Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar will KILL TESO!

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by hydrofox

Wildstar is unbelievable. 
    Wildstar will be the best MMO over the next 5 years. 
    1. It doesn't take itself seriously. It's hilarious, adult humor and just plain fun. 
    2. Incredible fight mechanics with minimal UI. 
    3. WoW like camera controls and movement (mouse view/move) 
    4. Player housing is RIDICULOUS
    5. The double jump. (Let me say it again, the double jump) 
    6. They respect Elites & Casuals. 
    7. No Raid Finder
    8. A Hamster ball mount. <---Epic
    9. 40 man raids
    10. Raids that change weekly. 
    They said the first 5 mans you encounter will take 45 minutes to 90 minutes depending on skill. The fights will be designed to prepare the player for raids. This game will be where everybody is at. So if you want community, play this game when it launches. 

The developer said they want to please hardcore raiders because they want to separate the greater players from the average players. They want you to walk in to a city with insane gear and have casuals be like "wow thats awesome! How do I get that!" 

These guys get it. A total original IP with an identity. 

TESO is not MMO enough for MMO fans and not skyrim enough for ES fans. 

you know why no one cares?

telegraphs. nuff said. next  game?

na seriously, hardocre? i can laugh at that when the games warns you about every attack incomming. seriously....

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Yeah, I dislike telegraphs myself.  It isn't a game breaker, but it's something that adds up.

• A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Telegraph for pve/hardcore pve raid etc  made popular by WoW  and been around awhile   I'm guessing  everyone is complaining its in pvp

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167

1. It doesn't take itself seriously. It's hilarious, adult humor and just plain fun. 
    7. No Raid Finder
    9. 40 man raids
    They said the first 5 mans you encounter will take 45 minutes to 90 minutes depending on skill. The fights will be designed to prepare the player for raids. This game will be where everybody is at. So if you want community, play this game when it launches. 

The developer said they want to please hardcore raiders because they want to separate the greater players from the average players. They want you to walk in to a city with insane gear and have casuals be like "wow thats awesome! How do I get that!" 

Well this post alone has just made my decision not to even bother looking at this title any further. 

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    i played beta a few times and was SUPER excited for this game...but i found the combat super annoying....
  • WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Why must games always kill each other? Can't we all coexist? ^^

A-friggin-men!

I am not a fan of this or that... I am a fan of gaming and hope both are successful.

I really wish developers would go back to making games for their "niche" rather than trying to please everyone... Many games could be successful for the particular group they are catering to.

As an old timer and gamer for 35 years I get this... This new era of gamer is such a plague to this industry as a whole... Too much hate.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Originally posted by Wighty
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Why must games always kill each other? Can't we all coexist? ^^

A-friggin-men!

I am not a fan of this or that... I am a fan of gaming and hope both are successful.

I really wish developers would go back to making games for their "niche" rather than trying to please everyone... Many games could be successful for the particular group they are catering to.

As an old timer and gamer for 35 years I get this... This new era of gamer is such a plague to this industry as a whole... Too much hate.

Developers do...its when they Have the "backers" funding there projects that it has to stray  to appease the shareholders

probably why this sudden influx of kickstarters  might bring the New Golden Age of MMos

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Multitask.  

Next OP must copy and paste thread starter for ArcheAge.  Common now, stop being so slow.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by baphamet

more people will play TESO, you might want to come back to reality.

as far as which game will be better? that is a personal preference thing.

This

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    /sigh... The game's defining feature is telegraphed attacks!! Wake up people!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

honestly i like both so i dont care which one will be better.

I will play whichever drops the sub first. Or i should say whichever offers first a non-sub alternative after purchasing the game.

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    Originally posted by bcbully
    /sigh... The game's defining feature is telegraphed attacks!! Wake up people!

Mount and Blade has telegraphed attacks and is the best melee combat in gaming so far.

I haven't played widlstar , but there must be a reason for telegraphing attacks. If it gets more people to continue til it's similar to M&B combat im all for it.

