Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everything is easy-mode except,,,

I went back to wow recently after 8 odd years (perhaps 7), and the entire game has been turned into easy-mode except for one thing.  The dam recovery time.  I wish they had maintained other more grindy aspects of the game, but having to eat every third fight to recover health is just dull.  

It is almost this alone that is making me want to leave again.  

Anyway, I got that off my chest.  

Comments

• SzqqqSzqqq Member UncommonPosts: 38
    What class do you play?
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by LittleBoot

I went back to wow recently after 8 odd years (perhaps 7), and the entire game has been turned into easy-mode except for one thing.  The dam recovery time.  I wish they had maintained other more grindy aspects of the game, but having to eat every third fight to recover health is just dull.  

Everything is easy mode except this one thing, wtf! make it easy too or I will leave!

Need I really say what is wrong with that post?

• LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326
    tank monk, and I am playing slightly above my level, but only slightly. 
    Originally posted by Dihoru

Everything is easy mode except this one thing, wtf! make it easy too or I will leave!

As I said, I like some of the other more grindy elements from wow vanilla.  But making recovery times unnecessarily slow is just a pain n the arse. 

(Too may people on this site enjoy taking cheap shots) 

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232

As I said, I like some of the other more grindy elements from wow vanilla.  But making recovery times unnecessarily slow is just a pain n the arse. 

Too many people on this site enjoy complaining over the stupidest ish.

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

Originally posted by Deadlyne

Too many people on this site enjoy complaining over the stupidest ish.

Simply put I would have happily kept all the 'grind' in vanilla (it wasn't grind to me, they had the balance about right); but the one thing I never liked was the unnecessary down time between fights.  That is probably the only thing I would have wanted to change- or at least to add a rest mode.  

I don't think this wish is all that outlandish.  

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Wow can be an easy game, if you choose to do easy things. WoW can also be a hard game, if you choose to do hard things. The ability to choose your degree of difficulty is one of the great features of the game.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

I dont like the removal of the talent trees, but...

Your answer lies in your talents.  There is no reason not to swap out to solo talents/glyphs while soloing since the cost of doing so is negligible.  I doubt there is a class out there without some kind of reasonable small self heal option.  The new system does work well for things like this.

Also, heroic raiding and rated battle grounds are far from easy mode.  But yes, sadly the normal single group and solo stuff is pretty damn easy.  There are definitely challenging solo areas though unless you are heroic raid geared or a death knight.  Dino Isle, Timeless Isle, Warbringers, plenty of things you can push yourself with.

And if you are taking that much damage you are either undergeared or not making an effort to avoid damage.  Run out of attacks, use interrupts,  etc.  And use bandages, cloth is plentiful.
    Originally posted by syriinx
    And if you are taking that much damage you are either undergeared or not making an effort to avoid damage.  Run out of attacks, use interrupts,  etc.  And use bandages, cloth is plentiful.

maybe true.  As I said, it is only every several fights I need to heal but food my level barely touches 1/4 of my health and bandages that I have learnt thus far (and I am keeping pace) do sweet fa. 

It still feels like unnecessary and slightly irritating downtime.  

maybe true.  As I said, it is only every several fights I need to heal but food my level barely touches 1/4 of my health and bandages that I have learnt thus far (and I am keeping pace) do sweet fa. 

what class/spec?  ive never heard of any downtime while soloing unless you are really stretching the limits of your class/gear.  

what class/spec?  ive never heard of any downtime while soloing unless you are really stretching the limits of your class/gear.  

Its ok, I had been down the pub and forgot to buff.  Sorry about that.  

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no down time levelling in Word of Warcraft what so ever, Unless you are queuing for a dungeon.

Originally posted by Kanester

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no down time levelling in Word of Warcraft what so ever, Unless you are queuing for a dungeon.

It's ok, it is sorted.  The problem was excess beer.  

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Kanester

It's ok, it is sorted.  The problem was excess beer.  

