Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I have to purchase BOTH WoW and MoP?

I was under the impression that, like with previous expansions, one would just buy MoP and the "vanilla" WoW would be included in the install. Is this the case or do I actually need to purchase BOTH WoW and MoP to have full access to the game? Do I need to purchase any of the other expansions between those two versions, too? 

Thanks

Comments

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

You need to buy both, but they are prices to be combined the same as a normal all in one.  i think Vanilla - Cataclysm is 20 bucks and MoP is 30, for a ocmbined 50.  which includes the free month.

I think they are on sale for 15 bucks combined right now.

• MMOVet82MMOVet82 Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by syriinx

You need to buy both, but they are prices to be combined the same as a normal all in one.  i think Vanilla - Cataclysm is 20 bucks and MoP is 30, for a ocmbined 50.  which includes the free month.

Alright, cool: So I just need to buy WoW + MoP = access to everything? 

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by MMOVet82
    Originally posted by syriinx

Alright, cool: So I just need to buy WoW + MoP = access to everything? 

yup, if you do it through Blizzard.  Up until very recently all expansions were sold separately.  But with the combined 15 dollar price its basically free since you get the first month included.

Great - Thanks again for the info and clarification. Appreciated. 

I'm actually just about to buy this but I wanted to make sure of something first: WoW is selling, at a special $14.99 price tag for today only, "World of Warcraft: The Complete Collection".

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/checkout/upgrade-selection/US/WOW?gameAccountId=61526886

Would buying that give me WoW + MoP and everything I need for the full version? 

Thanks again...

• FrankVLucasFrankVLucas Member UncommonPosts: 45

As far as I can see on EU battle.net, buying World of Warcraft includes all of the expansions except Mists of Pandaria. So, by buying WoW+ MoP from battle.net you will get the complete game + 30 days subscription.

I think I got it all set up. The only thing is that apparently your order, upon payment, goes into a "queue" and will not activate the full version for up to 72 hours. Other than that I can create a Pandaran and enter the game world and what not but it still basically acknowledges my account as a starter account and I can't create new threads on the forums. Hopefully it updates soon. 
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I just started playing again during my winter vacation and I'm surprised at the fun I'm having. I started with 2 level 80s, and just finished the Cata content on one of them, and I'm starting the MoP content on that character now. I don't know if I'll get to play for another three months or so, but it's been fun for the week or so I've had to play. :-)

I'm surprised at the number of people I've seen in the Cata leveling zones too. Far more than I would have expected.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

I'm surprised at the number of people I've seen in the Cata leveling zones too. Far more than I would have expected.

I'm actually seeing quite a bit of players leveling alts in the starter zones, too. I got a few guild invites immediately.