Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6 month checkup

Thought I'd log in to see the state of the game.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

There are like, what, 50 people playing? 5 games over the course of an hour, with short breaks in between to try to mix it up, I wound up waiting 3-4 minutes for games and seeing mostly the same faces over and over again.

Which makes perfect sense once the hacks start coming hard and fast. I though server-side was harder to hack? :p

No, it just turns out that it is easier to manipulate because PGI thinks they did something smart. At least in games with punkbuster, the hacks get fixed.

Then there is the lag; after rewind, and server optimization, and all the BS they sold us for a year, it is still MIND-BOGGLINGLY bad. I run 60-70 ping, and my mech will teleport 20 or 30 feet every few seconds as the server tries to sync up. Half the time that I think my mech is safely behind cover, it is actually out in the middle of a field, and I'm not even evading because, on my screen, I'M SAFE!!

I get lasered through buildings and hills, gaussed to thehead while running 80kph and twisting, don't even get me started on hit registration on spiders and ravens.... don't even get me started on what that does to my ballistic weapons, because the enemy mechs teleport, too, so half the time they aren't where they were supposed to be by the time my shot gets there.

How long until these guys give up and go back to working in convenience stores?

Comments

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

If you wanted to at least complain about the Clan package, that'd be fine and all the negative feedback behind it that'd be fine.

If an average match last about 10 minutes then yeah 5 games in an hour is about right.

There is no shooting through buildings.  You are a big mech, twisting an turning is still going to get you shot.  I have yet to see someone majorly hacking in months.

Hit detection on spiders is jacked, your right there but short of them being the last one on a team and you 1 on 1 with it, it shouldn't matter.  But there is no lag, and if your lagging that badly, the rest of your post is 100% innaccurate because your hit detection and everything else is off...I'd be like complaining that you got killed in any other PVP and blame it on the game instead of the lag.  ( I experience about 1 game a week out of 100+ games, and normally that is server based so everyone else is lagged too.)

If your facing the same enemies its because your ELO is reset to new players or you made a new account.  I rarely see more than 2 people tops in the next game, and normally it takes about 5-6 games before I see a face I saw earlier.

• codejackcodejack Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by kilun

There is no shooting through buildings.  You are a big mech, twisting an turning is still going to get you shot.  I have yet to see someone majorly hacking in months.

Oh, yes there is! Granted, that may be lag rather than hacking, but the "magic" hit box sure as **** is a hack.

Hit detection on spiders is jacked, your right there but short of them being the last one on a team and you 1 on 1 with it, it shouldn't matter.  

....unless there are 4 of them, 1 with ECM so I can't shoot back effectively, anyway, and on a PUG team that would rather not bother to help out; that is, usually.

But there is no lag, and if your lagging that badly, the rest of your post is 100% innaccurate because your hit detection and everything else is off...

There are different issues; teleporting is absolutely lag, while hit detection could be either, except, again, for that stupid magic hitbox trick we keep seeing.

I'd be like complaining that you got killed in any other PVP and blame it on the game instead of the lag.  ( I experience about 1 game a week out of 100+ games, and normally that is server based so everyone else is lagged too.)

If they are running and teleport between the time I press the button and the time my shot gets to them, that's probably lag; if I think I am behind cover, but missiles are going right through the wall/building/bridge/floor (in crimson strait), that may be lag; if they are standing dead still 100m in front of me and my shot goes right through them...

If your facing the same enemies its because your ELO is reset to new players or you made a new account.  I rarely see more than 2 people tops in the next game, and normally it takes about 5-6 games before I see a face I saw earlier.

Do we know the formula for ELO? My k/d is about 1, but my win/loss is pretty high.

IDK how new the account is, has about 50k GXP total?

• MyrradahMyrradah Member UncommonPosts: 102

Not saying you are right or wrong - but I don't have any of these issues. not bragging, not calling you out - just I don't have these issues.

I do notice maybe a little issues with spiders and I tend to get shot a lot easier when I am flying around in my Jenner at 153 than I used to. But I don't experience lag during this - likely me just not being used to piloting sicne I only recently came back after the LRM beta fiasco.

• MyrradahMyrradah Member UncommonPosts: 102

Actually thinking about it a little more - there may be one thing. I pretty much turn off shadows. I find them pointless and usually a cause of lag.

So if you are running shadows on - try with them off. Like I said  - I don't experience these issues.

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409

I couldn't say what the state of the game is.  I love playing it, but they need to do more to change it up.  New map and mode are great, and so is changing the spawn locations so matches don't play out the exact same way as they have been for over a year, but they need to do more, and get some of the stuff they have been promising actually released.  I will say I think there are a lot more players than you imply, a 30 second wait is long to get a game, and you can play for hours without seeing the same person twice.  Not saying it doesn't need more players, just that the waits and playing with the same people constantly I don't see happening to me.

