Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spent over 550 dollars on WoW in Subscriptions alone and I hate the current incarnation of the gam

I mean think about it, I played up till WOTLK, the game was drastically different back then, more grouping and open world pvp just to name a couple things.

I spent half a grand on this game, and I cant even install it and play for a minute because of how poorly designed and away from its original content the game has become. So my question is, do I have any right to legal recourse against Blizzard? Or am I just forced to play a game that is drastically different than what I agreed to originally?

Comments

• previnprevin Member UncommonPosts: 47
    You didn't read the Terms and Conditions did you.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Legal recourse?

• kalosjakarkalosjakar Member Posts: 4

please tell me you are kidding.

yo papa gino's that pizza i ate 2 years ago, yeah.... it wasn't that great, can I have my money back?

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

I mean think about it, I played up till WOTLK, the game was drastically different back then, more grouping and open world pvp just to name a couple things.

I spent half a grand on this game, and I cant even install it and play for a minute because of how poorly designed and away from its original content the game has become. So my question is, do I have any right to legal recourse against Blizzard? Or am I just forced to play a game that is drastically different than what I agreed to originally?

Two things:

1. No

2. Why on earth would you ask for legal advice online?  Go ahead and find an attorney to take you up on your offer?  I hope you have a few million in a bank account. 

I happen to be somewhat upset with recent Windows patches, do I have legal recourse?

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416

Did anyone sue SoE over the pre/post CU Patch?

Dont think so.

Theres your answer sir

---

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Are you serious?

Have you read your Eula before hitting the Accept button?

It clearly states that the game experience might change over time without notice.

So if you pressed "Accept" it means it was fine by you................. you cannot ask the money back now............ Lol

• ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156

My first visit to the forums in 2014 and I got two laughs out of one post.

First at the original question then again when I thought about someone asking legal advice on an Internet MMO message board. 2014 is already shaping up to be a classic year. :)

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Feel free to cancel your account and stop giving Blizzard any more money.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Pretty sure the OP knew the answer to his question, and had no intention of following through.  He just figured it would be a clever way to start another "WoW sucks" thread.  

He was wrong.

• PravanaPravana Member Posts: 48

It's a new year. Make a resolution to cancel your World of Warcraft sub and never look back. Don't bother with suing anyone it's waste of time and you already feel like you've wasted your money. So..don't.

Happy New year!!!

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Quit the game, there is no reason to play wow for more than 1 month.
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

You have no rights. You paid to play the game. You played the game.

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

Legal recourse?

This +1

• LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by MikePaladin
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

Legal recourse?

This +1

Shit that is amusing.  

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    I enjoyed reading this topic. It's brilliant.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    And the resentment in 2014 begins!
  • GrimfargoGrimfargo Member UncommonPosts: 59

Thank you Sir, you made my day.

• richarddoylericharddoyle Member UncommonPosts: 84

I am a lawyer and this is my legal advice: spank yourself repeatedly.

Disclaimer:  richarddoyle is not really a lawyer.  richarddoyle cannot be held be held liable for any damage that may occur as a result of taking richarddoyle legal advice.  All richarddoyle legal advice is final.  No returns, no refunds.

Played: DAoC, AC2, WoW, CoH, GW, GW2, WAR, AoC, Champions Online, Rift, Dragon Nest, Vindictus, Warframe, Neverwinter, Dungeon Fighter Online

Currently Playing: Dungeon Fighter Online Global

Waiting for: None

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    There have been dozens of people just like you that have successfully sued and won millions. It sounds like you have a strong case too, when was the last time you played?
  • ZydariZydari Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Just shows that no one reads the EULA.

Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor.

Thomas Jefferson

• CobaltusCobaltus Member UncommonPosts: 36

I truly am a lawyer, but one only needs a sixth grade education to answer your pathetic question:  (1) You repeatedly, over a long period of time, bought the product; (2) There was nothing missing from the product that you purchased; (3) You woke up from a New Year's Eve bender and realized you spent too much money on the game, (and that your girlfriend was a smelly fat pig); and as an aside (4) It is because of people like you that I went to law school. =Res ipsa loquitur.

• zSurrenderzSurrender Member UncommonPosts: 16

This is by far the stupidest post I've ever read in my life on any forum.

Dude, go cry about it.

• LugorsLugors Member UncommonPosts: 184

I know we're feeding a troll, but we can't resist apparently. 

You paid them for a product, and then did not like the product. 

The prudent thing to do would be to stop paying for said product. 

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Originally posted by Zydari
    Just shows that no one reads the EULA.

Or has an ounce of common sense.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

This discussion has been closed.