Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has crafting been tested at all? 3 months till release here.....

MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

So I'm wondering since the most recent beta weekend, which was about a month ago, has there been any closed beta going on at all where crafting has been implemented?  Has it been tested at all?  Because it wasn't in yet for that recent weekend test.  Just seems pretty concerning that they are already locked into a release date and a system as big as that hasn't really even been worked through by the fans to give feedback and suggestions for positive changes.  Look at Wildstar for example.  I'm not a huge fan of that game but I give kudos to their development and closed beta process.  There have been quite a few game systems that got so much heat in closed beta they chose to completely rework those systems, which they can afford to do because they aren't locked into a release date of any kind.  But ESO hasn't even given it's crafting system a test drive at all, as far as I know, and we are 3 months from launch now.  Kind of scary.

Comments

• RampajiRampaji Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by Margulis

So I'm wondering since the most recent beta weekend, which was about a month ago, has there been any closed beta going on at all where crafting has been implemented?  Has it been tested at all?  Because it wasn't in yet for that recent weekend test.  Just seems pretty concerning that they are already locked into a release date and a system as big as that hasn't really even been worked through by the fans to give feedback and suggestions for positive changes.  Look at Wildstar for example.  I'm not a huge fan of that game but I give kudos to their development and closed beta process.  There have been quite a few game systems that got so much heat in closed beta they chose to completely rework those systems, which they can afford to do because they aren't locked into a release date of any kind.  But ESO hasn't even given it's crafting system a test drive at all, as far as I know, and we are 3 months from launch now.  Kind of scary.

Dont let fear run your world :)

Be the change you want to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi

• SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152
    I'm expecting the crafting to be much like Skyrim's crafting system.. which is nothing special, quite simple actually. Can't go wrong with it, though. Atleast not in my opinion.
  • PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260
    The recent Konkle interview indicated the were reworking the crafting system.

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I just hope they are making a system that

a does not force people intoo crating

b does make crafters rare

c does make crafted gear wanted

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ArbroathArbroath Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by cura
    Im expecting some simple system just so they can say they have crafting in game. Just like in most other themparks.

If this is the case. My sub will last all of the first month. I'll unsub and simply wait on Camelot Unchained where there is an entire class devoted to crafting...

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by cura
    Im expecting some simple system just so they can say they have crafting in game. Just like in most other themparks.

unless the Dev's have no concept of what detailed crafting is then you would have to be wrong. None of us know, I would guess one of two things: 1) they havent decided what the system will be 2) the system is done a fully thought out and is there bread and butter so they are waiting till the last minute to show us.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    I would not be too amazed if it were just another Dress to impress gear system much like GW2. So I doubt armor or weaponry will be meaningful craftables. Minor components for colors and special bonuses maybe and styles. Alchemy might be something especially pvp potions for RVR. But typically when themepark meets RVR its hard to imagine a game with any meaningful crafting system. Even less than a normal themepark.
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Game is still under NDA, so not really any info available yet.