Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: The 2013 MMORPG.com Awards

Comments

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    Originally posted by Gretelda

bad year for MMOs (i enjoyed FFXIV ARR and POE),mediocre for PC,Good for PS3,X360 Great for 3DS if you are a 3DS fan that is.

2014 is gonna be awesome for all.specially RPG fans its gonna 2011 all over again...

I played my 3DS more than any other console. The new Zelda was amazing.

+1

My ps3 is all dusty and my xbox hasn't been touched in over a year, but my 3DS seems to always need charging XD  I love A Link Between Worlds. It's my game of the year overall, but nobody on any site seems to pay any attention to the 3DS, which imho, is the best of this generation of consoles..even though it's a handheld.  Wii-U a close second hehe.

Back on topic,  pretty good list, really wouldn't change anything or argue with anything except veteran.  I'd still say WoW, but I'm biased (points at signature, avatar, and quote lol) and they did lose subs this year, but it's still fun for me.  And like Bill said, that's what games are for :)

Wildstar might actually be the one that pulls me away from WoW.  There just hasn't been anything to keep me away from WoW.  If I hadn't put so much time into WoW, I would probably still be playing FFXIV.  I just can't leave my warrior, druids, and all my alts XD

• MatryoshkaMatryoshka Member UncommonPosts: 98
    2013 was a terrible year for MMOs. I agree with this list, and I disliked both FFXIV and Neverwinter. But they really were the best we had for 2013, it was sad. Here's hoping 2014 is better!
  • TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286
    ya not been a very fun year in mmos not had much fun the most fun i have had playing a game is bf4  on my ps3  i enjoyed moments of gw2 intell i tried to wvw and was just a huge zerg fest was wha the efen has pvp turned into   ug the secret world has given me some enjoyment but not  unforgetible moments of game play i look forward to destiny i was liekn shroud of the avatar but then the combat  did not look fun or very skillfull button masshing again sigh
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Stopped to read articel after my eye cought this crap: Game of the Year - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. You can not be serious?? Worst mmo disappointment ever being game of the year? 
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I disagree with almost every single choice...

But FF XiV MMo of the year?

Since there where no good MMos at all released this year, the title MMo of the year does not fit any game... 2013 was just a really bad year for new releases.. and FF XIV was not even a new release..  but the seccond chance of the single worse release ever in MMO history.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Funny bad year for MMO's but I still have too many games on my play agenda.  Having fun with Lotro and Eve atm.
  • ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Let's hope 2014 wont be even more bad than 2013...
  • RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

I agree with most.. 2013 was pretty uneventful.. In fact the entire genre has been crawling along for years now.. From where I sit based on my preferences of gaming..  Rating 2013 is like a food critic going to a soup and bread line and giving their recommendations..  /shrug.. Here is to hope that 2014 will change the genre in a better direction..  /crossing fingers

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    No need for awards. We all know that Pirate 101 is the best MMO of 2013.
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    LOL at putting EVE and WOW on the list. Was that just to keep the criticism to a minimum? You forgot Best Cancelled MMO - SWG (pre NGE)
  • b92303008b92303008 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Game of the year goes to Final Fantasy? You have got to be kidding me.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by b92303008

Ok well what MMO has released this year that's better?  I agree with the award..

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by b92303008

Why?  The Buzz was there and many people enjoyed it for a time.  It was a legit choice. Its not like last year with that Kingsisle game where they posted free stuff and asked people to vote for their game.

• Mikey_HazardMikey_Hazard Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by akiira69
    Originally posted by Dauzqul
    I didn't realize what a bad year 2013 was in terms of gaming. lol. Just my opinion.

I didnt realize that you mistook your opinion of games as a general consensus of every video gamer in the world.

Ummmmm.....

You just QUOTED a dude who clearly ended his statement with "Just my opinion" and then proceeded to accuse him pushing his view as a consensus. Are you aware you did this? Were you not hugged enough as a child or something?

