Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Forbes Predicting Biggest Disaster of 2014

1246713

Comments

  • sketocafesketocafe StoupaPosts: 801Member Uncommon
    Console players are the reason we're up to our necks in paid DLC and in game cash shops. How do people figure they won't go for a monthly fee?
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,655Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ZombieKen
    Originally posted by Amjoco
     

    Ya, it does seem to be an odd new category that sites have been promoting. I'm not sure what the gain is from determining this ahead of time, and/or what they will achieve from it. I can see Forbes possibly taking an interest in it, but Massively? It is like if Ford posted it's 2014 Focus will fail. Why would a game website want to predict a failure? It seems like the publicity would hurt the title and relations with the developer and the publisher.

    Stock play.   Zenimax is privately held and MIGHT be in position to pull down some very large earnings with TESO.  Either way it will bring a lot of news.

    Make ripples in the water, and other game company stocks (publicly traded ones) will move.  Not to mention stocks for console manufacturers.

    Hurting the title is only the direct effect.  Indirectly, there's money to be made.  At least that's my guess.

    Then again, maybe someone with lots of money wants it to fail.  They might be trying to poison the water before it enters the race.  However, I find this somewhat unlikely.  I don't see that Forbes readers are likely to be buyers of the game, but it might be intended to indicate that the game is not something to be viewed in a good light.

    I wouldn't rule out any possible motivation, especially if it involves money.

     

    Holy tinfoil, batman. Did you guys even bother to click the link? It's an opinion piece by contributor Paul Tassi. It isn't "Forbes", it's one of their bloggers.

    Do I think Tassi is right? Actually, if $200M is a real number then I think he's spot on. However, the uninformed craziness that this particular blog posts is the machinations of a multi-million dollar economic magazine empire pulling the puppet strings of the gaming industry is just ridiculous. 

    Get informed. Read about a writer and actually read their work before slapping at keys to suggest they have an unethical agenda or are on the take. ZombieKen, you're not a Millenial. You know how to do research. That post was below you. 

    There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

  • DrailliDrailli flora, MSPosts: 34Member
    I don't see this game doing as well as people think, mainly because I've tried it. I won't break nda but I will say Elder Scroll fans that actually read the lore books in world and like the elder scrolls lore and world will not be very happy with this game. As well it plays nothing like the franchise it's based on, and you can get that from videos.
  • GdemamiGdemami Beau VallonPosts: 7,860Member Uncommon


    Paul Tassi and his glory moments...

    Poor guy is beyond hopeless.

  • RattsRatts Springfield, MAPosts: 48Member
    Originally posted by amber-r

    Realy surprising a website like forbes would post an article as stupid as this, this kind of thing can lead to self fulfilling prophecies.

     

    This article could be seen as damaging of an upcoming title, I wouldn't be surprised if legal action was possible.

     

    It's not written as someone that has played the title, it's not written as a review of a released product, it's not even written by someone that knows what they are talking about or has much knowledge of the mmo genre.

     

    I expect this kind of nonsense from a biased website like massively but Forbes?  Surprising.

    It's written as an opinion article and analysis of the market.  What legal action . . . libel?  They'd have to prove that Forbes lied and had negative intent, neither of which is at all possible here.

    For what Forbes was publishing, playing the game isn't necessary.  It's someone's view of the market, the brand, and the business model.  The piece is also published as a piece of guesswork, and acknowledges that the budget figure they're quoting is far from confirmed.

     

    Maybe I'm biased because I tend to agree with their points.  From the little time I had in TESO beta (NDA violation, omg!) the game is fine but not worth a sub imo.  It's about the quality of GW2, which has it's fans and detractors, but fundamentally approached the market differently by being B2P and using boosts and cosmetic items in their cash shop.

    I have a feeling that if Bethesda/Zenimax had gone the same direction with TESO we'd all be excited.  So you risk your $50 on a box, but then can come back to the game any time to see how they've improved it.  The sub model fundamentally raises the stakes and I think will prove to be a big mistake.

