mattherson, Waterson and Miller I think Mattherson has the worst amount of hackers. Everytime an alert comes up there's always 1 or 2 people that completely obliterate everyone with a stupid AV turret or some BS like that, which is why I don't bother with alerts let alone Mattherson anymore. Mattherson has been a garbage server for a long time now, I regret having my main toon on there, been waiting for transfer tokens since forever to get the hell off there.

There has been reports of it happening on Connery too but I guess I'm lucky not to be victim of it.