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

• MironasMironas Member Posts: 2

I still find it utterly amazing that WoW still has a loyal fanbase based on what uttr sh*te that game truly is.

Eve online claiming first prize for vet Award is very well deserved. That game has depth, story and one of THE most loyal (and let's not forget) active fanbase around. Avg. age of a player in Eve is 1 heckuva lot higher than the pile of **** WoW truly is.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by akiira69
    I didn't realize what a bad year 2013 was in terms of gaming. lol. Just my opinion.

I didnt realize that you mistook your opinion of games as a general consensus of every video gamer in the world.

Ummm.....

Yeah.

• MironasMironas Member Posts: 2
    Amen Brother.
  • NovuhzNovuhz Member UncommonPosts: 31

Why is a game that is not an RPG listed in there? looks at DayZ...

It's a fps survival game what does it have to do with RPG genre at all?

Why is there even 2 games listed in 1 award?

You are getting payed well to advertise DayZ huh?

• ivaylo1981ivaylo1981 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    2013 only 2 games - POE and FFXIV
  • GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359

just to clarify when i and probably some other posters say this year was bad for MMOs we are only referring to launched game of this year and nothing more.this doesn't mean FFXIV: ARR and POE and stuff were bad,they were very good actually for those that enjoyed them(i did) but still weren't enough to fill the void in this year.if more ppl were willing to give the games a chance it could make the games more enjoyable too since the more the merrier and it would also stop some people from some unnecessary nitpicking but ultimately the games that got released this year weren't very good enough and weren't long termish for many.just my opinion.still doesn't mean you shouldn't try them if you didn't already and they may grow more.(POE has over 3.7m signed up for now although since it's f2p it might not matter that much but still.although the competition is hot next year :D gonna be good)

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

This ^

I even caught myself laughing at 'Defiance: Most Innovative'. Since it essentially won the award by default, for promising to do something it never actually did, lol.

/facepalm

• IDontThinkSoNoIDontThinkSoNo Member UncommonPosts: 57
    This is sad.
  • akkedis86akkedis86 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Originally posted by ste2000
    Most innovative Defiance?
    It really says it all about 2013.. ....

Defiance is actually massively funfor me, despite the ratings. Though it plays like a Single player casual shooter. The open world content, and massive raids are pretty cool. It is a casual game to be honest, but I like it.

• Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167

Seriously. This list is a joke...

Game of the Year - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn 

It made Game of the Year because it was like the only AAA MMO that came out this year...and it's crap

Most Anticipated - Wildstar

OK, how does "Most Anticipated" fit into a 2013 awards category??

Rising Star - EverQuest Next Landmark & DayZ

(See comment above)

Best Hybrid MMO - Path of Exile

...and since there are no actual good MMOs that came out this year, let's just make up some new categories

Most Innovative - Defiance

It's true that the TV show tie-in was a cool idea, too bad they both sucked.

Best Veteran MMO - EVE Online

And yet another category that shouldn't even be in a "Best of 2013" list, since this and WoW have been out for years.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Originally posted by discord235

Seriously. This list is a joke...

Game of the Year - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn 

It made Game of the Year because it was like the only AAA MMO that came out this year...and it's crap

Most Anticipated - Wildstar

OK, how does "Most Anticipated" fit into a 2013 awards category??

Rising Star - EverQuest Next Landmark & DayZ

(See comment above)

Best Hybrid MMO - Path of Exile

...and since there are no actual good MMOs that came out this year, let's just make up some new categories

Most Innovative - Defiance

It's true that the TV show tie-in was a cool idea, too bad they both sucked.

Best Veteran MMO - EVE Online

And yet another category that shouldn't even be in a "Best of 2013" list, since this and WoW have been out for years.

It is difficult to have a full list for 2013 when only two MMos came out that were P2P or B2P. This is a sign of the time for MMO land, it cannot even muster a proper best of year list.