  • TamanousTamanous Edmonton, ABPosts: 2,125Member Uncommon

    Makes sense seeing the history of late. The article would be taking more of a risk saying ESO would succeed without even looking at facts. I await to see how the actual game is regardless of payment model. The payment model is a complaint outside of the actual game play and it is starting to get old hearing that as the primary complaint for why the game will fail. ESO dropping their NDA will make things interesting finally.

     

    It is not the mmo model I want but still hope it's good enough for a distraction. 2014 will be an interesting year for the genre. It will be a year where big budget traditionally made mmos are released along side the first waves of kickstarter mmos all trying different approaches (or old approaches perhaps). 2015-16 will be even more interesting imo. Just seeing companies try new things and seeing what sticks to the wall is vastly more interesting that what has transpired in the last few years.

    You stay sassy!

  • greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ratts
    Originally posted by amber-r

    Realy surprising a website like forbes would post an article as stupid as this, this kind of thing can lead to self fulfilling prophecies.

     

    This article could be seen as damaging of an upcoming title, I wouldn't be surprised if legal action was possible.

     

    It's not written as someone that has played the title, it's not written as a review of a released product, it's not even written by someone that knows what they are talking about or has much knowledge of the mmo genre.

     

    I expect this kind of nonsense from a biased website like massively but Forbes?  Surprising.

    It's written as an opinion article and analysis of the market.  What legal action . . . libel?  They'd have to prove that Forbes lied and had negative intent, neither of which is at all possible here.

    For what Forbes was publishing, playing the game isn't necessary.  It's someone's view of the market, the brand, and the business model.  The piece is also published as a piece of guesswork, and acknowledges that the budget figure they're quoting is far from confirmed.

     

    Maybe I'm biased because I tend to agree with their points.  From the little time I had in TESO beta (NDA violation, omg!) the game is fine but not worth a sub imo.  It's about the quality of GW2, which has it's fans and detractors, but fundamentally approached the market differently by being B2P and using boosts and cosmetic items in their cash shop.

    I have a feeling that if Bethesda/Zenimax had gone the same direction with TESO we'd all be excited.  So you risk your $50 on a box, but then can come back to the game any time to see how they've improved it.  The sub model fundamentally raises the stakes and I think will prove to be a big mistake.

    I'm excited they ARE going the sub route and care about what their game plays like more than having micro-transactions. Seems you aren't the only person on the play field. As a person who bought GW2 and is no longer playing it but could. I believe that speaks well enough.

  • Carl132pCarl132p Columbus, INPosts: 535Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Carl132p
    Leave it to mmorpg.com to be completely taken in by ESOs crap. Everyone who's played beta including myself know that the combat is GOD AWFUL and the quests aren't any good either. Those caves you love to explore in skyrim? full of turds running around slaying everything the second it spawns. The cool little mini stories that come with quests? not cool in the least, more annoying than anything. 

    So you are trying to tell us who haven't played the game that we should just take your word for it and start believing that game is awful?

    Sorry but i like to make my own opinions and decisions. Obviously not everyone is going to like the game, which is expected and is a very natural thing. And i don't think you are in position to speak on behalf of 'every one' who has played the beta.

    I AM in that position because NO ONE, who has experienced how poorly done the combat is, comes away saying man that was really well implemented. Your melee swings do as much damage as an auto attack in a normal mmo which leaves you sitting there stock still in front of a mob swinging away like an idiot because there is not point to moving around. Sometimes the mobs charge up a power attack and a big obvious box tells you to hit them, which causes a stun, then they sit there and get pummeled some more, but definitely don't die because your hits do nothing. Blocking doesn't actually block the attack, not only does the mob not respond to you blocking, you don't respond to you blocking and you take some damage for it. Whatever awesome combat the videos have lead you to believe is here is definitely not here, and again, the quests are shit. Have fun collecting ten more bear asses for the millionth time.

  • BetaguyBetaguy Halifax, NSPosts: 2,590Member
    Originally posted by Rzep
    The day I start taking what Fobes says about video games seriously is the day I start telling the future by examining diarrhea.

     QFEx2....

    +1 for lulz.

    image

  • greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Carl132p
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Carl132p
    Leave it to mmorpg.com to be completely taken in by ESOs crap. Everyone who's played beta including myself know that the combat is GOD AWFUL and the quests aren't any good either. Those caves you love to explore in skyrim? full of turds running around slaying everything the second it spawns. The cool little mini stories that come with quests? not cool in the least, more annoying than anything. 

