Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPGcom appreciation thread / happy new year.

cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
Just want to say thank you to Bill Murphy, SBFord and all the staff here that make the website possible and for dealing with one of the whiniest forum communities on the internet.  This is my go-to website to find my next game.  Thank you all again and happy new year.

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I second that.

For all the complaints, MMORPG.com forum is still the most open, the Mods are quite understanding, and you can say pretty much everything you want as long you don't directly offend or troll another person.

In 10 years I got maybe 3-4 warning, and as you can see from my posts I am hardly Ghandi...........

So well done guys, keep it going.

Anyway if I have to make a critic (it won't be me otherwise) you should really start being more critic with AAA MMOs.

Way too often you give the wrong impression of supporting big developers by being too nice with your reviews/previews, even going against the general consensus of your member base.

Just my 3 cents..........

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I'll add my words to those above :) Thanks for the great job putting up with us. Have a great New Year!

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Yeh, happy new year!

This forum is more fun than many games, MMOs included.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

All things considered they do a really good job.

Happy New Year!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I've pretty much given up game shopping.  However, my thanks to MMORPG.com staffers for a clean well-lit place for news, opinion pieces and forums.  I think I have more fun here than in the games.  image

2014?  Ugh.  But happy new years to all. :-)

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

Happy New Years from this account and my other banned accounts PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE.

Heres hoping that 2014 is the year an account can last for at least a year =P

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Originally posted by cnutemp
     one of the whiniest forum communities on the internet.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by cnutemp
    Just want to say thank you to Bill Murphy, SBFord and all the staff here that make the website possible and for dealing with one of the whiniest forum communities on the internet.  This is my go-to website to find my next game.  Thank you all again and happy new year.

Word. MMORPG.com is one of my daily stops. Actually, I spend an inordinate amount of time here. I really enjoy the features and game coverage, and I get a kick out of the forums. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Among the bad, there's also some good. Thanks for that.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    I agree, thank you guys and happy new year. I probably come here at least once a day and enjoy most of the articles.

Forum PvP on mmorpg.com is often more fun than PvP in-game. the open and fair way these forums are run is what makes it possible.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

Happy New Years from this account and my other banned accounts PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE.

You changed up the routine a lot. The new you rocks. My money is on it making the full year. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    A merry new year to the staff of a great site for gaming news and debates. I am grateful that I found MMORPG.com.
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

You changed up the routine a lot. The new you rocks. My money is on it making the full year. 

LOL-

Thanks man. That made my day =)

Cheers and Happy New Year

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    I like this corner of the internet just fine, and wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for doing what you do, staff and other related administrative dudes.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

ya... *whinegrumblegrumble* great site .... *snarky* thanks.

actually i was thinking about this the other day. BMurphy had put something up and people  just went to town on him and the site. and i thought wow, that's alotta flack he takes on regular basis.

but then i was comforted by the thought that he's not doing this for free :)

merry new year to you all. my most favoritest forum pvp site.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Though oft maligned, this site is pretty much the only place I have visited to discuss games for over 7 years now.

It's been a great value, well being free and all of course, and while I certainly don't always agree with how it's run, I do appreciate the staff's efforts to create a good gaming site, especially the forum.

Looking forward to the new changes in 2014.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by aspekx

ya... *whinegrumblegrumble* great site .... *snarky* thanks.

actually i was thinking about this the other day. BMurphy had put something up and people  just went to town on him and the site. and i thought wow, that's alotta flack he takes on regular basis.

but then i was comforted by the thought that he's not doing this for free :)

I think Bill is doing great actually.

What I like about him is that he tries hard to understand what MMORPG.com members want/need.

Just because he is paid, that doesn't mean that he has to accept so much criticism, it is not easy, even if you are paid well.