Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless

GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446

Yep.

Finally a game that actually looks decent, graphics wise.  I haven't looked into it much but from what I've seen so far, this game is looking pretty good.

Comments

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Yeah it has good graphics, rolled over a typical Korean grindfest themepark piece of crap.

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Yeah it has good graphics, rolled over a typical Korean grindfest themepark piece of crap.

Very true what you said but some like grindfest, I personally love to grind.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by SamuraiXIV
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Very true what you said but some like grindfest, I personally love to grind.

And you're obviously entitled to. And have a ton of good looking quality games to choose from. Me, however... Well I have hope that EQNext and Landmark will breathe some fresh air into the genre.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Here's NA/EU in a nutshell:

I hate Korean grind games! *Gets to max level in non-grind game in a week* I HATE GAMES WITH NO CONTENT. Yes, you can make the argument that grinding isn't content, however, it elongates a game. If there is open world PvP, it builds a community, a name for players, who are out there killing each other, etc. 

I really hope game companies bring back SOME grind. Yea, it sucks, but it can be relaxing too. Vanilla WoW had a pretty good level of grind to it.

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I've been looking forward to this game since i first heard of it. I hope it comes to america!

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159

Well, at least Korean MMO makers have the artistic and graphical portion down. I trust they'll catch up some day and make a Western-worthy title.

The western developers aren't doing so hot themselves and they flop on the graphical front. At least they're pushing for more artistry (EQN, Wildstar, GW2 etc).

Originally posted by Fappuccino

Well, at least Korean MMO makers have the artistic and graphical portion down. I trust they'll catch up some day and make a Western-worthy title.

The western developers aren't doing so hot themselves and they flop on the graphical front. At least they're pushing for more artistry (EQN, Wildstar, GW2 etc).

I agree, however to say western worthy is almost like saying we're "better" or have some sort of superior taste; I actually think we have some of the most arrogant, silver spoon fed, awful communities in gaming. The closest I've come to fun factor is FF14, and right now, the only reason I play it is because I found an awesome group of dudes to play/socialize with. It's a shame Korean games get such a bad rap due to grind, because a lot of the time, they are pretty good games. Aion when it first came to NA was a horrible, horrid grind fest, I admit, but man, the community at end game was one of the best I'd been apart of since EQ.

I'm looking forward to ArcheAge, but I know it's apparently already been "westernized" into a 1 week solo-quest extravaganza, I just hope some of the sand box elements can save it. Oh, and the OWPvP is already cool in my world.

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by wormed
    Originally posted by Fappuccino

I agree, however to say western worthy is almost like saying we're "better" or have some sort of superior taste;

I see, it does sound like it. What I meant though was a title that doesn't utterly flop over here. Not putting ourselves on a pedestal or anything because ---->

I actually think we have some of the most arrogant, silver spoon fed, awful communities in gaming.

----> I agree with this sentiment.

The closest I've come to fun factor is FF14, and right now, the only reason I play it is because I found an awesome group of dudes to play/socialize with. It's a shame Korean games get such a bad rap due to grind, because a lot of the time, they are pretty good games. Aion when it first came to NA was a horrible, horrid grind fest, I admit, but man, the community at end game was one of the best I'd been apart of since EQ.

I'm looking forward to ArcheAge, but I know it's apparently already been "westernized" into a 1 week solo-quest extravaganza, I just hope some of the sand box elements can save it. Oh, and the OWPvP is already cool in my world.

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446

Unfortunately, SOE doesn't make MMO's anymore.  They make online games that can involve grouping.

They have ruined EQ2, and I'm almost positive that EQ:N is going to suck balls.  I could never get into WoW because of the graphics (personal opinion, I'm aware) and havent' found a good game that has the play style I like WITH the graphics I want.

This game, Bless, has a story down and reason to play and the graphics are great.  And although I'm not a grind mania fan, I understand the need to put work into get to a reward.  So, I'm actually glad or will be glad if this game DOESN'T get "westernized".

I have high hopes for games like Bless but the amount of information is so small and it's hard to get excited for something I have no idea about. ArcheAge is the only MMORPG that has some information to it since it's been released in KR/JP and RU is about to get it. I also have high hopes for Black Desert as well. Looks very cool.

OH! And the game that totally surprised me, combat wise, was that Black Gold game from the people who made Age of Wushu. Scary that it's AoW people cause that game was awful (imo) but it looks pretty slick. I guess we'll see!