Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Andrew Krausnick - Trove AMA

2»

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Lol I love Terraria :)

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I wish I had more questions... I will think of them later when it's over. Where are all the Trove fans at?!

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172

Hi Andrew, thanks for taking time to answer questions!

1)  Are the character models going to stay the way they are? If not that's ok. I just don't really like the head and the arms and legs personally. If they are though, I'll respect that.

2) What exactly is going to be in the cash shop? Will it be purely cosmetic?

That's about all I have for now, thanks for taking the time again! I'm looking forward to participating in the world of Trove!

• AvaremAvarem Creative Lead, TroveMember Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Heafstagg

Hi Andrew, thanks for taking time to answer questions!

1)  Are the character models going to stay the way they are? If not that's ok. I just don't really like the head and the arms and legs personally. If they are though, I'll respect that.

2) What exactly is going to be in the cash shop? Will it be purely cosmetic?

That's about all I have for now, thanks for taking the time again! I'm looking forward to participating in the world of Trove!

We're making some updates to the character as we go (specifically the legs are changing more based on the class). The head and hands are likely to stay, since it works well with the type of customization we're doing.

The cash shop is purely cosmetic, utility (i.e., bag space) or operates as an alternate way to get some of the same things you can get with game currency (so if you don't want to play long enough to get a new class, you can take a shortcut and pick it up with cash). Obviously we will be keeping a close eye on the economy of this to make sure it doesn't ruin the game for people who aren't actively paying us, and making sure we have the freedom to tune this is one of the reasons we're wiping completely at the end of Alpha.

• ShocktorShocktor Member Posts: 2
    How much larger are you planning on making the cornerstones?
    Originally posted by Shocktor
    How much larger are you planning on making the cornerstones?

We're not sure yet what the absolute largest will be. The next step up will be doubling the edge size (so 4x total space).

• Chi55Chi55 Member CommonPosts: 7

Good news! :P

I have a question about dungeons. Are they going to be similar to what we have now, very simple, solo friendly or you plan on adding something more like a classical MMORPG dungeon that requires group play, use of class mechanics with added complexity and so on?

Originally posted by DMKano

Since the next class is a ranged class (laser pistol cowboy) - are you planning on having falloff properties to projectiles (like current bomb arc trajectory) - or will you also have just straight beam (for laser) with zero falloff trajectory?

I guess a simpler question would be will ranged projectiles be voxels with travel speed, falloff etc...

The plan right now is a straight shot projectile with a lifetime for the gunslinger's attacks. As usual with anything in development, it is prone to change.

Originally posted by Chi55

Good news! :P

I have a question about dungeons. Are they going to be similar to what we have now, very simple, solo friendly or you plan on adding something more like a classical MMORPG dungeon that requires group play, use of class mechanics with added complexity and so on?

We need to make it easier to get together with people before we up the challenge past 'soloable'. That said, this is very important to one of our current goals (building a sense of community). So the wait won't be very long for increased challenge and the features to support playing together with other people.

That said, increasing the depth of combat will take time. We'll be adding new player and monster mechanics steadily and as these go in the depth of combat will increase.

Well, that's it for me today, time to head home!

Thanks for chatting and for the interest.

As above, find us at www.trovegame.com and www.reddit.com/r/trove and you can find me on twitter at @heyandrewk

Today is the last day for holiday supporter rewards, so if you want to pick those up make sure you support before tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.