The lag sounds like your own problem.  I play the game all the time and have never- not even once- been shot through a building or terrain.  I've seen rubber banding, and usually when I check my pc I find windows doing downloads.  I'm not saying the servers never have it, but its been rare, a weekend here and there, not typical.  Any online game is going to have lag problems sometimes, and in my experience it happens in this game its less common than I would expect.  And yes you are right about spiders especially when there is lag whether its on your end or theirs, but that's not a normal problem (and I've never had a problem killing ravens or being killed in my raven lag or not).

The cheating-  do you have any proof at all of your claim?  cause I don't see it.  If people are actually managing to cheat, they would be better off learning to play, cause I'm not seeing any results from it.  The main reason I don't believe it is because I've personally been accused of cheating so many times which is hilarious, I wouldn't even know how to try and cheat in a game like this, and what would be the point anyway?

edit: I don't use shadows either.  In fact I play on medium settings I think because I didn't notice any difference except that it makes the inside of the caves as brightly lit as the rest of the map. 

Originally posted by Jerek_

I couldn't say what the state of the game is.  I love playing it, but they need to do more to change it up.  New map and mode are great, and so is changing the spawn locations so matches don't play out the exact same way as they have been for over a year, but they need to do more, and get some of the stuff they have been promising actually released.  I will say I think there are a lot more players than you imply, a 30 second wait is long to get a game, and you can play for hours without seeing the same person twice.  Not saying it doesn't need more players, just that the waits and playing with the same people constantly I don't see happening to me.

The lag sounds like your own problem.  I play the game all the time and have never- not even once- been shot through a building or terrain.  I've seen rubber banding, and usually when I check my pc I find windows doing downloads.  I'm not saying the servers never have it, but its been rare, a weekend here and there, not typical.  Any online game is going to have lag problems sometimes, and in my experience it happens in this game its less common than I would expect.  And yes you are right about spiders especially when there is lag whether its on your end or theirs, but that's not a normal problem (and I've never had a problem killing ravens or being killed in my raven lag or not).

The cheating-  do you have any proof at all of your claim?  cause I don't see it.  If people are actually managing to cheat, they would be better off learning to play, cause I'm not seeing any results from it.  The main reason I don't believe it is because I've personally been accused of cheating so many times which is hilarious, I wouldn't even know how to try and cheat in a game like this, and what would be the point anyway?

edit: I don't use shadows either.  In fact I play on medium settings I think because I didn't notice any difference except that it makes the inside of the caves as brightly lit as the rest of the map. 

I don't know what to say, then; we are having radically different experiences.

I've gone back a few times over the last couple of weeks, but I keep having the same problems. It's no fun, and I'm not getting paid to debug their ****ty game.

One game! ONE ****ING GAME TODAY!

I dropped 4 AC/20 rounds into the face of an overheated Atlas from 25m. Then he jumped to the left, started up and  killed me.

**** this game.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Got some people together last weekend for a MW4 Merc LAN game and it did everything this game did, but better. And it is how old?

And we didn't have to buy anything in the cash shop, either.

Originally posted by Burntvet

Got some people together last weekend for a MW4 Merc LAN game and it did everything this game did, but better. And it is how old?

Yea, but did you have a hula girl bobbling away on your dashboard?

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by codejack
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Yea, but did you have a hula girl bobbling away on your dashboard?

It's true that is an important game feature... :P

In case anyone missed it, PGI is well aware that there are hacks being used:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/140568-cheats/

[quote]

Discussing cheats or hacks will not do anything to prevent other users from using them. In fact, it will only advertise them further making the problem worse.

The only thing that does help, ist to write a mail to [email protected] with as many information as possible....

[/quote]

In other words, you're supposed to be using the hacks, but you're not supposed to be talking about it. It's Cheat Club.

I just had a Raven stand dead still in front of my K2 gausscat, take 8 rounds to the CT (8 x 15 = 120) before coring me with 2 mlas, and I had 0 damage registered.

And I'm not going through the trouble to make a video, upload it to youtube, look up the website of the hack(s) involved, and email it all to them just to make up for the fact that they are crappy programmers. I'll put in the effort when they do.

Well, that told me:

After complaining once again about cheaters in game, I got the message I should have figured out for myself:

"Dude, of course we're cheating, why aren't you?"

• ShiftytShiftyt Member Posts: 24
    I like it for the most part. Its a quick few matches and I can log off.   There are hacks but every game has those, and you don't see them to often.

Shiftyt

Just loaded it up again; have they done anything this year?