Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your most anticipated MMO game/expansion of 2014..

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,116Member Uncommon

Just name one....

Here we go, my choice is 

The Elder Scrolls Online

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Edison, NJPosts: 457Member Common
    The Repopulation

• syriinxsyriinx New York, NYPosts: 1,079Member Uncommon
    Im more interested in Next than Landmark, so Warlords of Draenor by default.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Somewhere, MIPosts: 7,974Member

Warlords of Draenor, but also Destiny (not technically an MMO) and Diablo 3 expac (also not technically an MMO)

• RandaynRandayn Sellersville, PAPosts: 883Member Uncommon
    Elder Scrolls Online and The Repopulation (Repop would win the tiebreaker if it was actually in beta, but taking way too long to get there and Im concerned it wont get there)

• PpiperPpiper Horsham, PAPosts: 649Member Uncommon
    Warlords of Draenor 
  • DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDPosts: 17,512Member Uncommon
    The Repopulation

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at one's character in the face of logic and reason- Me

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarrePosts: 3,712Member Uncommon

Game: Everquest Next Landmark.

Expansion: Draenor.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.

"I worked for great gaming companies, I know more than you about development!". - yeah, even great gaming companies need people to empty the trashcans and clean the toilets...

CPU: Core I7 6700k (4.4ghz) - GPU: ASUS R9 290x-DC2 OC 4Gb DDR5 - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston SV300 480gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Hannspree 23" Full HD LCD monitor - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

• azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,078Member Uncommon

The Division

Because I think ESO is a trainwreck in waiting and EQN is not coming out this year.  Not a crafter and I hated minecraft so Landmark gets no hype from me.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• HatefullHatefull Posts: 872Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Vayman
    The Repopulation

Same, hoping it makes it to BETA, this new round of kick starter and Green Light should help but I am not holding my breath.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

• BearKnightBearKnight Augusta, GAPosts: 461Member
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Just name one....

Here we go, my choice is 

The Elder Scrolls Online

Probably "The Division" since it is coming to PC now.

ESO is a failed experiment to go heavy themeparky and trying to bring in multiple crowds while still not honoring the original IP concept of Elder Scrolls, so no go there.

The Repopulation would have been my choice if they had been using a different engine than Hero Engine. Hero Engine is very, "Waxy" feeling when you work on it. Not a very good choice for an engine tbh.

• ZzuluZzulu Washington, ALPosts: 452Member

I'm not anticipating much for 2014.

I guess I'll keep an eye on Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar but I doubt I'll play either outside of the betas. EQ:Landmark interests me but I'm not sure how it'll qualify as an MMO yet

for 2015 it's EQ:Next and Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade all the way.

I only heard of The Repopulation yesterday and it certainly has many interesting sandbox features but you can see from a mile away that it's going to be buggy and unfinished at launch so I'll just wait a year or two before I venture into that mess

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,673Member Uncommon

The Division

Elder Scrolls Online

• RaidonnRaidonn Appleton, WIPosts: 10Member Uncommon
    Elder Scrolls Online
  • stealthbrstealthbr BrasiliaPosts: 1,053Member
  • SWGbestevaSWGbesteva detroit, MIPosts: 10Member
    In order, The Repopulation, EQ Next, and Wildstar, though EQ Next and Wildstar are probably tied right now.
  • MalviousMalvious Knoxville, TNPosts: 207Member Uncommon
    Nothing its going to be another year of fail mmo's o/

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Sible HedinghamPosts: 1,683Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vayman
    The Repopulation

This for the moment, but I'll wait and see how the cash shop pans out before even trying it.

• greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon

Elder Scrolls Online.

But, I'm not nearly as enthused as I was about the last MMO played, I'm hesitant and leery. I think it would be the same for any game, not this one alone. It hasn't released any double-talk yet that makes me concerned - it's just past experiences from other games coming to the forefront playing the wagging finger reminder of what can happen. Good news is I haven't played an MMO from these people so the slate for their company is clear with me. I can name companies now whose products I will  avoid from past experiences. For those companies bridges are burnt and I couldn't trust them to make toast as they promise.

• severiusseverius sacramento, CAPosts: 1,505Member Uncommon

Absolutely positively nothing.  Unless something is brewing with zero press coverage I cannot see myself parting with a dollar or 1mb of hard drive space for the drivel that these companies are pushing out their doors.

• Viper482Viper482 Somewhere, FLPosts: 1,092Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

The Division

Elder Scrolls Online

According to the devs Destiny is not an MMO and is not coming to the pc. Just sayin....

My vote goes to hoping Black Desert gets here in some capacity. Other than that very disappointed with a few betas I was in for some big name titles coming out this year. Wish there was something to look forward to :/

• SiphaedSiphaed Everywhere!Posts: 902Member Uncommon

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 23,421Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Viper482

According to the devs Destiny is not an MMO and is not coming to the pc. Just sayin....

Close enough.

Destiny is listed here just like D3.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 9,585Member Rare

ArcheAge US/EU

New Expansion - Rift 3.0 (also D3 RoS)

Also looking forward to Defiance DLC 3-5 and season 2 shows

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 6,009Member Uncommon

Well, the biggest thing that has my curiosity this year is the fact that AO actually has a replacement engine in beta.

I want to see WOW:WoD too.

• PhryPhry HampshirePosts: 6,515Member Uncommon
    I'll have to go with the Division, okay its more of a multiplayer online thing than an MMO, but, the graphics looked awesome and i like FPS, though not so keen on 3PS. Mostly though i just see myself playing the same games i was playing in 2013. image