    So you are trying to tell us who haven't played the game that we should just take your word for it and start believing that game is awful?

    Sorry but i like to make my own opinions and decisions. Obviously not everyone is going to like the game, which is expected and is a very natural thing. And i don't think you are in position to speak on behalf of 'every one' who has played the beta.

    I AM in that position because NO ONE, who has experienced how poorly done the combat is, comes away saying man that was really well implemented. Your melee swings do as much damage as an auto attack in a normal mmo which leaves you sitting there stock still in front of a mob swinging away like an idiot because there is not point to moving around. Sometimes the mobs charge up a power attack and a big obvious box tells you to hit them, which causes a stun, then they sit there and get pummeled some more, but definitely don't die because your hits do nothing. Blocking doesn't actually block the attack, not only does the mob not respond to you blocking, you don't respond to you blocking and you take some damage for it. Whatever awesome combat the videos have lead you to believe is here is definitely not here, and again, the quests are shit. Have fun collecting ten more bear asses for the millionth time.

    Do you expect players to act the same in PVP as mobs?

    Mobs are supposed to be easy to kill in games, they are the fodder or am I missing something.

    Any game with a targeting reticule it doesn't behoove you to move around wildly or you change where you are aiming. It sounds more like you don't like the targeting as a baseline.

    Are you missing running around in circle eights while hopping around with your sword? I wouldn't miss people doing that.

    Why didn't you mention that there is no skill cooldown and it's only based on magicka and stamina draining so no more waiting for skills to be ready to use or that holding a skill down makes the damage increased for ranged attacks. Or that stealthing increases the damage to a target or that you can stealth while fighting.

    You ever ponder that you are trying to play the game a way that you expect it to be played like you have in other games instead of a way suiting the game and playing on its qualities?

  • CoatedCoated Woodside, CAPosts: 339Member Uncommon

    If this game has any success, it will not be because of the game play.

    Again, this game is lucky that it has the elder scrolls name to back it up, otherwise box sales would be marginal at best. Just like SWTOR, it was lucky it had Star Wars in the title to give it a little more mmph. You think SWTOR was a terrible fail? Just imagine that game without the huge title name.

    TESO is terrible. I realize this is just opinion, just like your opinion to defend it at this point, but the game is crap. It just sucks that people are putting their 'everything' into this game, because the disappointment for them is going to be the worst.

     

    Another 200M wasted on a huge team with no vision, no original thought and poor execution. The saddest thing for me is the wasted time and effort on these relics who need to stop making MMORPG's.

  • kilunkilun Apopka, FLPosts: 709Member Common
    Originally posted by Ice-Queen
    I think he has a point somewhat. Console players absolutely will not pay a monthly subscription fee to play it. They're just not that type of gamer, they're the pay $60 for a game, play it til they beat it, then move on type of gamers. I think the game will have a devoted fanbase like SWTOR did ((though no one can do as horribly as the SWTOR team did)), and end up selling a lot to begin with but dwindle down to a few hundred thousand players. Though I prefer subscription based mmo's it will not be worth one. Having played it, I don't see it being a big blockbuster mmorpg.

    You do realise that a lot of MMO players buy consoles, and a lot have wanted to sit on their couch and role an MMO, this maybe the one that finally does that fully supported, remember FFXI still is on console and was ported over to XBox360 years later (what was it 2010?)  So there is a market for it.

    www.ozumgames.com

  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,655Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sketocafe
    Console players are the reason we're up to our necks in paid DLC and in game cash shops. How do people figure they won't go for a monthly fee?

    Console gamers have nothing to do with it. 

    The MMO gamer pre-ordered their game, paid extra to play it before it was released, shelled out for the CE, and agreed to a monthly fee. To add insult to injury, they willing paid for the expansions, too.

    The MMO gamer has time and again told the industry "I have no familiarity with history, no concept of the difference between hope and reality, and absolutely no end to my wallet if you tell me over and over the words that I want to hear - that the game is made for me, that the features will revolutionize gaming, and that it is all based on my personal feedback."

