Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tangmen 4th Set "King of Hell's Invitation" Battle Ground Play [Video]

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

With the last expansion in October came the Ultimate Scrolls. These are the secret  skills of the eight schools. This video shows Tangmen's 4th set, in some battle ground play.

The set is a trap set, with some really interesting mechanics. First  a total of 7 traps can be laid at once. The fire trap that you see, if you look closely, you will notice how it lights the thrown darts on fire. If the dart is thrown from within the fire, across the fire, or into the fire, it ignites doing extra damage.

Set to Lil Wayne's She's on Fire.  Enjoy! 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by bcbully

With the last expansion in October came the Ultimate Scrolls. These are the secret  skills of the eight schools. This video shows Tangmen's 4th set, in some battle ground play.

The set is a trap set, with some really interesting mechanics. First  a total of 7 traps can be laid at once. The fire trap that you see, if you look closely, you will notice how it lights the thrown darts on fire. If the dart is thrown from within the fire, across the fire, or into the fire, it ignites doing extra damage.

I wonder where they got that idea from?

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by rodingo

Over the past year, they've introduced skills with some pretty advanced skill mechanics. There is a skill like the WoW warlock's incinerate, but instead of just hitting the target, it hit's everything in it's path plus the target if they are not actively blocking. 

There's been 17 or so full skill sets, 6-9 skills each, and a bunch of single skills added over the past year, all with unique animations. That's over a skill set per month average. Image if GW2 did they same instead of making more LS achievement check lists. 

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Over the past year, they've introduced skills with some pretty advanced skill mechanics. There is a skill like the WoW warlock's incinerate, but instead of just hitting the target, it hit's everything in it's path plus the target if they are not actively blocking. 

There's been 17 or so full skill sets, 6-9 skills each, and a bunch of single skills added over the past year, all with unique animations. That's over a skill set per month average. Image if GW2 did they same instead of making more LS achievement check lists. 

It's true that AoW has been adding skill sets.  However, if you take into consideration the 8 classes of GW2 plus all the different weapons each class can use, then multiply that by 3-5 skills depending if it's a one handed, which hand that one-handed weapon is at, or if its a two-hander, and then the elite skills associated with those weapons, you end up with around 60 different weapon "skill sets" that range from 3-5 skills each, again not counting elites and the complete selection of utility skills that can be chosen based on the class.

So basically Anet hasn't had the need to make adding new skill sets a priority.  I'm sure they will eventually since the game is only a year and a half old.  Instead they keep adding interactive player content. 

My point to my original response though was that I noticed Snail is taking a queue from Anet on how the mechanics of some of their skills work.  Even Black Gold seems to use the combo fields too. 

It's not a bad thing that Snail is taking game ideas from other developers.  All studios do that to include Anet.  I just wish Snail would take business decisions and management ideas from other studios as well.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It's true that AoW has been adding skill sets.  However, if you take into consideration the 8 classes of GW2 plus all the different weapons each class can use, then multiply that by 3-5 skills depending if it's a one handed, which hand that one-handed weapon is at, or if its a two-hander, and then the elite skills associated with those weapons, you end up with around 60 different weapon "skill sets" that range from 3-5 skills each, again not counting elites and the complete selection of utility skills that can be chosen based on the class.

So basically Anet hasn't had the need to make adding new skill sets a priority.  I'm sure they will eventually since the game is only a year and a half old.  Instead they keep adding interactive player content. 

My point to my original response though was that I noticed Snail is taking a queue from Anet on how the mechanics of some of their skills work.  Even Black Gold seems to use the combo fields too. 

It's not a bad thing that Snail is taking game ideas from other developers.  All studios do that to include Anet.  I just wish Snail would take business decisions and management ideas from other studios as well.

I'm not gonna nit pick ;) The concept and foundation of Gw2's skill system is brilliant, flat out. I just can't understand why it has not been expanded. The foundation is there to "easily" add any weapon ever created. 

I too would love for Snail to give us Westerners some management love too.