Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Rising: Flying Scythe User Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has revealed the first details about the next class to be introduced to TERA Rising. Called the "Flying Scythe User", the new class is a mid-range melee character that will be available to players with at least one level 40 character.

Enjoy.

Edit: Now that I've got some sleep, here are some translations as to what this class is about.

Flying Scythe-user (Yeah, this sound so much better on Korean than on English)

- This class uses mid-ranged flying scythe weapon and dark magic.

- Can only be created if the player owns a level 40 character, but when you create her, she starts as a level 50 character.

- The story revolves around an invasion on Pora Elinu by a horde of Orcans from "Twilight Nest" during the Argon Wars, burning the Tree of Life and causing Lida Elin to an exile. These new classes are the "mercenaries" of an unknown elin.

- There is a speculation that this mysterious elin is the third elin princess, Syona Elin. Her role in the Argon Wars is detailed in "Chronicles of The Argon War" (Lore fanatic would recognize this book).

She has the following skills (Translations for skill names are very rough)

Flying Scythe (FS) Combo Attack - Basic attack.

FS Overhand Strike - A chained attack that attacks frontal enemies.

FS Stunning Strike - Attacks enemy from the air to stun it.

Read more on the TERA Rising forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Class looks great, highly mobile with an overloaded kit. Is this LoL?

Anyways, class is exciting but the real good news is that they are going back to creating challenging dungeons, shortly after this class releases they are going to release a dungeon considered harder than Shandra Manaya was on release along with another raid that has a hardmode that is set at a much higher difficulty than the current main raid in the game.

http://teratoday.com/tera-news/asia/ktera-winter-update-new-instances

With F2P they made everything easier but clearly the community wasn't too thrilled so they are going back to the super challenging dungeons(hopefully) games like GW2 couldn't even begin to fathom.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

this game would have done so much better without the Elin race here in the West.....that, and the whole "cute" part of the game was a big turn off for me. 

However, it's good to hear they are still churning out content for it and people are playing it. 

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    i would have been all over it if the world hadn't been nothing but straight paths from one point to another.
  • FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

this game would have done so much better without the Elin race here in the West.....that, and the whole "cute" part of the game was a big turn off for me. 

However, it's good to hear they are still churning out content for it and people are playing it. 

The game would have done so much better as a Monster Hunter kind of MMO. It had everything in place but those awful quests had to be put in.

And yeah, screw Elin. God of War, meet Elin of War.

• RamadonisRamadonis Member Posts: 18

Huh...a race/gender locked class? I guess it makes sense lore wise, but it's an odd choice. Never seen an MMO do that before

Edit: I mean, have a free class/gender system, then release a gender locked class...

• Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340

It was easily THEE MOST LINEAR mmorpg i have ever played in my whole life, it makes WoW look like a sandbox MMO.

It was seriously pick up Kill Quest and collect x/y quest from point a->b->c, the graphics were amazing and the game ran smooth as ever. Fun classes and amazing combat, the loot system was terrible also, it was seriously here is quest for new lance and 10 quest later another new lance, there wasnt any customization with the class you picked in terms of gear or anything.

I loved to tank as my lancer and i loved the combat, even the dungeons were a bit fun. If this was a sandbox game then i would've been all over it. Pretty game but with no depth 

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

If you honestly think that, you've never spent much time in the game. Take that race out and 50% of the people still playing would probably be gone....and yes there are a lot of people still playing. If it was enough to make someone not play...who cares what they think. If it isn't that, it'd be something else anyway.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

this game would have done so much better without the Elin race here in the West.....that, and the whole "cute" part of the game was a big turn off for me. However, it's good to hear they are still churning out content for it and people are playing it. 
    Yeah, lets completely ignore boring and grindy leveling, no organized PvP at launch, 3 5-man dungeons for endgame PvE at launch and a gearing system that combines extreme grind with extreme randomness.

So, yeah, you are right, its entirely the fault of one of the races as to why Tera did not do well.

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

Tried this game, couldnt even get to max level, it was just that bad...

I even got my friend to level with me, he got bored and quit before I did. I cant see how this game is getting all the hype.

Originally posted by cagan

Tried this game, couldnt even get to max level, it was just that bad...

I even got my friend to level with me, he got bored and quit before I did. I cant see how this game is getting all the hype.

Since when does TERA get hype? Lol.

Also, nobody has ever ever ever said the leveling process was any good, it's downright terrible, everyone agrees.

The combat, graphics and monster designs are praised. Not too much content on release but what they had was good, now for a new player theres so much content you don't really know what to do at 60, you end up really lost.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Is that really the best they could come up with for a class name?  might be the worst class name in MMO history
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by DamonVile

If you honestly think that, you've never spent much time in the game. Take that race out and 50% of the people still playing would probably be gone....and yes there are a lot of people still playing. If it was enough to make someone not play...who cares what they think. If it isn't that, it'd be something else anyway.