Haha. glad you got it sorted. ;)

• MMOVet82MMOVet82 Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Boardwalker
    Wow can be an easy game, if you choose to do easy things. WoW can also be a hard game, if you choose to do hard things. The ability to choose your degree of difficulty is one of the great features of the game.

As I'm coming back from a 3.5 year hiatus I have to be honest: This really does seem to be the case and I'm pleasantly surprised. 

I have absolutely no problem with them making the game easier and more accessible to the casual player provided that the hardcore player still has venues and routes available to them that let them separate themselves from the pack. 

I will probably be shot for saying this but again: I'm pleasantly surprised with the state of the game today. Not everything that has changed is for the worse. Not by any means. 

This is coming from a Vanilla raider. 

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by MMOVet82

As I'm coming back from a 3.5 year hiatus I have to be honest: This really does seem to be the case and I'm pleasantly surprised. 

I have absolutely no problem with them making the game easier and more accessible to the casual player provided that the hardcore player still has venues and routes available to them that let them separate themselves from the pack. 

I will probably be shot for saying this but again: I'm pleasantly surprised with the state of the game today. Not everything that has changed is for the worse. Not by any means. 

I like how they made the content accessable to all so people can at least experience it yet have content for those more dedicated.  The only realy qualm I have with MoP is lack of dungeons tiered dungeons like how with ICC you had those harder dungeons, but they have stated that dungeons will be added throughout WoD.

People tend to forget what it was like before LFD tool came out and like to hate on WoW.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Originally posted by furbans
    Originally posted by MMOVet82

I like how they made the content accessable to all so people can at least experience it yet have content for those more dedicated.  The only realy qualm I have with MoP is lack of dungeons tiered dungeons like how with ICC you had those harder dungeons, but they have stated that dungeons will be added throughout WoD.

People tend to forget what it was like before LFD tool came out and like to hate on WoW.

I've nothing against casual gamers, but lets not forget this game had more than 8 mil. subs before the casualization begun, so obviously a lot of people liked the harder and grindier version of wow.

I wish Blizzard had made a new type of server with slower and harder set of rules for those who loved the old game, like me. It's too late now, i know, but that would have kept me playing a lot longer and i've no doubt many new players would have liked it better than the current game as well.

Originally posted by deniter

I've nothing against casual gamers, but lets not forget this game had more than 8 mil. subs before the casualization begun, so obviously a lot of people liked the harder and grindier version of wow.

Correlation and causation are two completely different things

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Some aspects of WoW are very easy I agree with that. But you can make it a very difficult game. Some of the content is still very hard, any of the heroic raids are difficult, so difficult in fact that you basically have to have a frequent group of the same people running with you otherwise you wont ever progress.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

Maybe get better food then? It takes like a few seconds of eating to get back to full health.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Seems to me that not many people have completed Siege of Orgrimmar on Heroic even though it's been available for quite some time so far. I don't know what this easy talk is, I think people saying that have not even tried the harder content. Also have you ever tried to lead a group of people all with varying skill sets? And make it work? and make them all get along? It's not as "easy" as people are saying.
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

They are, and the math is a bit more complicated than what i posted. But that does mean there was nothing wrong in the original version of wow, doesn't it, and there were enough people willing to pay for it to make WoW a phenomenon of a decade.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

Nice said.

But, grinding for duneon set 1, then dungeon set 2, then dungeon set 3, then raid attunement for 40 (25 today), then grinding gear with fire resistance wasn't hard - just took a lot time.

They are, and the math is a bit more complicated than what i posted. But that does mean there was nothing wrong in the original version of wow, doesn't it, and there were enough people willing to pay for it to make WoW a phenomenon of a decade.

1.  There is no math involved.  Its not like we know x people quit because of change y but z people stayed because of it

2.  It doesnt mean much of anything.  WoW's player loss is pretty natural for a game of its age and its tapped most of its potential new customers by now

That said, I rally hope they bring back BC level of dungeon difficulty in WoD.   Challenge mode was a bad idea, because it enforces the go go go mentality thats ruining dungeons in every mmo.