Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A game where you dont need a keyboard

penthepenthe Member Posts: 25

I've recently injured my back and Im unable to sit for very long, I'm looking for an online mmorpg of sorts where you can use a regular mouse for most of your actions. I play lying down since Im on bed rest and its very hard to manage keys.

THANKS

Comments

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Get a ps4,and get elslderscrolls when it comes out in June, wireless headset or mike ftw. Or conversely, final fantasy, it's out on ps3, with an auto upgrade to ps4, also, a lot of games will allow keybinding with those nice, multi button mice.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

if you can't move much ( are bed ridden) i would look into joysticks and gameboards, as long as you can move both of your hands and all your fingers. Logitech gameboards and joysticks are pretty amazing, and they have a ton of varietey, and they are incredibly customizable too, so with just a few buttons you can do a ton of things. i can use my logitch G13+mouse laying down no problem, and the only things i'd be moving are my fingers a my wrists a bit. the little thumb stick on the G13 game pads it's just awesome. for chat just use a voice recognition software and just copy paste into chat.  biggest problem is setting up the screen on the ceiling....

if pressing keys just will not do it you can look at the Peregrine controller glove, it won't have the options that Logitech gaming pads have but it might do. 

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    One option you have is to pick up a xBox360 controller with wireless USB attachment (60$ 3 years ago or so). And snag FFXIV since the game is easily playable with controller. I also play diablo 3 with only my mouse but that requires a 10 or so button mouse. Marvel heroes also can be played with mouse only same as Diablo. Eve online is another option if ya don't mind going it solo and playing in hi sec.

C

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    Originally posted by mrshroom89
    . Eve online is another option if ya don't mind going it solo and playing in hi sec.

...yes EvE is a game that you can play with pretty much only your mouse (except for chat)...

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

GW1.

You probably wont play 'great' but half the time I lay in bed and use the mouse just fine. You will need the Keyboard for some things but its certainly doable especially for all of Prophecies (outside Hard mode and some of the last missions)

If you are looking to tool around and use a Keyboard 99% of the time you can do this with GW...Again, you wont be "good" and would be much better with a Keyboard- Who cares? Its still fun.

GW1 is my "laying in bed" mmorpg. When we are doing a hard run I will actually sit up and play but when I am by myself or just screwing around (most of the time) its all done one handed, with a mouse, curled up under the covers, peeking at the monitor.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    lots of games you can play just using the mouse, WoW and SW;TOR for instance, its easier with the keyboard obviously, as you need to press both mouse buttons at the same time to move, and press the keys on the hotbar with the mouse, but, it is do-able.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Most Korean MMOs. Their controls are designed to be used by one hand (on mouse) so people can text/smoke/drink/whatever with the other.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Most Korean MMOs. Their controls are designed to be used by one hand (on mouse) so people can text/smoke/drink/whatever with the other.

GW has the same type of setup (which is why I recomended it) even "click to move" if needed . The great thing about GW1 as a mouse only game is that there are only ever one skillbar of like 8 skills. So the UI is great and the game is set up to use a very minimum amount of skills.

..Plus its not a Korean Grinder lol.

BUT you are right. Same basic setup with less skills (generally) 

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    If you have a gamepad Vindictus is playable with that (on PC).
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190

This video is from a year ago, but I just saw it recently ... so if you have a windows tablet ..

I have not tried it, but our post reminded me of this and it looks like they have a pretty long list of supported games.

http://www.overwolf.com/Supported-Games

• zonjimasenzonjimasen Member UncommonPosts: 32

If you can get a beta key, hearthstone. 

• penthepenthe Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by zonjimasen

I did get one some time back, thanks for the reminder, I set it up and its quite fun. Not quite the fun feel of an MMO but it will do for the time being.

I did try to play wow since im still technically subbed and I wanted to throw my pc out the window. Im a keybinder and I like to pvp so lying down was aggravating.

thanks for all your replies :)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by penthe
    Originally posted by zonjimasen

I did get one some time back, thanks for the reminder, I set it up and its quite fun. Not quite the fun feel of an MMO but it will do for the time being.

I did try to play wow since im still technically subbed and I wanted to throw my pc out the window. Im a keybinder and I like to pvp so lying down was aggravating.

thanks for all your replies :)

just a thought, but if you do have a gamepad, you can probably play most games using that if the keys are 'rebindable' which most MMO's they are afaik.. but yeah, PVP not so great, either way going to be at too much of a disadvantage, until you get better anyway

also, FFXIV;ARR selecting gamepad is just a clickie, and it reconfigures the interface for you automatically. image

• AledraAledra Member Posts: 13

I know Spiral Knights can be set up to be played mostly with the mouse so that might be an option, but it's not that much of a mmorpg (mostly instanced) and the graphics style might not be for everyone.

I wish you good luck with your recovery.

Unique indie mmorpg that would like your support:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeffleigh/antilia-a-majestic-3d-mmo

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Eldevin , Runescape