Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is open world pvp in pvp servers nowadays?

treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

I am considering playing WoW (also SWTOR, the decision will come depending on the pvp status in both games).  how is open world pvp  in the game now?. I will play in a PvP server, all I want to know is if you can find people from the other faction to pvp with in the world while questing, and if that is a yes, if it is a common thing to see or it is something that rarely happens. Is there any other open world pvp system implemented? Like a open pvp zone with objetives or something?

Comments

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Grief or be griefed there is no world pvp
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Don't know much about SWTOR, but my WoW server seems more or less dead. The only 'world pvp' I ever see is the occasional alliance coming to mess with us while dueling outside. 
  • treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    What i mean is if you are questing in an area and you suddenly see other enemy faction players questin there too so you can engage in open pvp? is that viable and happen frequently or is very rare? are there any  pve map with a pvp focus?
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    Originally posted by treyu86
    What i mean is if you are questing in an area and you suddenly see other enemy faction players questin there too so you can engage in open pvp? is that viable and happen frequently or is very rare? are there any  pve map with a pvp focus?

..."questing" in WoW?

your doing it wrong. 

Everyone just ques for instant dungeons/BG while sitting by the auction house and spamming local chat with Chuck Norris jokes. 

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Please stick to the topic of my post and avoid trolling or bashing the game. I really want information. So how is open pvp in pvp servers anyone playing now that can share opinion? Thanks
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Im on a full pvp server, there is plenty of pvp to be had.  Even with the cross realm shenanigans now red names are a common sight.  

The ultimate world pvp experience though is probably on the rp-pvp servers, where all they do is fight basically.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Considering many questing zones are cross realm now, there should be ample opportunity for wPvP.

However, there is alot of ganking going on from lvl 90's from both faction in these same zones, so be forewarned. image  

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Here's the gist of it. If playing in a PvP server, you will, depending on the zone you are in, run into players from enemy factions. Fighting each other is often the outcome of such encounters and is all well and good until you introduce two elements: Heirlooms and flying mounts. Unless you are well equipped with several BoA's that can only be acquired through grinding at the higher levels, then you will be at a severe disadvantage when facing other players, as most are usually twinked out. Another critical point that must be mentioned is the use of flying mounts. It absolutely shatters any hope for a fair confrontation given that you can be assaulted by a flying enemy whenever he feels like it. Not only that, players on pursuit using flying mounts are extremely hard to get away from as they move rather quickly and have a heightened view of the game world. Conversely, flying mounts can be used to completely avoid this aspect of the game, making for rather desolate zones on ground at the higher levels.

In all honesty, World of Warcraft is not the game you want to be playing if world PvP is your main focus.

• jigo86jigo86 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    wow nowdays is a big empty world. pvp like u asked for happend 6 years b4
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by jigo86
    wow nowdays is a big empty world. pvp like u asked for happend 6 years b4

When did you last play?

as many said before, with the crossrealm system some zones actually are populated again

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)