Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free iOS app to alert you when things are found on the Auction House

uglybluecatuglybluecat Member UncommonPosts: 12

Hi,

I've written a free app that alerts you when it finds something you want on the Auction House

http://itunes.apple.com/app/auctionalert/id794979289

I was just wondering what people thought of it?

Thanks,

UBC :)

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Does i require to add my wow account and password  in the app?

because in that case i would never use it

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• uglybluecatuglybluecat Member UncommonPosts: 12

There is no need to enter your userid at all!

Just choose your realm & faction, fill in the name of the item you're looking for and a price if desired and hit save,

The web service checks blizzards public API every hour and sends you a push notification when it finds it!

:)

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Nice, now if we could get you to make it for the most used mobile OS in the world I could use it too! haha. I have a fairly large group of friends and relatives, and almost all of them (probably 95%) use Android devices. 

I applaud what you have done though, it would be useful. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

I'm a WoW player (since vanilla) and I wouldn't use an app that required userid & pw either!

I got hacked once and it wasn't nice! I did get most of my gear back tho, so it was ok :)

An android version is in the pipeline.

Anouncements will be made on uglybluecat.com

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    now this is interesting, I will test it. cheers.

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by uglybluecat

Hi,

I've written a free app that alerts you when it finds something you want on the Auction House

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ahtellme/id730931046

Thanks,

Is it free?

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Completely free!

I set out to make an app that I would find useful (and I do!), then decided to publish it.

Blizzards licencing doesn't allow me to charge for it, so I put ads in it (hope you don't mind)

The ads are non-intrusive though, so you can just ignore them :)

Originally posted by Betaguy

Hi,

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ahtellme/id730931046

Thanks,

Is it free?

I went to his link and it is free. Because I am an Android user, the site attempted to send a telepathic link through my keyboard trying to brainwash me into the darkside of Apple! haha!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

I would have loved to had something like this for Diablo III but since they are removing the AH kind of late for that. :(

App looks great tho keep up the great work

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Amjoco

I went to his link and it is free. Because I am an Android user, the site attempted to send a telepathic link through my keyboard trying to brainwash me into the darkside of Apple! haha!

Oh, I had hoped you wouldn't notice the HTTTP (hyper text TELEPATHIC transmission protocol) code! :)

Originally posted by Betaguy

I would have loved to had something like this for Diablo III but since they are removing the AH kind of late for that. :(

App looks great tho keep up the great work

Yh, sry, but I wasn't writing apps when I played Diablo III.

Thx for saying u like it :)

An android version is in the pipeline.

Anouncements will be made on uglybluecat.com

Superb! I wish I had the time to learn what you guys have to develop apps for mobile devices. I'm an old dog and it's hard to teach me the new tricks. For now, I will just play!

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    SO this is how IDIOTS lose their account and later blame Blizzard  ?  Humanity stupidity  have no limits !

Oh, I had hoped you wouldn't notice the HTTTP (hyper text TELEPATHIC transmission protocol) code! :)

Thank goodness Windows Firewall was there! Android and Windows stomp out evil! haha 

Originally posted by MikePaladin
    SO this is how IDIOTS lose their account and later blame Blizzard  ?  Humanity stupidity  have no limits !

huh?

Edit: Oh I see. As the developer/OP said you don't add any of your account information. You wouldn't lose anything.

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592

huh?

If I knew programming and were author of app I would  insert some key logger  into it  I would have access to so many accounts even to credit card if you buy something ^^.  ( used my self for some reasons )

In 2004 appeared a web site which was asking your LOG and Pass so that they will add you lot of gold  in one  MMO  guess what happen to many peoples xD

If you find you Character naked  don't blame Blizzard xD

huh?

If I knew programming and were author of app I would  insert some key logger  into it  I would have access to so many accounts even to credit card if you buy something ^^.  ( used my self for some reasons )

So you don't use a mobile device? From what you are describing anyone could do this with any of the millions of apps out on iOS or Android as they develop them.  I don't understand what you are trying to say here. You are telling us not to use his app or any one elses because you believe someone is going to insert a keylogger into our phones?

huh?

In 2004 appeared a web site which was asking your LOG and Pass so that they will add you lot of gold  in one  MMO  guess what happen to many peoples xD

If you find you Character naked  don't blame Blizzard xD

Just to be clear:

You do not enter your details into ahTellMe

Just select your realm & faction, type in the name of the item and hit 'save'

The web service alerts you by push notification when the item is found.

No personal data is taken :)

I love Trolls!

I have a lvl 90 troll druid (Syeypsyyphta eu-hellfire) and I just created a bright blue troll monk! You should see him when he rolls! =D

Another point to note:

ahTellMe works in any region, any realm, any language!

... any language WoW supports anyway.

That is; the text in the app is still in English, but you can search in French on a french server, or in Russian on a russian server...

I love Trolls!

I have a lvl 90 troll druid (Syeypsyyphta eu-hellfire) and I just created a bright blue troll monk! You should see him when he rolls! =D

The problem with them is they can't read very well. That is why there are human Paladins to thwart them and their stupidity.

I love Trolls!

The problem with them is they can't read very well. That is why there are human Paladins to thwart them and their stupidity.

I tell ya; there's not much funnier than a lanky blue troll rolling around Durotar! :)

ok, there is this:

http://youtu.be/YRgNOyCnbqg

I love Trolls!

I tell ya; there's not much funnier than a lanky blue troll rolling around Durotar! :)

ok, there is this:

http://youtu.be/YRgNOyCnbqg

The first comment is pretty good!