     

    After all, that is exactly how the past three years of MMOs have been sold, and it is the entire sales pitch for the Steam Early Access games, all of which start with "get involved with this game as it develops." Why? Because the buying patterns of the PC gamer have proven for well over a decade that there's money in doing it.

     

     

     

     

    There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

  • DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCPosts: 4,818Member
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
     

    Console gamers have nothing to do with it. 

    The MMO gamer pre-ordered their game, paid extra to play it before it was released, shelled out for the CE, and agreed to a monthly fee. To add insult to injury, they willing paid for the expansions, too.

    The MMO gamer has time and again told the industry "I have no familiarity with history, no concept of the difference between hope and reality, and absolutely no end to my wallet if you tell me over and over the words that I want to hear - that the game is made for me, that the features will revolutionize gaming, and that it is all based on my personal feedback."

     

    After all, that is exactly how the past three years of MMOs have been sold, and it is the entire sales pitch for the Steam Early Access games, all of which start with "get involved with this game as it develops." Why? Because the buying patterns of the PC gamer have proven for well over a decade that there's money in doing it.

     

    But it's 100% the devs fault. They should be better people and just know the customer has no self control.

  • PigglesworthPigglesworth Delaware, OHPosts: 257Member Uncommon
    If people are willing to hand them money, you expect them to turn it away?

    @PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

    Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

    Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi LONDONPosts: 661Member Uncommon

    I have heard from an insider working on the game that it is no more than just "meh" at best.

    This game is doomed.

  • Mikey_HazardMikey_Hazard Syracuse, NYPosts: 84Member
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by Carl132p
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Carl132p
    Leave it to mmorpg.com to be completely taken in by ESOs crap. Everyone who's played beta including myself know that the combat is GOD AWFUL and the quests aren't any good either. Those caves you love to explore in skyrim? full of turds running around slaying everything the second it spawns. The cool little mini stories that come with quests? not cool in the least, more annoying than anything. 

    So you are trying to tell us who haven't played the game that we should just take your word for it and start believing that game is awful?

    Sorry but i like to make my own opinions and decisions. Obviously not everyone is going to like the game, which is expected and is a very natural thing. And i don't think you are in position to speak on behalf of 'every one' who has played the beta.

    I AM in that position because NO ONE, who has experienced how poorly done the combat is, comes away saying man that was really well implemented. Your melee swings do as much damage as an auto attack in a normal mmo which leaves you sitting there stock still in front of a mob swinging away like an idiot because there is not point to moving around. Sometimes the mobs charge up a power attack and a big obvious box tells you to hit them, which causes a stun, then they sit there and get pummeled some more, but definitely don't die because your hits do nothing. Blocking doesn't actually block the attack, not only does the mob not respond to you blocking, you don't respond to you blocking and you take some damage for it. Whatever awesome combat the videos have lead you to believe is here is definitely not here, and again, the quests are shit. Have fun collecting ten more bear asses for the millionth time.

    Do you expect players to act the same in PVP as mobs?

    Woe unto anyone expecting PvP to be a highlight of ESO… 3 Factions is cool, but the actual PvP gameplay in ESO is going to be lackluster at best.

    I haven’t played the game, so I could be totally wrong here, but I’ve played all of the Elder Scrolls games and exactly zero of them would translate well into a PvP environment. If ESO is expecting to cater to the Elder Scrolls crowd, chances are very good that the PvP will be horri-bad.

    "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

  • GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,332Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kitarad

    Isn't SWToR making money why would it be a failure ?

    For some reason people have a notion that if you can't topple WoW, then it's a failure.  

     

    The reason why WoW is played by so many is because they're the only MMO that has a marketing team with money.  Rift did some marketing, but nothing like WoW.  Blizzard spent a lot of money on advertising on TV, even in primetime.  I know a lot of players in WoW that got the game as a present for birthdays or christmas, because someone they know saw the commercial and bought it for them...

     

    Now back to the topic at hand.  I don't think it'll be a disaster.  Will it be  14 million subscribers strong? No, you'll never see another MMO like that, so just forget about it already lol.  Will it make money and be sustainable?  Who knows...it's like the weatherman.  He can get it close, but they never get it right.  Same with game predictions, I would say it'll be a fairly successful game.  They'll make money off it.  I hope it stays as P2P, as subscription is the only model I play, and will ever play.

