Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you planning on playing in April?

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Brockton, MAPosts: 234Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by NobleNerd

With a lot of criticism hitting the web lately and many voicing their likes and concerns about the features we know of so far, do you plan on buying the game when it launches in April? What features of the game do you like and which ones are you not so sure of?

I for one have seen enough and been fortunate to be a part of most of the betas and my decision is:

I will ABSO-FREAKIN-LOOTLY be playing it when it launches!!

It's good to be passionate about something.. i hope you are not disappointed, not by the game itself, as it seem you have already seen quite a bit of it, BUT in the reaction of the community as a whole, when they don't embrace it as much as you and other insiders have.

I wonder if it matters whether someone has early access to a game, does it effect their overall opinion of a game and/or the developers. Makes me curious. I have only the benefit of those naughty NDA breakers from last beta weekend and to tell, I was not impressed and apparently , neither were they.

I can wait for a great game, hopefully by May we'll all know for sure on this one.

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,528Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by winter
    One has to wonder though for those that voted the game doesn't interest them what are they doing wasting their time reading a thread about it?  After all they did just vote they have no interest in the game.

Because these posts/threads show up on the front page and the question is "are you planning on playing...".

They aren't and they give the reason "it doesn't interest them".

It's a fair answer.

As for myself? I need to come to terms a bit with a few things in this game before I decide to "give in".

• killahhkillahh calgary, ABPosts: 437Member
    I will be on pc, and ps4 prob as well,

Gonada Dahung,over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting....Please Lord, let someone make a game that had all the awesomeness of UO, EQ and EVE...

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,229Member Uncommon

personal policy is to wait at least 12 months and see population stability, endgame videos and do a free trial first.

so will I be playing in April? Maybe, but not this April. :)

• RavenwolfieRavenwolfie Minneapolis, MNPosts: 46Member
    Played in a couple of the betas and nope! Unlike the single player versions the game play in the MMO bored me to death. I can't see blowing money on it.

• MongooseMongoose Great Fals, MTPosts: 85Member
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

unless of course they ever make Asherons Call 3

If they make AC 3, which everyone has said....100% AC 1 with AC 2 graphics, I would never play another MMO again.

• karat76karat76 Wellston, OHPosts: 1,000Member Uncommon
    Already have 2 copies ordered for the wife and I.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,786Member Uncommon
    Yes for sure! Finally a game that will be using a fairly realistic setting and not cartoonish. This game and Gloria Victis are two I am looking forward to. There is nothing wrong with WoW and Wildstar art style games, but I am ready for a change.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Tindale111Tindale111 croydonPosts: 197Member
    yeah ill give it a shot but a bit worried about it being linear ,I don't mind if its not to much like skyrim but it has to be an open world or it wont hold me long
  • xerrixerri griffith, ILPosts: 30Member
    Yes will play  as the world interests me and playing with many more and to have Daoc pvp  yep

• VveVVveV Murrieta, CAPosts: 220Member Uncommon
    i myself definitely plan on playing at  launch,being a beta tester for eso and wildstar i can say that eso is much better in several aspect of game-play and it has 3 fraction pvp which is going to be a blast. Just like their is going to be a blast when it knocks wildstar out of the water...

Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Wolcott, NYPosts: 688Member Uncommon
    Good to see a healthy mix of opinions and comments so far. Keep em coming. I myself am looking forward to the PvP. 3 faction PvP has always been the best choice and I look forward to see if ESO pulls it off.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson USAPosts: 865Member Uncommon
    I voted undecided.  The only reason I did was because I am waiting for Wildstar to release.  If ESO releases before Wildstar.  I will most likely pick it up.  If Wildstar launches around the same time (say 2 week apart for example).  I will most likely skip ESO for now.
  • A1learjetA1learjet Griffith, INPosts: 121Member
    Mel  Eso is  4-4-14   wildstar is  June/July  

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,346Member Uncommon
  • greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon

Yeah I'm putting this one on my buy list.

