Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is World of Darkness dead?

2»

Comments

• HealingHandsHealingHands Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

I dont know how anyone can take this game development serious. They worked on it for 4 years and all they had to show was one character walking animation, and one room.

And  than they said they are cutting the team down.

So basically 2 people were working on it, now its only 1.

Even if the game still exist, I wouldnt count on release before 2018

They purportedly had a playable build which was tested internally, and that was a year or so ago. They released a page from the manual they made for internal testing along with it. There's a good number of hints here, if you're following the thinly spread breadcrumbs left by CCP, that this game is real and its serious.

The link above your post is particularly enlightening (the second one). Their vision statement (as part of a highly detailed and lengthy report on the current status of the company and its future plans, made not as PR material but to inform those people who have a much stronger interest in hearing serious, reliable information regarding CCP's plans) includes a strong, strong commitment to WoD online as their second flagship game. For a company who has only one strong IP (with which they built the entire foundation of the company), committing to have WoD be a second flagship product is as strong of a commitment as you're going to get before a release date.

Lots of things can happen so we'll see.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

haha, not dead at all, have you seen the secret fanfest footage?

It´s gorgeous. Going to be THE sandbox MMO of ~2015 for sure

A bit tired of waiting though. All the good stuff is coming out 2015

Star Citizen, WoD, Star Wars Battlefront III

2014 is going to be lame, same as 2013

• Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46

world of darkness is dead ccp is looking to sell white wolf and the world of darkness game as ccp say thier company is to small to do the game justice. and will be focusing solely on eve online. here is the link to the article.

http://newsbynight.net/2013/12/27/ccp-games-selling-white-wolf-world-darkness-mmorpg/

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

I was only able to find one French and one Russian site that posted the same exact thing. It's all from the same sole source which was stated as a rumor. If it turns out to be true then...

• eindinblocheindinbloch Member Posts: 60

I am honestly very disappointed with CCP after the Incarna fiasco.  I was so pumped to finally be able to fit into the awesomeness of the eve universe.  I've never liked my character being a ship.  I subscribed for years, but mainly just to learn skills in the hopes that they would have some gameplay that worked for me.  I finally canceled it a couple of years ago because they just weren't going to build a full sci-fi experience like they promised with Incarna.

As for World of Darkness, I would definitely play this game.  I've been excited about it for years.  I just don't think CCP will get their act together and actually do it.  When/if they do, I'll be there.  Until then, I'm not getting my hopes up.  They just don't have a good track record so far.

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by eindinbloch

I am honestly very disappointed with CCP after the Incarna fiasco.  I was so pumped to finally be able to fit into the awesomeness of the eve universe.  I've never liked my character being a ship.  I subscribed for years, but mainly just to learn skills in the hopes that they would have some gameplay that worked for me.  I finally canceled it a couple of years ago because they just weren't going to build a full sci-fi experience like they promised with Incarna.

As for World of Darkness, I would definitely play this game.  I've been excited about it for years.  I just don't think CCP will get their act together and actually do it.  When/if they do, I'll be there.  Until then, I'm not getting my hopes up.  They just don't have a good track record so far.

The money they could get just from initial box sales from WOD would be more than they ever make on that DUST crap. They stalled the best IP they had to produce an over priced FPS mmo, and wow FPS mmorpgs really do well all the time. If they had to scrap anything it should be DUST and produce WOD, but they will most likely let WOD die and sell it off to pay for the cost of keeping DUST up and running. Those are not all the projects they are currently doing either. They are wasting a lot of money on crap and seem to be doing the Origin strategy of limping along with an old standby game they produced years ago, keeping fans interested with the prospect of something new while never actually producing it. They need to be publicly called out for having nothing other than essentially an example fo A graphics engine they may or may not be using to make WOD. 

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Hokie
    Well it is about Vampires, so technically.....

Epic! image

• SacredDarkSacredDark Member UncommonPosts: 8

Hmm I was kinda looking forward to this game as i loved vampired the masquarade world.

