Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: The Year in Review Plus a Look Forward to 2014

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The PlanetSide 2 team has released a new video to shine the spotlight on all the happenings in game during the epic year 2013. In addition, a few hints are dropped along the way as to what players can expect in 2014.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• saunasauna Member UncommonPosts: 62
    F'in awesome game!
  • ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Best MMO in ages.

When in doubt, troll.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    still waiting for an urban setting.
  • toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228

This game is really the most dynamic I have played in a long time. I understand a lot of people are bitter about 3 continents and lack of stuff being put in recently, but with as little as they have in the game currently, it is the only one that I can say changes every day. Sure, the battles for territory are the same, but outcomes, tactics and everything else really changes up how things are won or lost.

If you are bored with this game, take a look at the people you run with. TBH if you are not running with an organized squad or outfit, then that is a major reason why you might not be liking this game. 

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Time to have another look.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by sauna
    F'in awesome game!

Originally posted by Artean
    Best MMO in ages.

Hell yea!

Happy to be part  of those 1 billion kills with my 9k. 

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

If this game didn't have such unplayable lag. I might actually play it.

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Best mmo out there, hands down. Get 60-80 fps with an outdated midline rig. Keep up the great work and bring us more maps, more guns and more vehicles!

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Dunno how much serious development effort SOE will put into PS2 in the next 6 months. I'm sure the bulk of their devs and artists are working 24/7 on EQN:L and EQN.

Those 2 new titles will be where their biggest earning potential lies. That's where the big cash injections will come from, with pre-orders and starter packs and paid beta access. PS2 has very limited monetization options, and without some kind of hyped expansion pack, there simply isn't any way to boost the Cash Shop income significantly. The hard-core PS2 fans have bought most of what they need by now, so the bulk of the spending will be coming from new players, which is probably a steady stream, but most likely not a very big one.

SOE's recent ham-fisted attempt at "increasing player value" (*cough*) by reducing the benefits of premium subs in their F2P games does not fill me with abundant confidence. It almost sounds like F2P is not "working as intended" for them. It sounds like they need money, so they are trying to 'encourage" more people to make Cash Shop purchases.

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228
    I own every infantry weapon and most of the vehicle weapons and I'm still finding myself buy camo and helmets all the time... Their model works very well, player studios was a great idea for a cash grab.

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• Yuk0raYuk0ra Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

If this game didn't have such unplayable lag. I might actually play it.

What lag? Are you crazy?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Most revolutionary shooter since Golden Eye. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Still basically the same game as far as I can tell. With the same flaws. Horrible flight controls.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by mCalvert
    Still basically the same game as far as I can tell. With the same flaws. Horrible flight controls.

Man the things I've seen those pilots do is nothing short of amazing. Those are the guys with the real skills. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by mCalvert

Baddie detected.