Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end of the year "Most fun MMORPG in 2013" top 5´s

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

What MMo´s did you have most fun playing in 2013 ?

Here are mine...

1. LOTRO

2. GW2

3. WoW

4. SWTOR

5. ...  (well some games come to mind, but then where they really that much fun to own this spot?)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I don't think I played 5 mmos this year, and some of the ones I did play I wouldn't list as "most fun" ...like gw2 :P

1: Tera

2 I guess defiance. The story and game play were actually really fun. The game is just so short.

3: does warframe count as an mmo ? :)

4: path of exile 

5: firefall

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

1. FFXIV

2. Defiance

3. EVE

Didn't really play anything else.

• TohcixTohcix Member Posts: 13

Was going to reply with some good mmo's.. but tbh i cant name any.

The same mmo's have been around for years, and the fun in those games are starting to drip out.

Firefall is fun a few days, then the only thing to do is thump and silly missions.

Thumping is where i fall asleep, it's SO boring, yet the main income of materials. also advancing above tier 8 is stupidly tiresome.

Rift is a sweet game, but it's just SO close to WoW, that leveling up a char is not fun, it's tedious. and i have a lvl 57 mage, but it takes me forever to level it up, just a little bit.

WoW is same thing. Now we are at the end of MoP expansion, and everybody and their mount is running around in stupidly high end gear, making dungeons a bore to run through, LFR is a pain to get up and running.

LOTRO is same thing, if you aint in a guild, there aint much to do. And i have been trying to do deeds, but killing 200 of the same mobs = not fun at all, or using a specific skill 200 times.... /Sigh.

I hoped i would have atleast 1 game to mention... but there are none.. sorry.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    1. Lord of the Rings Online
    2. The Secret World
    3. DC Universe
    4. Age of Conan
    5. Age of Wushu

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

1. Mortal Online

2. The Secret World

3. Neverwinter

4. Star Trek Online

5. Defiance

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• GuyClinchGuyClinch Member CommonPosts: 485

GW2.

FFXIV

WoW.

Haters don't like em. But if you actually enjoy MMOs - these were the games. The technology to make the game that people want doesn't exist - so you have to pick and choose your compromises.. I didn't like the lore of WoW  (Panda's + feel good zen stuff) but it still makes top 3 because of general polish and developer care.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I only played one MMO this year and it was Darkfall UW. It was fun for awhile but it seemed to have died off hard after about 3-4 months. Other than that I was playing mostly FPS games, Dayz for a few weeks, BF4, can't forget - Simcity for only about a week (waste of money there, shitty EA)

Not a good year for gaming for my taste. I guess the transition to the next gen consoles put a hold on a few titles until next year. We will see, next year doesn't have to try hard to beat 2013 the bar was set low for 2014.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

1. LOTRO

2. Rift

3. GW2

... can't think of anything else unless I expand the answer to be "games covered at mmorpg.com" in which case...

4. Path of Exile

5. Diablo III

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Rift just game back and put in 150+hrs already with only pvp
    DFUW I just love this game even as more of a solo player
    I played other games this year but none really held my interest besides these 2.

Steam: Neph

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Age of Wushu 

Planetside 2

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    • FFXIV
    • EQ2

Other than that Rift, Defiance, and Neverwinter were fine as temporary distractions once in a while.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

1. SW:ToR (It brought me back in for 6 months.)

2. Guild Wars 2

That's it. I didn't have enough time for 5.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

1. DFUW

2. UO private server

3. PoE

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    The most fun game of 2013 is Planetside 2. Pound for pound fun it beats everything else even if fun is a personal experience its still more fun than sitting in an instanced raid with your magical swords and pretend magic!
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

1 D3

2 Incredible Adventure of Van Helsing

3 Marvel Heroes

4 STO

5 GW2

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

For rating of fun I would go

1. GW2

2.LOTRO

3.Firefall

4. AoC

5.Not sure if I had a 5th but I will but SWOTOR because I know I had some good drunken nights of that shit

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• Tabloid42Tabloid42 Member UncommonPosts: 200

1)LOTRO 

2)DCUO

3)The Secret World

4)RIFT

5)DDO

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Honestly, I didn't enjoy any MMO for an extended period of time this year.  The best game I've played is currently in beta, and it's one I'm definitely going to play when released.  As for games currently out:

1)  LOTRO (very please with the expansion)

2) SWTOR (went back for a time to work on some more of the stories)

3) Age of Conan (great atmosphere and overall look)

And that's about it.  I've played others, but they weren't interesting enough to even include on this list.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Wicoa
    The most fun game of 2013 is Planetside 2. Pound for pound fun it beats everything else even if fun is a personal experience its still more fun than sitting in an instanced raid with your magical swords and pretend magic!

sitting in a desert with your pretend gun is indeed more fun.

Fun is subjective. Certainly it is not more fun for him.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    DAOC freeshard set to 2003 ruleset was only mmo i enjoyed in 2013.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

I Think The Secret World

and Defiance was the greatest MMO*S of 2013

...Good to see there is a few others that lists Defiance :)

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

1.Wow

2. Rift (only because of raids and wonderful people from my guild on Zaviel EU).

3. FFXIV

Others aren't worth mention.

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

1.LOTRO

2.Firefall

3.Nether ( when it works)

4. Eve Online

5. Asherons call 2

There are tonnes of others but this is my list of faverates.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• NextGemNextGem Member Posts: 42
    I didn't play any MMORPG's this year that made any real impact. I'm kind of disappointed coming to this realization. I played GW2 and ToR but I literally got to level10 and said F*** It. Am I growing out of MMORPG's or has there really been nothing worth playing? I could name a few games I played the s*** out of this year, but they aren't MMORPG's so I won't bother..

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Final Fantasy XIV

Guild Wars 2

Secret World

Rift

Neverwinter

The last two was basically was because I was bored so what the hell