  • cnutempcnutemp Fairfax, VAPosts: 229Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by General-Zod
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by cnutemp

    I think they may be right.   TESO brings nothing new to the table other than their IP.  Quest hub grinding to max level then 3 faction pvp?  Sounds like guild wars 2, and I already have that game.

    If you really think GW2 is a good example of 3 faction PvP I feel sorry for you friend.

    Guildwars mirrored class 3 "server" affair was disgusting. I feel sorry for him too...

    So a quest hub grinder with better 3 faction pvp than guild wars 2?  You cant bank your 200+ million dollar budget on that.  That still isn't offering anything different than the competition other than the IP.  I still don't see this game keeping anyone other than half of their TES fans (with the other half leaving because they realized the gameplay was a complete 180.)

  • Mikey_HazardMikey_Hazard Syracuse, NYPosts: 84Member
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    Originally posted by kitarad

    Isn't SWToR making money why would it be a failure ?

    For some reason people have a notion that if you can't topple WoW, then it's a failure.  

     

    The reason why WoW is played by so many is because they're the only MMO that has a marketing team with money.  Rift did some marketing, but nothing like WoW.  Blizzard spent a lot of money on advertising on TV, even in primetime.  I know a lot of players in WoW that got the game as a present for birthdays or christmas, because someone they know saw the commercial and bought it for them...

     

    Now back to the topic at hand.  I don't think it'll be a disaster.  Will it be  14 million subscribers strong? No, you'll never see another MMO like that, so just forget about it already lol.  Will it make money and be sustainable?  Who knows...it's like the weatherman.  He can get it close, but they never get it right.  Same with game predictions, I would say it'll be a fairly successful game.  They'll make money off it.  I hope it stays as P2P, as subscription is the only model I play, and will ever play.

    I played WoW since beta. The first commercial I saw for the game came out sometime around WotLK… 3 expansions deep… They already had like 10+ million subscribers at the time.

    WoW’s success was due primarily to the established franchise, world-renowned developer cred, and the fact that it was for all intents and purposes; it was the world’s first big budget, mythos-established, AAA themepark MMO. Yeah, there was marketing, but I dare say Rift, etc. actually outspent WoW’s early-on marketing budget simply because they HAD to. No-name developer, new IP, etc.

    WoW was a pioneer in the broad-appeal MMO market. Yeah, there were already MMOs but none with the kind of rabid fan-following that comes with Blizzard. You could argue that Star Wars (Galaxies) was a bigger IP than Warcraft (and you’d be right), but the difference is that Blizzard fans already all owned PCs… Because… Blizzard games.

    "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member


    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Loktofeit  
    Console gamers have nothing to do with it.  The MMO gamer pre-ordered their game, paid extra to play it before it was released, shelled out for the CE, and agreed to a monthly fee. To add insult to injury, they willing paid for the expansions, too. The MMO gamer has time and again told the industry "I have no familiarity with history, no concept of the difference between hope and reality, and absolutely no end to my wallet if you tell me over and over the words that I want to hear - that the game is made for me, that the features will revolutionize gaming, and that it is all based on my personal feedback."   After all, that is exactly how the past three years of MMOs have been sold, and it is the entire sales pitch for the Steam Early Access games, all of which start with "get involved with this game as it develops." Why? Because the buying patterns of the PC gamer have proven for well over a decade that there's money in doing it.  
    But it's 100% the devs fault. They should be better people and just know the customer has no self control.


    Why?

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Henderson, NVPosts: 363Member Common
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by Rzep
    The day I start taking what Fobes says about video games seriously is the day I start telling the future by examining diarrhea.

     QFEx2....

    +1 for lulz.

    Forbes isnt a Gaming Review Magazine. Its a Business Magazine.

    They arent discussing the game itself, but the direction the Business is taking.

    Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

    Games Played: Too Many

  • sayuusayuu glendale, AZPosts: 199Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

    I have heard from an insider working on the game that it is no more than just "meh" at best.

    This game is doomed.

    Really?

     

    Because I heard (from a "insider") that this game is being called the savior of MMO's and best game of all time past, present, and future!

