Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 What you will be playing

Comments

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Dark Souls 2

Wildstar

Ni No Kuni (i know, i'm late on the boat and getting it next week)

Division (if it launches '14)

DayZ

Heartstone (possibly if i'm not bored of it by then)

And more, when they show up.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

WoW for me.  Took a long break and now got an itch for a real MMO, was playing DDO a couple of months back since my early Cata break.

Maybe Wildstar at the end of the year if it is received VERY well and after WoW's WoD ages a bit on me.  So far initial playing has me feeling deja vu of past "WoW killer" MMOs and grew bored really quick.

ESO....eh.  Played the beta and just made me want a sequel to Skyrim in the TES series, not an mmo bastardization.

I'm looking forward to 2014 more for the single player titles like Wastelands 2 and Project Eternity  and hopefully Torment: Tides of Numeria than for MMOs.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    EVE. I don't think I'll ever quit this game for good. It has too many things going on in it that it's hard to look elsewhere :P

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Will be playing what I've played for the last eight years--EVE Online.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    I'll play Minecraft and some of the 50 billion Steam Games I just bought until 4/4/14, when I'll jump into ESO.  How long that lasts, who knows, but I'll be playing it. 
  • KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    World of Warcraft, Star Citizen and Day Z, I really have high hope for Dayz and how the devs can add their own things to the game now, The game will be amazing.
  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

Most of the games on my to play list are not MMO's. Overall, non MMOs games are simply better in terms of gameplay, graphics and fun. The MMO genre has simply failed to live up to its own hype. It promises much and delivers very little. It's mostly grinding and gear treadmilling with the same tired mechanics we have seen since 1997.

But I will probably try ESO and Wildstar despite my better judgement. But MMOs have become a place to feel alone in a crowd, with everyone just rushing to get to the next level or piece of gear. So, for now I will play Magic the Gathering, Battlefield 4, Dota 2 and a number of indy titles with a few AAA games thrown in.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I'll still be playing Mortal Online, probably also TSW, STO, and Neverwinter as well.

Of the new games, I'll be trying EQN, TESO, Hearthstone, and any sandbox game that come out during the year.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Hopefully, The WITCHER 3!!!
  • HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Mostly games I already own. I never got around to play the Bioshock games and that alone may be enough for my gaming in 2014.

Oh, and some of the better boardgames on tablets (Agricola, Puerto Rico, Ra, Euphrat & Tigris etc.)

I don't see any of the upcoming MMORPG's as something I would be interested in.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• geelgeel Member UncommonPosts: 93

I have a feeling 2014 will be a console gaming year for me :S I will probably buy a ps4 and play the division, witcher 3 and gta5. PC games are such a letdown lately. I have always played mmorpg's but the last few years there's just nothing good. Out of all the upcoming mmorpg's nothing seems noteworthy. Well maybe Black Desert ... 

All I play atm is DOTA 2 and Path of Exile. 

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452
    Originally posted by geel

I have a feeling 2014 will be a console gaming year for me :S I will probably buy a ps4 and play the division, witcher 3 and gta5. PC games are such a letdown lately. I have always played mmorpg's but the last few years there's just nothing good. Out of all the upcoming mmorpg's nothing seems noteworthy. Well maybe Black Desert ... 

All I play atm is DOTA 2 and Path of Exile. 

Witcher 3 and The Division will be on PC too :p

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

Most likely: The Witcher 3, Dragon Age 3, Starcraft 2. Maybe Thief. Most likely quite a bit Portal 2, maybe a bit of Borderlands 2 - still got to finish some add ons. Probably some more non-mmos, i'm sure i will come across some nice ones, though most will not be new, just never played.

MMOs..well, maybe i'll get back to Guild Wars 2. Didn't play in months. Maybe some more Vindictus, i'd love to see the new bosses etc, even when Nexon will f*ck it up for sure. I don't see me playing any of the new MMOs. EQ:N/LM? Who cares. ESO? I didn't finish any TES game. Just not my type i guess. So TES + your #123789 WoW clone...no reason to play it. The Repopulation does sound more interesting, but first they have to deliver.

Maybe some Minecraft, didn't play it in months, too, and there are quite a lot of new features. I'd like to see a real redstone update - better pistons (extending further mostly), maybe linking blocks so you can make nie looking gates, and not either 3x3  (or whatever size) or using stuff like sand.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932

My 3 MMOs for 2014 I will play for years after their launch:

1 - Lineage Eternal:

http://youtu.be/sCdbdsFgNGI

2 - Tree of Savior(the spiritual successor of Ragnarok)

http://youtu.be/XXBuPMfG5y4

3 - MU Online 2:

http://youtu.be/COB--bE_r-E

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Thief in Feb, TESO, South Park, and a few others in the spring.. The Witcher 3.

Maybe: the Division, DA3, Wasteland 2.

Hoping: One of the new Space Sims.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

Pathfiinder Online early access and The Witcher 3 definitely. Probably a bunch of other stuff that I kinckstarted that is supposed to come out next year (Shroud of the Avatar/Wasteland 2/Legends of Eisenwald/Meriweather/Divinty:Original Sin)

Maybe Dragon Age 3 if it is more like Dragon Age Origins than Dragon Age 2.

Maybe Elder Scrolls Online if the reviews are positive. Definitely will try ArcheAge if Trion actually gets it out.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499

Games on the horizon that have a chance of offering something worthwhile to the genre:

*Black Desert

*Pathfinder

Games on the horizon that have NO chance of offering something worthwhile:

*Everything else

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    I'll be playing Warlords, possibly ESO if WoD release is late (June or after,) and maybe a little GW2 if they have an actual expansion with a design philosophy overhaul away from cash grab 2 week releases.  Zero interest in Wildstar unless it was B2P/F2P.  I suppose if by some miracle EQ:N is released this year I will give that a whirl...maybe Landmark too when I'm bored.
  • jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251

Guild Wars 2, maybe Rift, maybe Tera, most likely Lineage 2.

If my financial situation improves I may look into getting FF14, trying TES:O, WildStar, EQ:N/L and maybe even WoW:WoD.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

playing Lotro and EQ2 until ESO

After that, Focused on Elder Scrolls Online!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

EverQuest Next isn't coming out anytime soon. No way. Q4 2015 at the earliest in my opinion. EverQuest Landmark, however, may release late this year, though. I don't think it will be for everyone, though. Smed stated that EQL Alpha will begin Jan 2014.

2014? I'm hoping to play the US version of ArcheAge. My FPS will come from Titanfall. If those two end up sucking, I'll go back to QuakeLive... again.

• FIXTHECAMERAFIXTHECAMERA Member Posts: 55

I'm surprised, not even one mention of Blade and Soul?

That will hopefully be the only game I'm playing in 2014 if it decides to come out after 6 years of waiting.

Some may scoff at the Asian theme, but having played the game myself, the gameplay is just too good to pass up.

Blade and Soul will truly be a surprise hit when it comes out.

• MalinkadinkMalinkadink Member UncommonPosts: 79

Witcher 1 & Witcher 2

Playstation 4 games like infamous second son

Renegade X!!!!! :DDDD

Maybe TESO

Maybe WILDSTAR

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

More Guild Wars 2, League of Legends, and Hearthstone.

I don't really know too much about any other games that are coming up, and I'm quite happy with the games I've been playing.  

• ayeshunayeshun Member Posts: 5
    Patiently waiting for Bless Online and Monster Hunter Online if it ever makes it out of China.