Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There Should Be A Petition For A True Open World Experience And Non-Restricted Open World PVP

Comments

• darkraignedarkraigne Member Posts: 17
    Oh @gruug do you know what open world means?? You say if you want open world pvp play cod or bf?? There instanced maps that you select to enter nowhere near open world!

Open world pvp games are like eve online or the age of wushu.

People can we start by listing what we hold against open world PvP instead of just bashing it.

Is it griefers?

Answer to that level up and kill them or team up and kill them.

Is it the challenge??

Try mysims

Is it the fear of trying something new?

The only cure for this would be plugging in your Atari and going back to basics.
  • LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

I'd go the opposite direction and sign a petition to have zero pvp in ESO. Don't want it, don't need it.

Locked Faction pvp is a thing of the past. All PvP should stem from player controlled alliances in competition for in-game resources like EVE does. That is the surest and purest form of PvP that can possibly be invented. At no point should PvP be the focus of your game. You create a hyper niche market in a game like that, pvp should be the glue that holds a game together and makes it better, much like spices in a tasty dish.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by flguy147
    Cyrodiil is suppose to be huge.  People act like its a little batteground or Scenerio.  I think its suppose the be the size of the whole entire Skyrim game.  Just one zone is like an entire game itself.  So to me that is pretty open as in PVP eventhough you cant go quite everywhere in the game.  

Its really a open world MMO in the middle of the game. It has towns you can quest in and take over. Dungeons, instanced and persistent world. I think open world fans will be shocked how much they will love this map.

@grimfargo dark fall is like graphics from 6 years ago. Mortal online is not that bad but just mweeh. Eve online is exultant but only so long you can play one game lol and age of wushu although really good the p2w skills just started to take the piss.

I mean it's about time we had a new high budget owPvP mmo and not the typical WoW click move clone but an actually skill based mmo where things like aiming movement and positioning actually matter.
    Planetside 2 would be my answer to fill the void if it only had some more rpg elements and story. But looking at all the previous games in the series I would of just assumed an elder scrolls mmo would mean open PvP but yeah I guess I'll just be playing this until something ticks more boxes as opposed to sticking around and supporting long term.
  • Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248

I would, as long as there's no ill reprocussions from it. I can already see the 'stay at home' gamers sitting there all day. I'd engage the PVP for about 5 minutes daily then probably move on.

@nanfoodle I hope your right and you really could be but I still can help wishing the while game was open world pvp.

@Lyrian I really don't get what point your making it was like your comments was from two different view points one was saying you don't want PvP and the other was you don't want locked faction PvP but it should be from player controlled alliances?? Sorry just didn't see your point or what you was getting at.
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Its really a open world MMO in the middle of the game.

A game cannot be open world in part of it. Its either open world or its not.

It would be like saying a game is a free for all open world PvP game in part of it.

Which brings up another point. There are a lot of people in this thread that does not know the difference between open world PvP and free for all.

Asking for open world PvP is asking for the ABILITY to flag for PvP and fight ANYWHERE. It is not asking for a 100% everyone is flagged for PvP all the time type game which is a free for all PvP game. A TES MMO should be an open world with open world PvP.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

So . . . go start a petition, why bother telling us a petition should be made?

Here you go: http://www.change.org/petition

Go make your petition. Best of luck.

Originally posted by Rusque

So . . . go start a petition, why bother telling us a petition should be made?

Here you go: http://www.change.org/petition

Go make your petition. Best of luck.

Lol them change.org people. I wonder how much money they make off the backs of "wishing" people. :D

Just to clarify I think it would work as open world free for all pvp with consequences like eve online. Yes you can start a fight in a starter area but before you win some lvl 1000+ mob will kill you and as you go further from the starter zones the penalties become less until you reach Cyrodiil where all restrictions are lifted on the outer edges of the city maybe have a bounty system in other areas npc's mob support to help stop ganking and other ideas like this would make a free for all owPvP experience for everyone.
    Originally posted by darkraigne
    Just to clarify I think it would work as open world free for all pvp with consequences like eve online. Yes you can start a fight in a starter area but before you win some lvl 1000+ mob will kill you and as you go further from the starter zones the penalties become less until you reach Cyrodiil where all restrictions are lifted on the outer edges of the city maybe have a bounty system in other areas npc's mob support to help stop ganking and other ideas like this would make a free for all owPvP experience for everyone.

Sounds like a coding nightmare. Imagine all the heartbeat scripts needing to be checked.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Sleepyfish

Really, what do you call this:

And this:

Or, how about this:

Trash mobs.  

He was responding to this comment, not pvp.

"sadly, these fantasy MMO's will probably not have a first person view that you can actually play in and see your sword/shield"

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    @Lyrian I really don't get what point your making it was like your comments was from two different view points one was saying you don't want PvP and the other was you don't want locked faction PvP but it should be from player controlled alliances?? Sorry just didn't see your point or what you was getting at.

Yeah I changed my mind half way through what I was thinking and didn't quite erase everything. Shift work FTW.

I think player controlled alliances are the way to go with the game instead of locking players to a set faction. That way players can make and shape the world exactly how they want it to be.

