Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Antilia - An mmorpg featuring anthro animals and dragons!

We'd like to present Antilia - A majestic mmo featuring anthro animals, steampunk rodents, and dragons as playable characters.

Set on the planet of Forra - Antilia features three intelligent races each struggling to discover the secrets of their magical world. The Taipii pursue the arts, build great cities, and discover a dangerous but powerful form of magic. The Sakii rule the sky, and have mastered self transmutation - capable of taking many shapes and forms. Underground, the Reisuii build wondrous machines, and carve vast cities in The Deep. Antilia has had several public alpha tests, and we have hosted a few special one-time events in the game. 

We've taken inspiration for Antilia from both Western sandbox-style RPGs such as the Elder Scrolls series, as well as our favorite fantasy authors including Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson.  

We are carefully crafting each gameplay system to stand on its own as fun and enjoyable.   For example, our crafting system not only allows players to customize items through materials, but also through a series of morph sliders for a completely customized look.

As a player, you'll be able to travel across Forra freely, be it on foot, by cart, or by ship. Maps and exploration markers help aid you in navigating the world. On Forra, adventure isn't just limited to slashing through enemies - we aim to put as much thought and multiplayer opportunity into fishing, cooking, crafting, mining, and performance arts as we put into our magic and combat.

You can learn more about Antilia at our website: http://antilia-game.com, and we are currently running a Kickstarter Project to improve and expand Antilia more quickly!

We'll be keeping an eye on the thread of course, so please let me know what you think!

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

" For example, our crafting system not only allows players to customize items through materials, but also through a series of morph sliders for a completely customized look."

This is actually a pretty cool feature that I'm surprised more MMOs have explored further.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Opened this expecting something crappy made with RPGmaker or something.

But this, this actually looks quite nice!

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Looks pretty cool, actually.  
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Graylen

Opened this expecting something crappy made with RPGmaker or something.

But this, this actually looks quite nice!

LOL! I did the same thing. :) The OP was actually a welcomed surprise. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ronnabronnab Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Looking forward to it!
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    that looks quite interesting...samdbox ftw
  • JeffLeighJeffLeigh Member Posts: 2

Thank you for all the kind comments.  We realize it's the anthro animal characters that people tend to notice first, but as game designers it's really the chance to create fun gameplay systems and build an interesting world that make the project continually interesting to work on.

One of the ways we've connected to our audience is through a weekly Behind-The-Scenes live stream (which I encourage all indie devs to do), which airs tonight.  My fellow developers and I will be discussing the game's lore, answering questions from the live chat channel, and sharing our new year's resolutions as game developers.  It'll be airing at 6PM Pacific (7PM Mountain, 8PM Central, 9PM Eastern) on the Right Brain Games twitch channel.

• AledraAledra Member Posts: 13

As an early alpha tester of this game I am happy to see this posted here. I was tempted to make a thread about Antilia myself but didn't want to come of as a spammer :P

My experience in Antilia was interesting. As I have been in almost all the open early alpha test before the kickstarter it was like watching a colony slowly grow with more recources. At first there was only fishing. Then cooking, mining, smelting, crafting weapons, combat and magic were added in with each test.

While the first alpha phase was still very basic it was already fun to play and I can't wait till the gameplay systems will get the planned revamp. (So I can cut voxel fish and draw magic weaves ). The weapon crafting system was already a good example of the unique features that will be in Antilia. It was nice seeing everyone walk around with various weapons they made and shaped themself.

The community and the devs so far have been really friendly. (Apart from the few bad apples I gladly only heard about, they were quickly taken care of by the mods though. )  And it's nice to see the devs being so open to communication with the players.

Unique indie mmorpg that would like your support:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeffleigh/antilia-a-majestic-3d-mmo

• SirPKsAlotSirPKsAlot Member Posts: 224
    Seems alright. How much focus is on the anthro animals...? I'd hate to play 3d Furcadia.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin