Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XBOX ONE Interview

PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260

www.oxm.co.uk/68692/features/elder-scrolls-online-interview-bethesda-talks-risks-rewards-and-compromises/?site=us

What to expect from ESO expansions (DLC), first 10 already planned. Already moved some teams off launch and moved them towards post-launch content. Updates every 4 - 6 weeks.

UI was originally built for PC, but being changed to console.

Everyone gets independent loot, not based on what class or skills they have. Guild stores will be set price, not auction style.

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

Comments

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Guild stores are not just a set price, he said it is not an auction. You can price an item however you want for players to buy. There just won't be an auction with a bid for it.

I like that there will be random caves that have no quests attached. You just enter the cave and kill what ever is there and discover chests and such.

I also like that random events will be happening like the sorcerer calling up a deadra and being attacked. Then you chose to help, let the sorcerer die or kill them both. Nice to not just have to quest, but find things while exploring.

Also the fact that there will be "pockets" of content. A large area that you can wander around in for your level and do quests or explore and not have to worry too much about level. Being an MMO you can't just go to end game at level 1, but at least it won't be just hub to hub.

Good article, thanks....

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• ViperDragonViperDragon Member UncommonPosts: 101
    I'd be nervous if I was Bethesda: as the article mentions, they've got along very well on single-player, plus they're opting (at least initially) for a paid model.  This is probably the best article I've read that sums up the key points.  Will it work online?  I really hope so - and I'm being purely selfish, because I've been looking forward to this for months.

A great list of free games (mostly MMORPGs): http://www.mytop10games.com/

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I like that they are going to put a Justice System
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    PC players will still say the consoles ruined the UI for them

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I was almost shutting this game off my radar when i saw the letters DLC but good to know they are not adding that plus sub fee.I do have a problem with opening the door to DLC ideas,this does not mean they won't pull an SOE and  add more meaningful content that they know players would pay on top of a sub fee,that would really piss me off because i am not one of those that wants to pay extra.

Plain and simple,i don't like BS hidden costs,so i hope Bethesda/Zenimax keeps their heads on straight.

I love their idea of adding new meaningful content,i do not want to see any cheap maps with a jumping race,that is so amateur  to me.

So far this game still has me on board,i hope some bad news does not pop up.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    PC players will still say the consoles ruined the UI for them

I have not looked deep into this game,i prefer this time to just wait and try the product.

I am a PC gamer,i detest consoles but no reason that should matter in a game design,it SHOULD have key mapping.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Great ideas with the 4 weekly full update content patches, if they offer about 50 hours of unique gameplay and give people the idea of progression...

but MMOs are not going to be huge on consoles.... As the most imprortant part of an MMo is the community, and with no keyboards there is not much chat and community to be found... And voice channels are great for real time action commands, but not a great way to communicate....  

I predict ESO to be a huge hit on PC and a fail on consoles.... Like every other MMO...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,852

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Great ideas with the 4 weekly full update content patches, if they offer about 50 hours of unique gameplay and give people the idea of progression... but MMOs are not going to be huge on consoles.... As the most imprortant part of an MMo is the community, and with no keyboards there is not much chat and community to be found... And voice channels are great for real time action commands, but not a great way to communicate....   I predict ESO to be a huge hit on PC and a fail on consoles.... Like every other MMO...
    LOTS of people chatting with keyboards in FF14 on PS3.

But, hey, if we're throwing around broad sweeping generalizations with no basis in reality I'll complain that all PC MMO players are cheating basement dwellers.

I predict ESO to start the squirrel apocalypse and fail at life ....Like every other MMO

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Until MS and Sony allow cross-platform gameplay on their consoles, I just don't see MMO's taking off on them.  

You make me like charity