Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RP: Open Worlds

AtaakaAtaaka Member UncommonPosts: 213

Hey...

I've been thinking about the possibility of role-playing in one of the open world zombie games. It would simply be the best environment for learning to RP and staying in character.

I imagine that today's medium for communicating (Ventrillo, Teamspeak, etc...) could either enhance or kill the true essence of RP'ing.... Im not sure.

The best scenario for getting into RP is to join an existing RP group on your favorite game or simply being imaginative and creating your own from scratch. Does that mean you need to began talking in 18th century English? No. Does that mean we need to dress a certain way? No. Do we need to always walk or not ride mounts? NO. NO. NO.

If you want to RP, as some of us already do without knowing, simply make friends and suggest there be a theme (reason) for doing what we do. 

Anyone can RP. You just need to try.

Comments

• ViperDragonViperDragon Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Can you recommend any good open world zombie games?  If you decide to RP in any of them, I'd love to be included.  I write horror screenplays and novels for a living, and I'd enjoy getting involved in a related RP in my down-time.

A great list of free games (mostly MMORPGs): http://www.mytop10games.com/

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by ViperDragon
    Can you recommend any good open world zombie games?  If you decide to RP in any of them, I'd love to be included.  I write horror screenplays and novels for a living, and I'd enjoy getting involved in a related RP in my down-time.

Well that's easy, Dayz standalone is the best one. Rust is pretty good too.

• ViperDragonViperDragon Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa
    Originally posted by ViperDragon

Well that's easy, Dayz standalone is the best one. Rust is pretty good too.

Okay, now this is just totally cool.  Thanks very much for posting those.  I'm just on Dayz now, about to watch their video.

A great list of free games (mostly MMORPGs): http://www.mytop10games.com/

• JeriethJerieth Member Posts: 12
    I hear DayZ is a lot of fun. I would like to see them polish everything first, before I play it though. Can't wait to try it. It sounds very unique compared to other mmo games. (Especially since there is permadeath)

www.playnswap.com
    Trade in your old video games for new ones, FREE!