Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Editorial] General: My Own Kobayashi Maru

13»

Comments

• HrimnirHrimnir Qeynos, COPosts: 1,597Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ApocalypseSunrise

Nah. He hasn't mixed anything up. He mixed those references and quotes together on purpose because they were "true to him and his perceived situation".

He had what he refers to as "a Kobayashi Maru test". - Statement

He claims that Han always shot first. Cinema history-wise this is also true because in the original release of Ep. 4 Han shot and killed Greedo before he could act. I have no idea what Mark was refering to in regards to his career but I am assuming that someone is trying to claim that a situation happened in a reverse manner than he claims it did. - Either way this is intended to be a seperate statement

In his final paragraph it should be obvious that there is an intended mixture.

Aside from those things I don't know who this guy is but it seems rather obvious he is not liked by the masses. I hope his next job places him in a position that is best suited to his strongest talents rather than his greatest weaknesses.

Good to see i wasn't the only one who understood what he was saying perfectly.  Of course, expecting the general internet to have basic reading comprehension skills is asking a bit much these days.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• ahsmohdeanahsmohdean grand rapids, MIPosts: 3Member
    I am going to take a shot at interpretation.  Pitfall Hairy was a reference to the game "pitfall" made by Activision.  So maybe he is going back to Blizzard.  Everyone knows the kobiyashi-Maru reference but I am interpreting it to mean that He forced red 5 to fire him in some way.  This was his "way out" solution to what he believes was an unwinnable situation.  With the Han reference He is saying that he was in control of the events, rather than the victim.  Like saying "I quit, I wasn't fired".  So ya it sounds like from his perspective He couldn't win so he forced them to fire him.
13»