Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do they plan on doing any 24/7 closed or Open Betas

TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
do they plan on doing any 24/7 closed or Open Betas? Ive participated in 2 weekends tests but havent read of anything more.(I'm sure they DO have internal, friends and family testing going on)

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    One of my chief concerns about the release quality of the game, they need some real stress testing before hand, hopefully that comes in the next few months.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• IsometrixIsometrix Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by Distopia
    One of my chief concerns about the release quality of the game, they need some real stress testing before hand, hopefully that comes in the next few months.

Honestly that's too late. I really think announcing a release date before you have a 24/7 beta test running with 1000+ people, you cannot commit to a release date if you care at all about the quality of your game. Not having a beta for something that releases 4 months from now is insane. Friends / family beta is not the same. Honestly it makes me worry about the quality of your game. If your game is so mindblowingly good that you can determine a release date without feedback, shouldn't you want to get a closed beta going so people can spread the word on how great your game is?

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by TribeofOne
    do they plan on doing any 24/7 closed or Open Betas? Ive participated in 2 weekends tests but havent read of anything more.(I'm sure they DO have internal, friends and family testing going on)

I know that the betas will getting larger and larger, ramping up towards release- this was stated by ZOS.

I've also read quite a few times on the official Bethesda forums that open beta is planned, but have never been able to find actual confirmation of this. Anyone else know ?

• dcaldessadcaldessa Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by Isometrix
    Originally posted by Distopia

Honestly that's too late. I really think announcing a release date before you have a 24/7 beta test running with 1000+ people, you cannot commit to a release date if you care at all about the quality of your game. Not having a beta for something that releases 4 months from now is insane. Friends / family beta is not the same. Honestly it makes me worry about the quality of your game. If your game is so mindblowingly good that you can determine a release date without feedback, shouldn't you want to get a closed beta going so people can spread the word on how great your game is?

They have literally been in closed beta testing for over a year , and a huge Alpha testing before that, they are confident that the game is ready, because of the strict closed testing they have been and still are doing, not every game needs to have a mass open beta just to be considered good... all in all it is just a matter of opinion, I know where I stand on the game and am looking forward to exploring the ESO realm,

cheers.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

There are 3 letters which prevent anyone giving a meaningful answer: NDA

Anyone that is in the closed beta or knows this information through some other source is prevented from discussing it due to the NDA. 

Judging by the way other recent games have handled this, there will is a 24/7 closed beta with limited testers, the number of whom increase closer to launch,  and they will have several beta weekends, ramping up in frequency and population the closer to launch we get. I cant think of any recent P2P games which have done a 24/7 open beta.....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Only MMO I can think of that had 24/7 open beta was Neverwinter. And that was jus a gimmick soft launch not a real beta.

This game has had 24/7 closed beta going on for quite a while.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

Originally posted by Iselin
    Only MMO I can think of that had 24/7 open beta was Neverwinter. And that was jus a gimmick soft launch not a real beta.This game has had 24/7 closed beta going on for quite a while.
    He's asking if there will be a full Open Beta thats not just a weekend.

Which, is very unlikely. If beta is going badly they will not have an Open Beta and keep the NDA up right until launch so people may impulse buy the game without full knowledge of its quality.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Only MMO I can think of that had 24/7 open beta was Neverwinter. And that was jus a gimmick soft launch not a real beta.This game has had 24/7 closed beta going on for quite a while.

Which, is very unlikely. If beta is going badly they will not have an Open Beta and keep the NDA up right until launch so people may impulse buy the game without full knowledge of its quality.

You must think that gamers other than you are idiots. They're going to hide everything and then we'll buy it? Nice conspiracy theory.

Of course there will be an open beta at some point. The weekend betas to this point have been closed betas under NDA... not that you'd know it from all the NDA breaks from trolls.

Also... you might want to read the OP closer before you tell us what he meant... this part in particular "do they plan on doing any 24/7 closed or Open Betas?" ... highlighted the important bit for you.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

You must think that gamers other than you are idiots. They're going to hide everything and then we'll buy it? Nice conspiracy theory.

Of course there will be an open beta at some point. The weekend betas to this point have been closed betas under NDA... not that you'd know it from all the NDA breaks from trolls.

Also... you might want to read the OP closer before you tell us what he meant... this part in particular "do they plan on doing any 24/7 closed or Open Betas?" ... highlighted the important bit for you.

They might want to hide it. There are still enough people who think it is going to be something extra special. 

You will start seeing a clear change as more and more people experience any sort of beta closed or open. The lovers will diminish and the critics will increase.

Right now enough people still have the mystery, once they get the experience the mystery is gone.

Their best approach is to have a pre release entry tied to pre orders. So anyone who preorders gets 3 or 4 days head start, a week if they feel they need that much. Keep all advancement you gain. Then they dont need an open beta and they also have money in pocket.

• SoulTrapOnSelfSoulTrapOnSelf Member Posts: 190

Looking forward for some open beta. I need to roll other races and try other classes/builds. Hard to decide.

Edit: as for when open beta? no brainer, like 3 weeks prior launch; before open beta there may be some short tests though