But from the sounds of it the developers are someone I would like to avoid, sounds like they dont care that much for their customers.

• sylum69sylum69 Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Quazal.A
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by BarCrow
    Originally posted by Quazal.A

WoD has a small crew working on the basics by end of the financial year they wil be going into full production, game play was released at FanFest and no video's were alowed of the game

Everything was hush-hush, CCP want nothing escaping until they are reading, search youtube for the fanfest WoD 

see my link for the film.

it is in progress, but dont expect anything even Alpha until about 2016 ish

Thanks for this. What they have in mind seems good. Encouraging. Can't freaking wait.

Encouraging? 3 years (till 2016) is an eternity in gaming. Many things can happen between now and then.

agreed, but given i think the first rumour of this game was about 2010/2011 its already been 2-3 yrs, all we can hope is tht the game reflects the time taken. 

As someone said earlier in the post the fact htey bought whitewolf, there is not a reason for them not to make the game, otherwise what would of been point :)

??? This game has been in development since 2006 (yes, 2006!) and seeing as how there isn't even a basic website for fans, I think it's fair to say this game isn't coming out.

• AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    God I just wish this game got released. The more I've read about it the more I get scared that it will forever be in development. 
  • rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107
    It's not dead, but there's probably no point in giving it much thought for the next year or so.  It's a long way from release if it comes out.  I remember looking at a fan site about two and a half years ago.  Months would go by with no updates to anything.  I finally stopped paying much attention until something more concrete came out.  It still hasn't (other than the fan fest video).

I'm checking for news once a week, this and Star Citizen are the only titles worth waiting for in my opinion.

at least give us a couple of screenshots CCP, please

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by DocBrody

haha, not dead at all, have you seen the secret fanfest footage?It´s gorgeous. Going to be THE sandbox MMO of ~2015 for sure A bit tired of waiting though. All the good stuff is coming out 2015Star Citizen, WoD, Star Wars Battlefront III  2014 is going to be lame, same as 2013

I have to ask, have you ever seen a MMORPG totally shrouded in secrecy launch "soon?" (Ie, see Titan)

I'd be very much surprised at this point to see it launch before 2016 or even 2017.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

haha, not dead at all, have you seen the secret fanfest footage?

It´s gorgeous. Going to be THE sandbox MMO of ~2015 for sure

A bit tired of waiting though. All the good stuff is coming out 2015

Star Citizen, WoD, Star Wars Battlefront III

2014 is going to be lame, same as 2013

I have to ask, have you ever seen a MMORPG totally shrouded in secrecy launch "soon?" (Ie, see Titan)

I'd be very much surprised at this point to see it launch before 2016 or even 2017.

no, unfortunately not.

maybe CCPs WOD team just likes secrecy. I don't even get why they didn't make their presentation public on youtube.

Total information shut down since then :-(

I'm a bit worried now the next news might be "We cancelled WoD development"

• NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189

no, unfortunately not.

maybe CCPs WOD team just likes secrecy. I don't even get why they didn't make their presentation public on youtube.

Total information shut down since then :-(

I'm a bit worried now the next news might be "We cancelled WoD development"

I totaly agree with you, and i clearly see they didn't like(or care) the whole title at all... there are EVE  what is always need to be taken care of.

This is just smells like "we are never publish it" thing, only when EVE happen to fail and have to search another income.

About the secrecy, when they want the WoD to be a successful, they have to communicate with the community(check the hype or what people want to see in the game and so on...).

Without this communication... just fishy

• DomenicusDomenicus Member UncommonPosts: 290
    CCP is not the average joe MMO company... It may be because of that they dont hype too much their games. I still have hopes for WoD, although I am very suspicious...  Well, surely it would be much more successfull than their FPS (which I dont even remember the name)... The IP is strong, they are a solid company... Well... ok.... I still want to believe :-)
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    I think they got distracted with VR technology and I have to say I would agree with that move. So its unlikely we will see this game for a long while.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• DomenicusDomenicus Member UncommonPosts: 290
    I hope you are wrong...