That and on a completely unrelated note with regards to ESO I am slightly bitter that I can't play a Khajit along with the human races, because I simply cannot stand elves on that faction.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

what do you want, we already have the massive number of triple A produced non-carebear MMOs

EvE, Darkfall. 

Oh wait

@Psion33 Eve online managed it and with an at the time in heard of team. Should be nothing for the big boys lol
    Unheard of*
    @Lyrian yea I like the idea only issue with that would be effecting the lore side of things with the factions. Oh I I'm a little raging cuz I heard there was no dragons but I'm not sure I need to look into that.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592

Full open world pvp will finish that servers will spread like in wow :

server 1    90% horde server 10% alliance

server 2    90% alliance 10 % horde .

And this is because people are afraid that same nerd will go in lower lvl maps and farm u all day.

In one game my friend and a few more dudes were farming opponent map 24/7 lower lvl map. It was fun for them  but not of those farmed. You see because of such people developers are forced to make restrictions because some freaks will abuse them. 

@mikepaladin yea but open pvp or not this will happen with the faction based pvp in general I mean no one wants to join a losing side so more then likely one side will flourish and the others fail. It looks like there already walking that path with faction pvp and not player controlled alliances. It's catch 22 they either went factions and lore or balance and alliances. Only other way would be to auto balance the factions and give you no choice over your faction which again would piss ppl off
    @Lyrian yea I like the idea only issue with that would be effecting the lore side of things with the factions. Oh I I'm a little raging cuz I heard there was no dragons but I'm not sure I need to look into that.

That is incorrect, the lore would only be broken with cross race factions if the game was set during the first age. By the start of the second age the lands were mixed due to the slavery by the first kingdom which moved entire populations to new lands. This game however IS breaking lore by allowing the empire to be attacked and taken over, with even a new emperor being crowned.

Lore states that Septim is the one that conquers the Empire also in Marrowind it states that the only time the Empires lands are attacked is by the Dominion and the attack is stopped at the city gates. There has already been an outcry by the TES community by the lore being changed and one of the lore sites is holding out changing the lore to fit TESO dispite being threatened by Zenimax that they were going to remove them from the official lore site list. Everyone else has already caved in and added the extra lore thrown in by TESO so their DaoC crap design fits in. That's how bad the game is, they needed to change over a decades worth of lore to fit their small boxed design.......

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster

Wow that's crazy didn't realise that. Well in that case there's no excuse to not shake things up a little more lol they should of calling is elder scrolls online the lost scrolls and make out like this was all written out of the history books by Septim lol
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I wish that ESO had no PvP at all.................... so there you have it OP.

People are different not everyone is a PvP nutcase.

I could play ESO PvP if doesn't interfere with my PvE, I like Sieges and guild wars (not Anet game) but I don't want any sociopath to attack me from the back when I am killing a mob and I have 20% health left (which happens often in those kind of games)

If PvP content is well balanced with PvE content then ESO might have a chance otherwise I think many people will give it a miss.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by JJ82

Its really a open world MMO in the middle of the game. It has towns you can quest in and take over. Dungeons, instanced and persistent world. I think open world fans will be shocked how much they will love this map.

It would be like saying a game is a free for all open world PvP game in part of it.

Which brings up another point. There are a lot of people in this thread that does not know the difference between open world PvP and free for all.

Asking for open world PvP is asking for the ABILITY to flag for PvP and fight ANYWHERE. It is not asking for a 100% everyone is flagged for PvP all the time type game which is a free for all PvP game. A TES MMO should be an open world with open world PvP.

How big does it have to be before your wrong? If it taste like steak, smalls like steak and looks like steak what does it matter if its made of cheese? When the PvP is so large you feel lost in a world with so many options it becomes just like open world, what does it matter? Name something PvPish you like to do other the farm lowbs and you can do it on the AvA map and if not being able to farm low level chars upsets you.. I would rather you were not in my MMO anyways. 

Originally posted by JJ82

How big does it have to be before your wrong? If it taste like steak, smalls like steak and looks like steak what does it matter if its made of cheese? When the PvP is so large you feel lost in a world with so many options it becomes just like open world, what does it matter? Name something PvPish you like to do other the farm lowbs and you can do it on the AvA map and if not being able to farm low level chars upsets you.. I would rather you were not in my MMO anyways. 

Never? open WORLD.

If the entire WORLD is not open, it cant be open WORLD. Just like if the entire world is not open PvP it cant be called open WORLD PvP. Its not called partially open world.........call things what they are.

And no, if snake tastes like chicken, I don't call it chicken. Just like if a Prius drives like a BMW I don't call it a BMW. Its stupid, much like saying people that want open world PvP want to kill lowbies....because open world PvP and FFA open world PvP is not the same thing.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Voqar
    Originally posted by jerlot65
    I guess we could reverse the arguement and say we dont know whats wrong with these mindless "anything goes" pvper's......

They're psychotic?

I personally can't fathom the mindset of I want to kill, kill, kill everyone, grief, grief, loot their bodies, camp their graveyards, misery, hate, etc.  Go play GTA5 or something...

It wouldn't bother me if this type of gameplay existed - as long as it was contained particular server(s) and easily avoidable by people who aren't deranged and future serial killers.

Not all pvp players are like this. Even in ffa pvp games.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
This discussion has been closed.