     

     

  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,439Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by Rzep
    The day I start taking what Fobes says about video games seriously is the day I start telling the future by examining diarrhea.

     QFEx2....

    +1 for lulz.

    Forbes isnt a Gaming Review Magazine. Its a Business Magazine.

    They arent discussing the game itself, but the direction the Business is taking.

    Yes of course and it makes total sense because game reviews mean absolutely NOTHING<the ONLY review that matters is how a game rates to each individual and we all have different views.

    I will not pretend to be able to dissect the game itself,i know little of the game but i do follow all gaming.My opinion is that the game is not marketed on the same level as Trion's Rift or Wow or even EQ Landmark or Wildstar.Marketing DOES matter a lot.

    Also another very annoying thing i noticed when i was looking for a certain game of late is that the major gaming stores ONLY carry large number of Blizzard products and for some other big names they do not even have one copy on console or PC.

    What  i see is TESO is doing minimal marketing ans has yet to put out that one big PR idea that makes it sound worth playing.

    it is possible TESO could end up a top 5 game of all time,but the OTHER factors tells me the game "might" struggle a bit under their expectations.Timing will as always be key,i do not think they want to go head on with a few other big titles,so they need to pick a sweet spot in between.


    Samoan Diamond

  • MardukkMardukk Posts: 1,556Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by cnutemp

    I think they may be right.   TESO brings nothing new to the table other than their IP.  Quest hub grinding to max level then 3 faction pvp?  Sounds like guild wars 2, and I already have that game.

    I was reading about PVP last night, it's already going to be better than GW2.

    You can place then MOVE all the siege engines except the ram. Can't do that in GW2.

    Your target is based partly on your reticule for aiming, no more hopping and attacking. No more easy mode.

    A guild can only own one keep at a time. In GW2 one super guild can dominate the landscape.

    If you do own a keep, as a guild you can setup a trading store there.

    A person can join 5 guilds.

    Everyone in the game can stealth. It's not limited to a single class to be able to sneak up and attack. That makes for tactical play without everyone being a thief. You want to be a heavy armor wearing magic caster stealthing around? Can do.

    They built the game to support 200 players regularly on the screen at a time. Do I even need to remind everyone about invisible players in GW2 because they couldn't handle the amount on the screen and in their battles it was around 250 players per side maximum. Wasn't their final solution to that - we can't fix it so we will just take away all culling.

    The campaigns will be 3 month increments instead of just weeks per match. There is more than one campaign going on at a time, you aren't stuck in one match.

    You will NOT have to be in queue for hours to play PVP. It scales so that people don't have to wait - see campaigns.

    There are no jumping puzzles in PVP with people who don't want to PVP taking up space on your side while they aren't fighting. You know how many times I waited in queue just to find out that other people inside were getting their map completion or jumping puzzles while our points dwindled away in GW2 because those people didn't want to actually play PVP. Never again.

    Someone is going to be crowned Emperor after the end of campaigns.

    They have leaderboards for PVP.

    They reward healing in PVP and you aren't going to be ignored for playing a support character. It's not just DPS characters that will get rank on the leaderboards. That is so freaking HUGE! Healers never got counted and now they will.

    There is no loot in PVP from other players so that people focus on fighting instead of leaving the fight to loot like the greedy little hoarders gamers can be.

    The area for PVP is supposed to be the size of 9 normal zones. Nine freaking zones.

    There is PVP specific gear.

    Keeps aren't just keeps, there are 3 resource areas around each keep feeding it supplies, those can all be attacked to weaken the keep. That gives smaller groups something to do and gives each keep 4 potential places to defend/attack.

    I haven't even seen but two videos on this and about 4 articles. I've gathered all that and having played GW2, I can spot that this is better.

    I'm hoping for PvE in the PvP zone, that drops better unique rewards not found elsewhere in the world.  Should be better than GW2 at least.  

     

    Not sure if the game will flop or not.  It all really depends on the PvP zone.  The PvE isn't looking to be anything much different, unfortunately.  At least the game doesn't have overly stylized gfx and there is more of a focus on first person mouse look combat over zoomed out 30,000 feet over the character.

Sign In or Register to comment.