The things I like so far are:

The integrity of the developers - this goes a long way with me having trusted other devs who changed things. All I read about these guys is how they have a vision to deliver and how the integrity of the game is important. Even if it means they will get less money possibly going sub instead of free. I do hope it works out for them because I would like a regular game and one that likes being a sub game is great news for me. I'm willing to reward them for their decision by staying subbed as long as they please me. I'll probably give them some of my time by casting gameplay, making videos, or guides. I've done those things before for games I fancied and if this one is an underdog, I know how to spread the word.

The end game having the option to PVP in a rich setting instead of a capture the flag scenario. Siege weapons make me school girl giggly. I want to throw flaming chunks of debris at my enemy and watch their walls crumble. I want to see them defend their property and fight me back. I want warfare without human lives lost. I want to get the chance to be an Emperor though I doubt my keystrokes will be fast enough to compete, I like the opportunity. Having 3 factions fighting makes it all the more exciting - is the team incoming on our two way fight going to help us or help them or attack both and how will we react along with our competitors. At any moment someone who served as a short term friend can suddenly become an enemy. I want to be friend or foe at the drop of a hat because I want to win. Did I mention I'm competitive lol

What is a con so far for me is the lack of a global auction house and the concern that I can't sell crafted items regularly but I believe with a subscription game the developers are going to be interested in feedback instead of planning what goes into the cash shop next. That I won't be able to find out until the game is released and we start interacting but if they can be cajoled I can turn on the charm if needed and goodness knows I'm a thorough researcher so I can bring data to support most anything. There is a chance too that I will enjoy their system of trading - again, I can't tell until I play it.

I do wonder if it will have enough sandbox for me since it won't release with housing or associated tchotchkis but if that comes up on a to do list, it would be something to look forward to. I did read that they were having fishing and I didn't know that previously so more things may become known to me as I search around.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson USAPosts: 865Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by A1learjet
    Mel  Eso is  4-4-14   wildstar is  June/July  

There has been no confirmation on a release date with Wildstar.  I realize it seems the betting money is on June time frame. Then again, it doesn't mean its 100% confirmed to be launching at that month.

• fistormfistorm Smalltown, WIPosts: 836Member Common

Reasons I'll be playing.

1. Great top end gaming graphics game with lots of detail.

2. The Lore Master of all elder scrolls games is doing the storyline.

3. An A+ rated company, great customer service.

4. RPG

5. History of the game series and level of quality they had. 

6. Adults my age are making the game.

7. Hopes this is the One true mmo to rule them all (without hope there is nothing)

8. It wil give me something to do for 6 months if its horrible, and years if its not.  This has a chance to be one of the biggest games, who wouldn't want to atleast play it to end game first?

9.  Most games do not get good until the first update.  So I like to get to end game and wait until then to judge a game fully.

10.  I love MMORPG's.  ES is a founder in the RPG world, must have for all RPG fans.

• KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLPosts: 20,164Member Uncommon
    Definite maybe. Might not be at launch though, might wait a bit and let them flesh it out a bit.

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• QuicksandQuicksand Aurora, COPosts: 606Member Uncommon

• PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Port Angeles, WAPosts: 73Member Uncommon
    YUP ... with bells on and a Happy Face
  • GolelornGolelorn Hiding From Social Media Peeping Toms, ALPosts: 1,099Member Uncommon
    No, but when the price drops to 10 or 20 bucks after a month or two I will.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 grenoblePosts: 116Member Uncommon
    Is this the new overhyped game that is supposed to save the mmo genre? I thought swotor and gw2 did that already.
  • RampajiRampaji copenhagnePosts: 50Member

I already pre ordered this Game!

Im looking forward to play with a bunch of my good friends :)

see all out/in there :)

Be good, do good :)

Be the change you want to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi

• AIMonsterAIMonster Apopka, FLPosts: 2,059Member
    I put no.  I'll be playing other games then.  I likely will pick it up when it goes on sale (or even F2P) later down the road.  I think it's decent enough to playthrough for some enjoyment for a month or two, but I don't see the lasting appeal beyond that aside from PvP.

Raptr link because it's the cool new trend: