Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar will KILL TESO!

hydrofoxhydrofox Member UncommonPosts: 17

Wildstar is unbelievable. 
Wildstar will be the best MMO over the next 5 years. 
1. It doesn't take itself seriously. It's hilarious, adult humor and just plain fun. 
2. Incredible fight mechanics with minimal UI. 
3. WoW like camera controls and movement (mouse view/move) 
4. Player housing is RIDICULOUS
5. The double jump. (Let me say it again, the double jump) 
6. They respect Elites & Casuals. 
7. No Raid Finder
8. A Hamster ball mount. <---Epic
9. 40 man raids
10. Raids that change weekly. 
They said the first 5 mans you encounter will take 45 minutes to 90 minutes depending on skill. The fights will be designed to prepare the player for raids. This game will be where everybody is at. So if you want community, play this game when it launches. 

The developer said they want to please hardcore raiders because they want to separate the greater players from the average players. They want you to walk in to a city with insane gear and have casuals be like "wow thats awesome! How do I get that!" 

These guys get it. A total original IP with an identity. 

TESO is not MMO enough for MMO fans and not skyrim enough for ES fans. 

Comments

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Didn't your product get like a ton of coverage on this site already?
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by hydrofox

Wildstar is unbelievable.  really
    Wildstar will be the best MMO over the next 5 years.  100 years I'm sure.

They said the first 5 mans you encounter will take 45 minutes to 90 minutes depending on skill.

The fights will be designed to prepare the player for raids. This game will be where everybody is at. So if you want community, play this game when it launches. ?

I know a few MMOs built around raiding which developed HORRIBLE communities.

The developer said they want to please hardcore raiders because they want to separate the greater players from the average players.

Bush also said 'no more taxes'. Politicians and salesmen never lie. Dividing your playerbase is THE best way for success.

They want you to walk in to a city with insane gear and have casuals be like "wow thats awesome! How do I get that!" 

Great, more elitist ppl with no lives going "hey you guys, all gasp at me and worship me or I go totally emo and throw my computer against the wall!" parading in a game.

I like MMOs, I like ES, and your opinion kinda differs from mine, how odd.

You seem to know all answers.

Go on and make me rich, which team will be in the next World Cup FInal and what will be the score? Who will win the Superbowl next year?

You sure you aren't a developer of WIldstarr getting paid to post this stuff?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

more people will play TESO, you might want to come back to reality.

as far as which game will be better? that is a personal preference thing.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

1. It doesn't take itself seriously. It's hilarious, adult humor and just plain fun. 
    7. No Raid Finder
    9. 40 man raids
    They said the first 5 mans you encounter will take 45 minutes to 90 minutes depending on skill. The fights will be designed to prepare the player for raids. This game will be where everybody is at. So if you want community, play this game when it launches. 

The developer said they want to please hardcore raiders because they want to separate the greater players from the average players. They want you to walk in to a city with insane gear and have casuals be like "wow thats awesome! How do I get that!" 

If you're looking for a raid oriented, gear treadmill riding wow clone even down the art style, than yes. This game is for you.

• booskAbooskA Member UncommonPosts: 79
    It is not hard, TESO is a really bad game.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Why do people even care who "wins" If both are good it's better for everyone. If only one is good ..."everyones" going to play it. This isn't a big life decision people have to make.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    From what I have seen WoW doesn't have anything to be concerned about from either game.
  • sojurnesojurne Member UncommonPosts: 8

7. No Raid Finder
    9. 40 man raids

... There is no skill in a game where every mob, telegraphs it's attacks ...  True skill involves, learning a mob's actions and then countering them WITH OUT any kind of stupid Indicator on the ground.....get over yourself... this will in the end be another boring no skill game .. /shrug.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

oh god, here we go again.

they said SWTOR kill WoW... dint hapened.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Why do people even care who "wins" If both are good it's better for everyone. If only one is good ..."everyones" going to play it. This isn't a big life decision people have to make.

I know a guy from work -38y old or something close to that- who made it his life work to destroy every MMO out there on forums just to prevent any player from his WOW guild leaving to that certain new game. That might be a reason

Also there's a awful lot of hormone troubled teens around with a burning desire to show off their  "my game is better then yours" epeen.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258

7. No Raid Finder
    9. 40 man raids

TESO is not MMO enough for MMO fans and not skyrim enough for ES fans

Wow its will be the ones that have to worry  ESO is a different game  Wow and Wildstar  will have same player base

Nah Wows gotta worry

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I know a guy from work -38y old or something close to that- who made it his life work to destroy every MMO out there on forums just to prevent any player from his WOW guild leaving to that certain new game. That might be a reason

Also there's a awful lot of hormone troubled teens around with a burning desire to show off their  "my game is better then yours" epeen.

every one want be special todays. damm idols and talent show on tv...

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Fearum

7. No Raid Finder
    9. 40 man raids

If you're looking for a raid oriented, gear treadmill riding wow clone even down the art style, than yes. This game is for you.

I find myself in agreement. I am not usually one to wave the "wow clone" flag as it's horribly overused as a criticism. But Wildstar, for me, is probably the only game that really feels like wow re-mastered.

Ok so the combat is basically GW2 style with limited skills, dodge, telegraphs and red lines etc. But the rest of the game is right out of 2004. The questing was what stopped me playing within an hour. I'm sorry, but clicking quest text away, following the shiny arrow and killing 10 rats for my reward is not what I want to do in an MMO any more.

Sure some people will enjoy it, and good luck to them. I don't wish the game ill, nor do I think it's a matter of what's better or worse out of TESO and Wildstar. Different horses for different courses, and this one just isn't for me.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Whoa relax man, there's plenty of people who would love to play a box cut-out on their screen fighting other box cut-outs. TESO will do just fine.
  • iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

LOL this game is literally just WoW in space with GW2 combat. I don't think it will kill anything except maybe itself.

At least TESO has some  a bit of originality (not too much but a bit).

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    I guess the OP likes Wildstar. Other than that this thread has zero purpose.

You stay sassy!

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Why must games always kill each other? Can't we all coexist? ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• VenthexVenthex Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Both look like your average themepark that holds your hand the whole game and only true endgame are "raids". Both can die to be honest.
  • A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Why must games always kill each other? Can't we all coexist? ^^

Nah   cause my pixels is better then your pixels  and can do more

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

oh god, here we go again.

they said SWTOR kill WoW... dint hapened.

WoW is king of the hill, TESO is not WoW. It is however the game being released close to Wildstar.

Personally IMO, TESO will sell a ton more but Wildstar will retain a larger playerbase long term, TESO will go F2P before Wildstar, but Wildstar will still go F2P. Wildstar is at least attempting innovation with its WoW clone, TESO isn't doing anything new with its DaoC 2 design.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    TESO will kill itself

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    I think WildStar is shaping up to be a far superior MMO, but TESO will sell more boxes at launch. Of course, I also think WildStar will retain much better and will eventually be more successful.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• MongooseMongoose Member UncommonPosts: 86

The last decade or so of MMORPGs have proven nothing will kill nothing when everything is a clone of something.

-Mongoose

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

And the OP rides the Hype train to the unrealistic/unreachable expectations he has built. Seen it happen before several  of times over many years and it never ends well. Best to keep oneself grounded with at least one foot in reality.

I will be trrying Wildstar I hope it will do well. I don't think it will kill wow, cure cancer, walk my dog and butter my muffins, but hopefully it will be fun for at least a few months. I will also be playing TESO its not got the corney WoW cartoony graphics that I've grown tired of  (cough*wildstar*cough) All to their own.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230

I wont be playing either game but my prediction is that wildstar will do better than teso over time.

teso brings nothing new to the table except for the ip, it will sell huge at the beginning then taper off over time like swtor.

wildstar will probably attract all the hardcore raiders and will last longer over time because once people hit the endgame raiding they will be grinding for their t1 so they can grind for their t2 so they can grind for their t3 so they can grind for their t4 so they can grind for their t5 so they can grind for their t6 so they can grind for their t7 so they can grind for their t8 so they can grind for their t9 so they can grind for their t10 so they can grind for their t11 so they can grind for their t12 so they can grind for their t13 so they can grind for their t14 so they can grind for their t15 so they can grind for their t16 so they can grind for their t17 so they can grind for their t18 so they can grind for their t19 so they can grind for their t20 so they can grind for their t21 so they can grind for their t22 so they can grind for their t23 so they can grind for their t24 so they can grind for their t25 so they can grind for their t26 so they can grind for their t27 so they can grind for their t28 (how new and exciting :) )

This discussion has been closed.