I 'm pretty sure this game isn't for me though. but probably the one last game for raiders. If that;s the content you are really into, it's time to pick a home.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I actually could care less about either game, I'll wait for another game that isn't a carbon copy theme park with glitter.
  • Eighteen16Eighteen16 Member UncommonPosts: 146
    What exactly is the point of playing Wildstar over Wow? It is just a placeholder to have something to do while Wow is in the end of expansion phase. Appealing to "elite" raiders is not going to work these days, they will still clear all content within the first months and move on to the next MMO or back to Wow where consistent high end raiding content is always a given. Wildstar devs will get their money in the first few months, then the elite community will disappear and what's left of the casual community will complain that the content is too hard. Just a typical MMO. 
  • ElboneElbone Member UncommonPosts: 87
    So far both games look like they will suck so hard they will win against gravity and create a black hole
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

7. No Raid Finder
    9. 40 man raids

From the videos I have seen, I just don't care for the game. Your extensive list does nothing but the opposite as far as selling me on reason to play. In fact, they are reasons NOT to play. While TESO may or may not be a good MMO, I will wait and see more. At least it is not just plain ridiculous nor have a combat system that is just not very appealing.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    PS4 and XBOX ONE weak games lineup of next-gen titles disagrees with you.
  • JownzJownz Member UncommonPosts: 62

Wildstar is so bad.  The combat consists of mashing away at 5 or so buttons. You can aim and watch t.v at the same time. Quests are none stop boring as hell.  You do the same thing over and over and over again following the shinny icons on your screen and on your map.   The classes are super dull all the mechanics for each class are almost the same.  The path system is a fucking gimmick..

This game will be huge for the first month then everyone will return to whatever it was they were doing before and throw the shinny new toy into the closet with all the other AAA MMO's that have release in the last few years.

I was lucky enough to give Wildstar a try in beta and now I can save the money I would have spent on that and purchase TESO. Hopefully it will be something better.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431
    Wildstar is a game I would never even think about playing. There isn't anything about the game that makes me want to ever try it. So your prediction is false for me.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• cpupowercpupower Member Posts: 28
    Wildstar is not going to kill any MMO.I played Wildstar and TESO, I had a lot more fun playing TESO by far. Willdstar is a good game but there's nothing adult about it. The best way I can describe it is Ratchet and Clank the MMO. It plays and feel like a first gen PS3 action platform game. The game world looks like some artificial homogenized environment. Sort off like "Free Realms" no dangers just prance around and have fun, la la la... Most adults we be turned off by it. TESO is actually lots of fun and the game world is very realistic and gives you a since of danger that lurks beyond its lush landscapes. Very massive and immersive environments.
  • johnismejohnisme Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Ncsoft is a crappy company,rather go with teso or even blizzard.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Vonatar
    Originally posted by Fearum

7. No Raid Finder
    9. 40 man raids

If you're looking for a raid oriented, gear treadmill riding wow clone even down the art style, than yes. This game is for you.

I find myself in agreement. I am not usually one to wave the "wow clone" flag as it's horribly overused as a criticism. But Wildstar, for me, is probably the only game that really feels like wow re-mastered.

Ok so the combat is basically GW2 style with limited skills, dodge, telegraphs and red lines etc. But the rest of the game is right out of 2004. The questing was what stopped me playing within an hour. I'm sorry, but clicking quest text away, following the shiny arrow and killing 10 rats for my reward is not what I want to do in an MMO any more.

Sure some people will enjoy it, and good luck to them. I don't wish the game ill, nor do I think it's a matter of what's better or worse out of TESO and Wildstar. Different horses for different courses, and this one just isn't for me.

I would bet you weren't even out of the starting area.  Remember, not everyone has played mmos before.  They need to be eased into the mmo.  Doing that for the first 4 levels isn't that big of a deal.  Once you get in the first area (level 5-6).  You will get realyl fun and unique quests.  Not to mention the huge open areas.  You should give the game a chance.  I don't understand why people go into a beta.  Then quit in the beginning area.  I'm guessing you either had 0 interest in the game  before hand or you are just trying to troll and haven't played it.

Originally posted by iridescence

LOL this game is literally just WoW in space with GW2 combat. I don't think it will kill anything except maybe itself.

At least TESO has some  a bit of originality (not too much but a bit).

It's really nothing like GW2.  Unless you think LAS = GW2 combat. 

Originally posted by donpopuki

You sir win this thread.  Thank you.

Originally posted by cpupower
    Wildstar is not going to kill any MMO.I played Wildstar and TESO, I had a lot more fun playing TESO by far. Willdstar is a good game but there's nothing adult about it. The best way I can describe it is Ratchet and Clank the MMO. It plays and feel like a first gen PS3 action platform game. The game world looks like some artificial homogenized environment. Sort off like "Free Realms" no dangers just prance around and have fun, la la la... Most adults we be turned off by it. TESO is actually lots of fun and the game world is very realistic and gives you a since of danger that lurks beyond its lush landscapes. Very massive and immersive environments.

Obvious troll here.  I've played both games and your discription of both are not even close to true lol.  "Danger that lurks beyound it's lush landscapes", are you talking about ESO lol?  Completely different experience I had in beta lol.

This discussion has been closed.