Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The truth is a great MMORPG does exists out there that...

Comments

• agamooseagamoose Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I had a couple of game shoot to mind really quick. Then the more i thought about what the OP had written the more the list had gone. Could be anything giving the sheer amount of games out there now. I will say SWG and UO are 2 of the games I jumped to first.

Don't Hunt What You Can't Kill

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

The biggest irony of all this is how the first MMO's ever released still offer far more than anything else that came afterwards...

Did I forget to mention the epic music, ambience and the weather changes? No wonder I'll go for a record (has not spent $ on a new MMO for 4 years) if I indeed stick with this MMO until 2015+

I mean seriosly, what else can offer me more and do better that's coming in near future? I sincerely hope to see developers/companies come together to deliver a single AAA product where they can all share the profit over delivering dozen of low budget, rushed projects understaffed.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Kopogero

The biggest irony of all this is how the first MMO's ever released still offer far more than anything else that came afterwards...Did I forget to mention the epic music, ambience and the weather changes? No wonder I'll go for a record (has not spent $ on a new MMO for 4 years) if I indeed stick with this MMO until 2015+I mean seriosly, what els
    e can offer me more and do better that's coming in near future? I sincerely hope to see developers/companies come together to deliver a single AAA product where they can all share the profit over delivering dozen of low budget, rushed projects understaffed.

.....reported for trolling.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Originally posted by TheJoda

The biggest irony of all this is how the first MMO's ever released still offer far more than anything else that came afterwards...

Did I forget to mention the epic music, ambience and the weather changes? No wonder I'll go for a record (has not spent $ on a new MMO for 4 years) if I indeed stick with this MMO until 2015+

I mean seriosly, what els e can offer me more and do better that's coming in near future? I sincerely hope to see developers/companies come together to deliver a single AAA product where they can all share the profit over delivering dozen of low budget, rushed projects understaffed.

What?

I think your perception of a Troll has become severely jaded.

EDIT: *wait, I take that back, ignore me please, fs i confused my thread pages >.<

---

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

nah ... the first MMO is not a very good (for me) game. Too much world, too much interdependences, not enough game, convenience and fun.

I am glad the genre progress.

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Probably 80% of what the OP wants can be found in SWG.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by godpuppet

Originally posted by TheJoda
    The biggest irony of all this is how the first MMO's ever released still offer far more than anything else that came afterwards... Did I forget to mention the epic music, ambience and the weather changes? No wonder I'll go for a record (has not spent $ on a new MMO for 4 years) if I indeed stick with this MMO until 2015+ I mean seriosly, what els e can offer me more and do better that's coming in near future? I sincerely hope to see developers/companies come together to deliver a single AAA product where they can all share the profit over delivering dozen of low budget, rushed projects understaffed.

What?

I think your perception of a Troll has become severely jaded.

You sound mad bro.....why so mad?

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    I did a woopsie, too many tabs of thread pages, arghhh.... ignore moi :)

---

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I mean seriosly, what else can offer me more and do better that's coming in near future? I sincerely hope to see developers/companies come together to deliver a single AAA product where they can all share the profit over delivering dozen of low budget, rushed projects understaffed.

IS there a reason you're reluctant to state the name of this game?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Because it doesn't exist for you.
  • donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591

First rule of mmorpg.com is we don't talk about SWG ***.

Second rule of mmorpg.com is WE DON'T TALK ABOUT SWG ***!

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Listing a few features tells me very little about the game until I actually see how those features are implemented.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

It's SWG.

Best MMORPG ever made.

That would be Asheron's Call.  SWG was no where near as complex and engaging as AC.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    I could live with UO graphics, but the outdated UI is just a complete no-go. Get it working with SA client and I'm game.

Most of the great aspects of UO have been patched out, complexity reduced, quests and lore absolutely fucking butchered. EA runs it. Anything EA runs turns to shit.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660
    I can't believe after 50 posts he still hasn't said which one he's talking about. He's just jerking everyone around. There is no awesome, mythical mmo that all of us want to be playing but aren't playing.
  • AtadisAtadis Member Posts: 56
    This is blasphemy. We must not speak of such vile MMO's, only the worthy are allowed to be spoken of.....WoW Clones. Hahaha....JK this sounds like an amazing concept for an MMO though, you'd think by now we'd have all of these cool features....it seems like developers are a little late to the party :) Although they seem to be getting the message so I'm just waiting to see what all of these MMO's on the horizon are like :P
  • RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    It's Mortal Online....actually a pretty good game

• GintohGintoh Member UncommonPosts: 329
    I THINK HES JUST SCREWIN WITH US
  • Sterlin22Sterlin22 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Reverse pyschology guys, he's trying to figure out possible games that match the same qualities and preferences he'd like to see in a MMO and wants us to get our minds working to name some of them. 
  • Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Originally posted by Jimmac
    I can't believe after 50 posts he still hasn't said which one he's talking about. He's just jerking everyone around. There is no awesome, mythical mmo that all of us want to be playing but aren't playing.

Sorry, but what he described at the beginning isn't awesome.  It's not a game I'd have any interest in playing today.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Op you just described less than 30% of The Repopulation this has everything apart from the kitchen sink,no wait they may have a kitchen sink in the player housing and they have a auction house planned.

I tried the player shop thing in the first FF14 disaster it was a nightmare to say the least best to have the best both worlds regarding player trading.

p>
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Yep, they do exists. On top with Wow & Swtor, but enjoying or enjoed a lot last times also Gw2, EQ2, currently after long time AoC, ...
  • StuperstingStupersting Member Posts: 31

Doesn't Runescape 3 have the majority of this?

Has open world with housing, very customizable.

Has factions you can join for war/group pvp.

free to play.

Can craft nearly anything.

no global chat, GE can be considered an auction house I guess.

You can be a thief, hunter, fisher, whatever you want.

Rare artifact collector, Yeah they have that.

Powerful bosses, yup, but they spawn much faster than a few times a week :p

Pvp tournaments and community events, check.

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by Iselin
    And its fatal flaw is what, 2D isometric crap graphics?

Ding Ding Ding!  Also it's run by EA.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Stupersting

Doesn't Runescape 3 have the majority of this?

Has open world with housing, very customizable.

Has factions you can join for war/group pvp.

free to play.

Can craft nearly anything.

no global chat, GE can be considered an auction house I guess.

You can be a thief, hunter, fisher, whatever you want.

Rare artifact collector, Yeah they have that.

Powerful bosses, yup, but they spawn much faster than a few times a week :p

Pvp tournaments and community events, check.

I miss Runescape 1. The muddy graphics, no dragon armor, lots of exploration and socializing with other immature brats in your age group. Ah, 2001, how great it was to be a 6th grader. A time where making your character in Runescape for the first time meant that a majority of Runescapes population in 2013 hasn't been born yet. Heck, even the first year or so of members was great.

Cozy memories of playing the game before I had to worry about work, bills, ect.