I noticed after taking a long break from this game how much the Elin population had grown from the early days.  It seemed like for some reason Elin players stuck around at higher percentages than people who played other races.  While I personally hate the idea of an Elin only class it's hard to blame them for catering to what their player base has clearly chosen.

Originally posted by syriinx
    Is that really the best they could come up with for a class name?  might be the worst class name in MMO history

It's fan translated from Korean to English, I can 100% guarantee you that's not the name of the class.

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

Just saw the new class video:

http://tera.hangame.com/event/updatePart6.nhn

Kinda cool, but still can't tell what armor type the class is using... hopefully heavy armor like zerkers. But whom am I kidding? I'll be using a costume anyways. XD

New class reminds me of Vella in Vindictus btw. ^^;

Cheers.

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by Fappuccino

God of War, meet Elin of War.

THis right here sums up the teaser trailer on the korean site in 1 sentence.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• MugiMugiMugiMugi Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by ZagatoMKR

Just saw the new class video:

http://tera.hangame.com/event/updatePart6.nhn

Kinda cool, but still can't tell what armor type the class is using... hopefully heavy armor like zerkers. But whom am I kidding? I'll be using a costume anyways. XD

New class reminds me of Vella in Vindictus btw. ^^;

Cheers.

It was confirmed months ago, the new class will use Light Armor, the 3 armors you se on that page is class locked  armor skins that htey can use.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Originally posted by Kaspanova

Originally posted by Xiaoki

Yeah, lets completely ignore boring and grindy leveling, no organized PvP at launch, 3 5-man dungeons for endgame PvE at launch and a gearing system that combines extreme grind with extreme randomness.

So, yeah, you are right, its entirely the fault of one of the races as to why Tera did not do well.

[mod edit]

Millions of players is meaningless for Free to play MMOs.

How many are paying? How many are completely free? Having 1.9 million players actively playing the game and not paying a dime is in no way a success.

Heh, remember when SOE announced that Free Realms had 2 million players? Yeah.

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159

[mod edit]

2 million players hidden where?

NA has 6 servers. http://tera.enmasse.com/server-status

EU has 12 servers. http://en.tera.gameforge.com/community/serverstatus

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Ramadonis

Huh...a race/gender locked class? I guess it makes sense lore wise, but it's an odd choice. Never seen an MMO do that before

Edit: I mean, have a free class/gender system, then release a gender locked class...

Its simple economics. By having it only Elin, they seriously cut down on the development of art assets and all of the related staff work.   But as far as I'm concerned, its too little too late.  I quite enjoyed the game (four level 60's. Lancer, Warrior, Slayer, Zerker).  But I really hate the Elin.  But since its the most popular race in KTera, thats hardly a surprising choice.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • phoenix_genma_kenphoenix_genma_ken Member Posts: 34

this class-weap is a copy directly from the king of the hack n slash genre god of war

they should name the weaps chain of chaos too lolol

• ReaperJodaReaperJoda Member UncommonPosts: 76

Genderlocked=FAIL!

.....Game started off gear, then got stale.  Now they try to revamp it with a genderlocked class? wtf is this china? we are forced to eat rice and like it.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

They look like Shunei Hisagi's weapons, from Bleach Anime.

• gezodiacgezodiac Member Posts: 5
    I did play an elin, I played when it was p2p none of the p2w crap. And while I do not know how many would  still be playing (playing and paying to be more precise) if the elin was removed or altered.... but you cannot be serious with making a class only playable by a SINGLE race. It is obviously pandering to one specific type of player (not play style but personality) and alienates everyone else. Why don't they just remove every other race and make this an elin only game? I was actually thinking of playing it again as a free player to see how it has changed, but nope.
  • KaspanovaKaspanova Member UncommonPosts: 61

edit

• KaspanovaKaspanova Member UncommonPosts: 61
    2 million players hidden where?

NA has 6 servers. http://tera.enmasse.com/server-status

EU has 12 servers. http://en.tera.gameforge.com/community/serverstatus

Every single server is at Population: High

Whats your point?

2 million are playing Tera

Millions of players is meaningless for Free to play MMOs.

How many are paying? How many are completely free? Having 1.9 million players actively playing the game and not paying a dime is in no way a success.

Heh, remember when SOE announced that Free Realms had 2 million players? Yeah.

There is a sub option there too called Elite at $15 p/month.

Even if 2% of people are paying the Elite sub, that's $600,000 a month

Having played Tera for a year, subbed and Elite, I would guess that number to be massively higher than a meager 2%. I would guess that 20% of all players use the shop on a regular basis as well as the item shop.

But I will never know the true figures and nor will you.